Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:31:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

escape rooms : s4c or great-BOL ?

Started by hamfist, December 07, 2018, 04:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Did one earlier this year and did a thread here:

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=67378.0

In the end it was good fun. It was set in a genuine old laboratory (old vet school) for added creepiness and had a bit of a Bletchley Park feel to it. I wasn't much use- I discovered that my brain just doesn't seem to be wired for this kind of thing- so it was good that I was in a big team of people who were cleverer than me, it might not have been much fun otherwise.

colacentral

Quote from: flotemysost on December 08, 2018, 12:39:41 PM
I did one near King's Cross where various components kept getting stuck/not working, meaning the guy from behind the front desk had to keep running in to help us, adding an exciting Brechtian twist.

I did one where every puzzle was some variation on "enter the correct safe lock code" and "use the right key from this set of keys," and half the padlocks were too stiff to open smoothly so assuming that either the code or the key was wrong we'd try some others until eventually the guy at the desk would say over the tannoy "you were right the first time" or whatever. It gave me a bad impression and I felt like it was mostly luck. And I felt like a twat knowing this guy was watching me on CCTV for an hour while I struggled to open an unending series of padlocks. Not enjoyable.

bomb_dog

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on December 11, 2018, 07:35:44 AMBut it's fun to hang around watching folk on the CCTV, it affords you a bizarrely comprehensive insight into the public.  One fellow booked out the entire room to himself (about $500) and as soon as he went in started putting all the props down his pants whilst grinning at the camera.  The self-professed escape room enthusiasts are a truly weird bunch.

More please!