Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:15:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Avengers: Endgame

Started by Phil_A, December 07, 2018, 01:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenman

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on December 08, 2018, 10:57:14 PM
As aforementioned, that they cast an actress seven years older to play Ant-Man's daughter backs that up. But presumably there's a bit dealing with the immediate aftermath of Thanos' deed as there's no way the scene of Stark in space is years after the fact.

Also - Scott Lang turning up in the van that had the thingy the send someone into the quantum realm is surely a plot point? Maybe Stark gets home just in time to suss out how to use it.

To some degree Hollywood does like to jump from child actors to adult actors when it can so I wouldn't automatically take that to mean the same degree of time will have past but still it does seem to hint towards some degree of break.

You could argue I spose that all the stories intersecting at this point does actually put them in a unique position to do this.

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: brat-sampson on December 10, 2018, 10:36:35 AM
My random theory, they found that Rudd was in the quantum realm, then are surprised to see him because he came out before they started talking to him, because of time-holes or whatnot. When we see him outside, he's both at the same time, and has no idea.

Not a spoiler presumably because its in the trailer but if you check the timestamp on the footage of Lang showing up it says 1983.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on December 10, 2018, 11:59:56 AM
Not a spoiler presumably because its in the trailer but if you check the timestamp on the footage of Lang showing up it says 1983.

Came in to say the same thing. So Scott is turning up to the front gate when the facility was a Stark warehouse? Presumably getting into one of those time vortexes Michelle Pfeffitfefitfer warned him about. But then how will that work? Old Scott has stayed out of the way since the 80s? Or frozen himself back in 83 and is back in one of The warehouses? How will it work?

mothman

wooders1978

Whatever happens I'm preparing myself to be a 40 year old man, crying in a public cinema at a superhero movie next April

brat-sampson

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on December 10, 2018, 11:59:56 AM

Oh, hah. I did *not* catch that :p

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

So Antman Quantum Leaped into the past. Now the Sam Beckett reference works on two levels.

surreal

Quote from: brat-sampson on December 11, 2018, 03:43:50 PM
Oh, hah. I did *not* catch that :p

Take with a pinch of salt though - this is Marvel so I think we can assume the trailer will have been heavily modified.  Remember the "everyone including the Hulk running at the camera" shot from the IW trailer.  There's likely a few changes to throw off spoilers and speculation

mjwilson

Where are you seeing 1983?

Mango Chimes

Quote from: mjwilson on December 15, 2018, 09:37:16 AM
Where are you seeing 1983?

You need to be at 1080p, and in the top left it says ARCHIVE: 1983. I'd 100% have missed it, so I'm a bit sad it's been pointed out. Although presumably Marvel included it on purpose, so I dunno.

mothman

It says something like STRAT 1983: ARCHIVE. The T and the 1 aren't very clear. No idea what STRAT means unless it's meant to say STARK - but the R and the A are definitely in that order.

However, that does appear to to be the brown van with the quantum tunnel in it, which it makes no sense to be there if it is in 1983.

mjwilson

I was peering at that section of the screen but couldn't make out any text so I guess I need higher resolution.

mjwilson

Right I agree it looks like 1983. I don't think that's going to be the actual year though, like mothman says that makes no sense.

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: mothman on December 15, 2018, 03:50:06 PM
It says something like STRAT 1983: ARCHIVE. The T and the 1 aren't very clear. No idea what STRAT means unless it's meant to say STARK - but the R and the A are definitely in that order.

However, that does appear to to be the brown van with the quantum tunnel in it, which it makes no sense to be there if it is in 1983.

Yeah, im not so sure anymore. It could be IS03. The footage is also way too good (and digital?) For 83, unless STARK Industries had that kind of kit, very possibly. Definatley, the Russos will misdirect and outright lie and fair play to them.

The title is a bit much when they aren't even pretending its the last one.

The Culture Bunker

I'm pretty sure the footage of Cap/Widow looking at the video of Scott isn't from 1983. I'm assuming it's some time after the end of IW, as they obviously think he was turned to dust (hence Banner looking upset while looking at pics of him, Spider-Man).

Just a question of a) how long he was in the Quantum Realm, and b) who got him out?

I'm going five years, and his daughter.

garnish

Quote from: thecuriousorange on December 17, 2018, 09:45:34 PM
The title is a bit much when they aren't even pretending its the last one.

They're just playing games, end games.

mothman

Of course, "endgame" has a particular meaning to Americans, so they know what it's saying. Whereas they might as rename it Avengers Extra Time for the UK market. Or Injury Time. Or Stoppage Time. Or Fergie Time...

Lord Mandrake

Dr Strange is referring to chess when he says endgame, sacrificing the time stone as one would a queen or maybe a fucking rook.

Ferris

Audible groan from Mr America's line about the plan that is going to work.

Otherwise, cigs, to the whole thing.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: mothman on December 18, 2018, 03:28:37 PM
Of course, "endgame" has a particular meaning to Americans, so they know what it's saying. Whereas they might as rename it Avengers Extra Time for the UK market. Or Injury Time. Or Stoppage Time. Or Fergie Time...

Yeah but if they are doing another fuckload of films shouldn't they rename it "Half Time" for the western European audience?

Bad Ambassador

"How can they call it Endgame, when they're obviously going to make more? This is a scam!"

brat-sampson

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on December 18, 2018, 04:32:51 PM
"How can they call it Endgame, when they're obviously going to make more? This is a scam!"

Someone call Lionel Hutz

Ferris

Custard

It's the Endgame of fighting Thanos and his clicky fingers. Durrrr!

I hope Thanos gets a right roughing up by the good lads. Head stamped on, all that. I really reckon he deserves it, after all the trouble he has caused

garnish

No they said it's endgame because this is the end film, there won't be any more comic book films.

After this, Marvel are going to make feature length Jonathan Creek films, but renamed for an American audience as Johnny Crack.

olliebean

It's an anagram of "Aged men."

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: olliebean on December 19, 2018, 09:46:06 AM
It's an anagram of "Aged men."
The whole thing is an anagram of An Egg Severed Man, which I believe may give a clue where the plot is going.

Mango Chimes

If you look at the word, there are more clues: Endgame. Take the beginning. En. A phonetic reference to the letter 'n'. N, of course, the 14th letter of the alphabet. What was the 14th MCU film? Doctor Strange. Doctor Strange starts the Endgame. Next, 'd'. But a capital D. Pre-emoji, commonly used as a grinning smile in the emoticon :D. Doctor Strange is very happy. Why is he happy? Well, what's next? A simpler clue. GAM. Gamora. Doctor Strange saves Gamora. With Gamora alive, the soul stone sacrifice is obviously invalid, and Thanos never has the full set of infinity stones. Which leaves the final E. Or not an E, but Σ. Sigma. And I obviously don't need to explain the significance of that.

Please like and subscribe, let me know your thoughts in the comments, and I'll see you next time.

MuteBanana

Not a theory a genuine query.

What is their long term plan? Are they actually going to reboot the whole thing or go with a new cast? What is the feelings of the actors? What is up with their contracts?

Is it Black Panther, Dr Strange, Ant Man, Spiderman running the next 10 years or are they recasting Captain America, Iron Man, Thor?