Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,475
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:36:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Avengers: Endgame

Started by Phil_A, December 07, 2018, 01:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Quote from: greenman on April 05, 2019, 07:57:19 AM
Rather different film to the last as well were we'd already had much of the setup and it was into the action almost straight away.

I dunno, there can't be that much to set up in this one, can there? People gone poof, world all fucked... Ant-Man wanders around marvelling at how fucked everything is, then joins Cap and chums to biff up Thanos. Won't be straight into a brawl on a spaceship like Infinity War was, but I doubt it'll be hours of build-up before the rock 'em sock 'em action kicks off.

The Culture Bunker

I can imagine they'll fill a good hour/90 minutes of everyone dealing with the aftermath/getting the team back together/Stark getting back to earth/formulating a plan. It'll probably be past the two hour point when Thanos appears.

Mister Six

90 minutes without action? No, I sincerely doubt that.

greenman

Stark returning home could have some action to it as could any Capt Marvel involvement but yeah I suspect you'll see a good deal of Avengers soul searching early on.

I mean the reaction to the end of the less film was pretty strong from a lot of viewers so I can see them playing off of that heavily, perhaps doing some reshoots along those lines.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Mister Six on April 05, 2019, 10:54:21 PM
90 minutes without action? No, I sincerely doubt that.
Scope for some action - the trailers have had Hawkeye taking down some bods in his new guise. You might even have the Avengers trying to keep the world in order after half the population vanishes - but I'd say it would be background to their general fucked-offness over what happened.

Mister Six

Oh, sure, I don't doubt that. I'm just equally sure there will be some action scenes in there, whether that's superheroes stopping criminals from taking over as society collapses in the wake of the snap, Ant-Man returning from the nanoverse, Stark and Nebula travelling to Earth, or something else entirely.

greenman

Quote from: Mister Six on April 05, 2019, 11:59:10 PM
Oh, sure, I don't doubt that. I'm just equally sure there will be some action scenes in there, whether that's superheroes stopping criminals from taking over as society collapses in the wake of the snap, Ant-Man returning from the nanoverse, Stark and Nebula travelling to Earth, or something else entirely.

Yes I don't think Marvel are suddenly going to deliver an hours worth of downbeat soul searching without any kind of action/humour to it but I suspect if the film is 3 hours long that's likely to be the general bent of the opening with some lowkey action mixed in.

It does seem different to Infinity War in that film had a hell of a lot of setup beforehand and could hit the ground running, if it slowed down it was actually midway though as Thanos was revealed to be rather different to our expectations.

colacentral

This is out soon so I'll get my predictions on record here:

Captain America dies and it's like the end of Gladiator: after-life with Peggy, thus fulfilling his arc of being the one to "jump on the grenade". Possibly echoes the Gamora soul stone scene from the end of IW. They have the dance they kept mentioning in Captain America 1.

Tony Stark's wedding is the big epilogue scene / grand finale, like Muppets Take Manhattan. Every surviving character is there, including the revived Guardians of the Galaxy. Chance for Rocket to say goodbye to the Earth characters and that sort of thing. It will be the big splash panel moment to end the film.

The dusted characters will be brought back to life one by one to the rousing sound of "A Kind of Magic" by Queen.

Quote from: colacentral on April 13, 2019, 10:18:01 PM
The dusted characters will be brought back to life one by one to the rousing sound of "A Kind of Magic" by Queen.

Wrong. I've seen a screener and the disappeared superheroes make their return one-by-one as the Ghostbusters walk through New York City in the Statute of Liberty with Jackie Wilson blaring.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on April 16, 2019, 09:26:13 PM
Footage has leaked online.
I struggle to imagine why anyone would want to see this film for the first time in such a way - presumably we can all be nice and not leak spoilers?

From what I understand it's a selection of clips of small spoilers rather than the ending.

chveik

colacentral

Yes, why would anyone want to have fun? I also struggle to understand chocolate, puppies and rollercoasters.

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on April 14, 2019, 05:37:24 AM
Wrong. I've seen a screener and the disappeared superheroes make their return one-by-one as the Ghostbusters walk through New York City in the Statute of Liberty with Jackie Wilson blaring.

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 16, 2019, 09:48:57 PM
I struggle to imagine why anyone would want to see this film for the first time in such a way - presumably we can all be nice and not leak spoilers?

I'm sorry. But no need to be passive aggressive about it.

Head Gardener

Sin Agog

Quote from: Head Gardener on April 18, 2019, 07:20:55 PM
to recap

Stupid Hollywood liberals, always putting minorities in their casts just to be PC.

greenman

Dr Rock

Quote from: colacentral on April 13, 2019, 10:18:01 PM

Captain America dies and it's like the end of Gladiator: after-life with Peggy,

A popular theory, but will he be mind-wiped so that he doesn't know the future? (Oh you mean he actually dies, and isn't thrown back to olden days times. Nah).He knew Peggy about a week, and they had one kiss (I think). I know it's movies but that relationship could've ended in a few months when the new wore off. And it would also have to ignore the bit at the end of Age Of Ultron where Steve says he's adjusted to the modern day now and wouldn't want to go back in time (paraphrasing).

My prediction is neither Iron man or Cap will die in Endgame. They'll step back but will continue to pop up in further movies. Loki will be back from the dead. Thanos won't die. Maybe Ant-Man will die, if I had to pick someone.

greenman

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 18, 2019, 07:55:03 PMMy prediction is neither Iron man or Cap will die in Endgame. They'll step back but will continue to pop up in further movies.

I can certainly see that happening, basically have the characters step aside to allow for a new Avengers team driven more by the likes of Strange but leave Marvel the option of bringing one/both of them back in the future.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 18, 2019, 07:55:03 PMHe knew Peggy about a week, and they had one kiss (I think).
First CA film suggests it was more than a week. The montage of a concentrated set of operations against HYDRA must have covered a few months, surely.

Anyways, he's bound to croak it, I reckon. Maybe he'll put himself to be some kind of sacrifice to the soul stone, replacing Gamora or suchlike. Tony Stark pops up now and again, maybe as part of the Illuminati, or funding Reed Richards' voyage into space.

colacentral

I read a theory that Hulk might die to give Black Widow the soul stone in a scene which would be the inverse of his helicopter fall from Incredible Hulk. That sounds pretty plausible to me - someone has to die to get that stone surely, and it would also echo Gamora's fall. Not to mention the fact that the Hulk never gets to do much anyway due to Marvel's deal with Universal, so it wouldn't be a big loss, and he's one of those characters whose resurrection could be easily explained. Introducing She-Hulk as a replacement is an option too, not to mention Ben Grimm.

Dr Rock

Or do we only have the Red Skull's word that the stone required a sacrifice? He may have just been playing a prank on ol' Thanos.

mothman

I am shocked and appalled at the suggestion that Red Skull could ever be anything less than candid in his utterances. If you can't trust the word of a mutated Nazi condemned forever to a half-life purgatory, then really I don't know what the point even is of going on anymore.

colacentral

Quote from: mothman on April 18, 2019, 11:06:50 PM
I am shocked and appalled at the suggestion that Red Skull could ever be anything less than candid in his utterances. If you can't trust the word of a mutated Nazi condemned forever to a half-life purgatory, then really I don't know what the point even is of going on anymore.

Something that made me laugh after IW came out was seeing an imaginary conversation between Thanos and Red Skull where after hearing Thanos intends to kill half of everyone, the Red Skull would reply "but mostly Jews right?"

Swoz_MK

A cam has just leaked if you aren't massively arsed about enjoying it in glorious IMAXXXXX

chocky909

They've filmed a 3D showing. Looks absolute gash.

Bazooka

Just watched it, got released in China the day earlier than the UK, my review: fell asleep.

Gulftastic

Got my ticket. 9.40 showing tomorrow morning

mothman

Saturday lunchtime. I will now bow out of this thread until afterwards. See y'all in 72 hours.