Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:11:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Avengers: Endgame

Started by Phil_A, December 07, 2018, 01:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

mothman

Quote from: Head Gardener on May 17, 2019, 06:19:56 PM

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on May 09, 2019, 04:56:22 PM

Fuck's sake.

Never mind, HG. Thinking about it again though, isn't this about the most Incel thing ever, editing a film to make one of its great heroes die alone and uncomforted because you think his wife shouldn't be at the battle, but at home looking after the kids instead?

mjwilson

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 17, 2019, 05:30:50 AM
I can't stand him either, and have no idea why Disney think making a Hawkeye tv series is a good idea, it's like they're deliberately trying to make something that's even worse than Iron Fist.

It's going to be "Clint trains Kate Bishop" isn't it? So there should be one Hawkeye for us to root for.

Ferris

Foisted Ferris Jr onto the in-laws and (finally) went to see this with Mrs Ferris. I stopped leaning over and asking her stupid "why's he there?" type questions after the first 10 minutes, because I knew I wouldn't know enough to contextualize the answers anyway. It felt long, but there was enough going on that it didn't feel like 3 hours.

I liked it, lots of good explosions. Surprised Thanos was so good at fighting everyone, stones or no stones. Not entirely sure how the time travel worked but that's alright and I'm sure I missed 80% of the references. It's not aimed at me and that's fine.

7/10, went on a bit and some of the comedy fell flat. Good fight scenes, enjoyed the big battle and lots of fun crossover stuff. I knew enough to get the endings and that. Having yer man Thanos get dusted felt like a cop out though - I wanted him to be smushed to bits or fired into the sun or whatever.

Anyway. That's my review. Not ordered or edited/refined, stream of consciousness, fuck it post.

magval

Quote from: Head Gardener on May 17, 2019, 06:19:56 PM

"No Tony dying in Pepper's arms (she isn't there)" is really, really funny.

Blumf

Hey guys! Fancy watching Endgame all over again, just to get some extra post-credit scenes?

https://io9.gizmodo.com/avengers-endgame-is-returning-to-theaters-real-soon-a-1835649149
QuoteNot an extended cut, but there will be a version going into theaters with a bit of a marketing push with a few new things at the end of the movie. If you stay and watch the movie, after the credits, there'll be a deleted scene, a little tribute, and a few surprises. Which will be next weekend.

madhair60

At least the defeminized edit is short

mothman

I might be tempted. I only saw it once, and have been feeling like a second viewing might have been warranted. Of course, I didn't do anything about it, couldn't be arsed, so that night come into play again.

greenman

Quote from: Blumf on June 19, 2019, 11:39:27 PM
Hey guys! Fancy watching Endgame all over again, just to get some extra post-credit scenes?

https://io9.gizmodo.com/avengers-endgame-is-returning-to-theaters-real-soon-a-1835649149

Most obviously "I want a few million more to beat Avatar".

Dr Rock

It's currently only £40m from doing it. I want it to happen for Stan and Jack.

SteveDave

Kelvin

Quote from: greenman on June 20, 2019, 05:52:01 AM
Most obviously "I want a few million more to beat Avatar".

If the film is altered/added to, does it still count towards the original edit's box office figures?

greenman

Quote from: Kelvin on June 20, 2019, 12:38:09 PM
If the film is altered/added to, does it still count towards the original edit's box office figures?

Avatar's record actually includes money it made as a special edition in the summer of 2010 where as this seems like there just adding some extras after/during the credits.

Bad Ambassador

The listing at Box Office Mojo, which is the site generally used for box office data, puts a little symbol next to the year of first release for movies that grossed from multiple releases, and the numbers from those can be read on each film's page.

If one only counts Avatar's gross up to the release of the extended version nine months later, it made $2,745.2m, compared to Endgame's $2,744m - up to Tuesday in the US and Sunday elsewhere. So it's really already ahead.