Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:49:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Avengers: Endgame

Started by Phil_A, December 07, 2018, 01:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: mothman on April 24, 2019, 08:19:09 PM
Saturday lunchtime. I will now bow out of this thread until afterwards. See y'all in 72 hours.
Saturday 10am for me. Curse work insisting I was needed in the office on Friday...

mothman

I picked 1335 at random, and it had two seats in the perfect location. I checked a few other showings, like the VueXtreme ones, but they were all full. My local Vue is showing it FORTY-SIX TIMES on Thursday. Thirty-three on Friday.

(yes, I know I said I was ducking out, but I figure nobody will have seen it yet so I've got an hour or two's grace)

I had to try to see it sooner rather than later, my eldest was worried if we waited two long she'd get spoiled on social media. "I won't be able to go on Instagram for FIVE DAYS," she wailed.

kittens

just been to midnight screening. fuckin tired. film was fine.

VelourSpirit

Yeah same
I thought it was brilliant and mad. Whether you appreciate the decisions made in the film or not... how the fuck they even put it all together is just incredible

SteveDave

I liked it best when Thanos farted and wiped another 6 million people by accident

madhair60

Can someone spoil for me does Rocket Racoon die?

SteveDave

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2019, 09:36:39 AM

Wikipedia now has the plot...

madhair60

I just want to know about Racoon. Thank you.

kittens

the Alien kills him with a big gun.

EDIT: spoiler alert

Chollis

madhair60

Quote from: kittens on April 25, 2019, 11:37:06 AM
the Alien kills him with a big gun.

EDIT: spoiler alert

aww nahhh

Shit Good Nose

Surely Captain Marvel just does a Supes and flies anti-clockwise around the universe a few times undoing everything and thus rendering every single Marvel film pointless and a complete waste of our time.

No?

Ferris

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on April 25, 2019, 01:03:17 PM
Surely Captain Marvel just does a Supes and flies anti-clockwise around the universe a few times undoing everything and thus rendering every single Marvel film pointless and a complete waste of our time.

No?

Or all the characters get together to solve their latest crisis, and then! ...the camera pulls back, and they're a panel in a comic book, that a child closes and dismisses as "a load of shit", then he rides a scooter off into the sunset. Fade to black. The words "GET A GRIP, NERDS!" appear on the screen. Credits.

- Fin -

greenman

Nothing else on so saw it this morning.

Non spoilery reaction is generally very positive, I mean like the last one having so many characters does make it a bit fractured but I think it manages to pull of both that and pretty wild shifts in tone very well. It does definitely exploit actually having a cast with good acting chops, probably moreso than any other Marvel.

If I was being very critical I might say perhaps it should have kept with the serious tone more consistently?

Timothy

Really, really good film. Respect for the writers and directors. They pulled it off.

Blumf

magval

No, but there's a point at which an interval would fit perfectly in terms of running time and story.

Maybe it's at the cinema's discretion.

Film is ace. I'm not a fanboy but if you like these films you'll probably love this and if you love them, don't worry.

kittens

just so you don't waste your time, like i did at 3.30 this morning, there is no post-credits scene.

maett

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2019, 09:36:39 AM

Horribly! Edward II got off lightly compared to that poor furry fucker. (Did not involve Antman)

Film took a while to get going must have been about an hour. Was OK after that. 8/10

Quote from: kittens on April 25, 2019, 02:55:10 PM
just so you don't waste your time, like i did at 3.30 this morning, there is no post-credits scene.
That's good to know, I left soon as the credits started as I was busting, everyone else was staying put, felt a bit of a dick as I knew they were staying for credit scene, but who's laughing now suckers and my trousers are still dry.

Bazooka

I can only comment on 70% of the moving picture because I fell asleep(just tired my man) it got the pacing right of course because there are less characters, but for a bloody superhero film it was completely devoid of action, but what happened after I fell asleep I could not tell you.

greenman

Quote from: Bazooka on April 25, 2019, 03:53:52 PM
I can only comment on 70% of the moving picture because I fell asleep(just tired my man) it got the pacing right of course because there are less characters, but for a bloody superhero film it was completely devoid of action, but what happened after I fell asleep I could not tell you.

Action.

Gulftastic

Enjoyed it lots. Never saw that twist coming. Batman saving the day! Well done for keeping that quiet, Marvel.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 25, 2019, 04:40:59 PM
Enjoyed it lots. Never saw that twist coming. Batman saving the day! Well done for keeping that quiet, Marvel.

In the version I saw it was a rubbish CGI Stan Lee that saved the day. 

There must be different versions doing the rounds.

Gulftastic

Because of the film's  running time, I bursting for piss by it's end, so couldn't wait to see if there was an end of credits scene.

Was there one?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 25, 2019, 04:45:50 PM
Because of the film's  running time, I bursting for piss by it's end, so couldn't wait to see if there was an end of credits scene.

Was there one?

Yes - the full length footage of Trevor Slattery having his offensive dump in Iron Man 3 just before the footie kicks off.

gmoney

Jeremy Renner's hair in this man. He looks like a suburban dad who's gone ff the deep end and started doing coke and training MMA.

Glebe

Sold out almost everywhere, but I managed to book a ticket* for an 8:30 showing at the Odean, Point Village, here in the Dublin. Just having a bite in Eddie Rocket's now.

*Yes, I'm going on my own like the sad, lonely geek I am.

Quote from: Glebe on April 25, 2019, 08:15:54 PM
Sold out almost everywhere, but I managed to book a ticket* for an 8:30 showing at the Odean, Point Village, here in the Dublin. Just having a bite in Eddie Rocket's now.

*Yes, I'm going on my own like the sad, lonely geek I am.

I remember seeing Iron Man 2 on my own when I was low on friends. Enjoyed it. Though I lost interest in this series when they became "one big film" and haven't bothered with it in years.

phantom_power

I thought it was pretty brilliant, a culmination and celebration of everything that came before it. There were some plot hole issues but it is so audacious and ridiculously fun that I didn't really give a fuck

greenman

Quote from: gmoney on April 25, 2019, 06:31:48 PM
Jeremy Renner's hair in this man. He looks like a suburban dad who's gone ff the deep end and started doing coke and training MMA.

That's pretty much exactly whats happened to him though.