Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:55:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

Started by Penfold, December 07, 2018, 10:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Cunts bleating on about this winning an Oscar and how great that is. Into the Spider-hearse.

ToneLa

Don't care aboot the Oscars but watched this the other day and it was fucking great! Had it all.

Mister Six

Quote from: madhair60 on February 25, 2019, 03:52:39 PM
Cunts bleating on about this winning an Oscar and how great that is. Into the Spider-hearse.

It IS great, because it's the first Oscars in years in which the winner of the animated film award has actually been worthy of what is ostensibly the highest prize in filmmaking (even if, in reality, Oscars are basically worthless, except maybe the technical ones that don't get as much lobbying around them).

Kelvin

I watched a bunch of scenes from this today* and it looked fucking great. Amazing visuals, great dialogue. Really wish I'd seen it in the cinema now.

*I didn't know it had won an Oscar, but maybe that was why it was all over my youtube?

Custard

Why didn't you go see it, Kelvin? Thought you'd be all over it!

I think you can still catch it in a few places. My local Odeon still puts on occasional viewings, last time I looked

SteveDave

Re-watched this yesterday and when Gwen appears in Miles' universe there's a poster for the sequel for "Shaun Of The Dead" that was discussed at the end of the commentary for that film: "From Dusk To Shaun".

Lovely stuff.

brat-sampson

I'm sure there are some gripes to be had, but for me this may have been the most fun I've had watching superheroes since the original Incredibles.

Kelvin

Quote from: Shameless Custard on February 25, 2019, 08:36:34 PM
Why didn't you go see it, Kelvin? Thought you'd be all over it!

I was in the middle of moving, combined with the fact that a cartoon superhero film would be a tough sell to my main cinema friend.

I think the trailers made it look a bit goofy and insular too, with all the comic book charachters I didn't know. I seem to remember that put me off a bit, as well.

idunnosomename

Quote from: madhair60 on February 25, 2019, 03:52:39 PM
hahaha

Replies From View

Quote from: phantom_power on February 25, 2019, 03:56:49 PM
It is great that it won an oscar

Why's it so good?  It's just a green seaweed monster thing in a bin.