Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,484
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:19:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Getting nightmares

Started by Stoneage Dinosaurs, December 09, 2018, 02:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Got woken up at half 5 am this morning following an horrific vision of foot long carniverous slugs tormenting me and Ms Angrew by invading our home and savaging us with their giant fangs and leathery prehensile tongues. Lost about an hour of sleep trying to convince myself that a slugs are actually a harmless thing unless you're made of lettuce or allergic to slime or something.

Haven't had this shit happen since i was about 10 and this time I don't have a mother around I can mildly inconvenience with my pathetic mewlings in the small hours of the night.

Whas goin on?

pancreas

Maybe Chairman Bodog is your picture of Dorian Gray—if he cleans up, you get the DTs. Here's hoping for a relapse.

bgmnts

Wait are you not meant to have mental nightmares when you get older?

Large Noise

It's probably just all your regrets from a lifetime of bad decisions haunting your subconscious.

Spoon of Ploff

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Large Noise on December 09, 2018, 02:30:36 PM
It's probably just all your regrets from a lifetime of bad decisions haunting your subconscious.

It's not my fault that we've occasionally had normal non-horrifying slugs crawling into our house though.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on December 09, 2018, 02:29:14 PM
Wait are you not meant to have mental nightmares when you get older?

Yes you can. I've been getting them for 1 month now every night, don't know why - probably not controlling my blood sugar well.

Last night wasn't so bad, I became friends with Putin and he even held my hand as we "hit it off". Forgot to tell him my wife was Russian (hoping to endear myself to him even more) and then got lost in some Escher-like European tube station.

kittens

i have nightmares most nights and fairly often wake up shouting. i don't think it means anything.

Buelligan

The last nightmares I remember having were when my lovely mum died.  Fuck me, horrible.  Since then and the subsequent recalibration of my happiness, I sleep the sleep of the just and wake laughing to each golden day.

Cold Meat Platter

You are running from the giant carnivorous slug of your own sexuality.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: kittens on December 09, 2018, 04:00:08 PM
i have nightmares most nights and fairly often wake up shouting. i don't think it means anything.

Well how comes i've not had them for the vast majority of my adult life then, clever boy?

seepage

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on December 09, 2018, 02:19:46 PM
Got woken up at half 5 am this morning following an horrific vision of foot long carniverous slugs tormenting me and Ms Angrew by invading our home and savaging us with their giant fangs and leathery prehensile tongues. Lost about an hour of sleep trying to convince myself that a slugs are actually a harmless thing unless you're made of lettuce or allergic to slime or something.

Haven't had this shit happen since i was about 10 and this time I don't have a mother around I can mildly inconvenience with my pathetic mewlings in the small hours of the night.

Whas goin on?

Classic masturbation guilt dream.

seepage

lately I've been getting ones that start out as everyday but just slightly disconcerting, then change tack and turn into full-blown sci-fi space opera nightmares. Also, if I wake up and go back to sleep they resume where they left off, like TV-catchup or something.

flotemysost

I used to have a copy of this old Penguin book (found it in a charity shop): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dreams-Nightmares-Pelican-J-Hadfield/dp/0140202943 It was based mainly on Freudian theory, so yeah everything was muck basically.

Nightmares about spiders? You're fixated on arseholes. Vampires? You're certainly thinking about sucking something. Claustrophobia/buried alive nightmares? That's not the only tight space on your mind, etc. etc.

I just get the classic anxiety dream where all the friends/family/colleagues I've ever had never actually liked me and they all think I'm a massive twat. This is pretty much what I worry about while I'm awake too, so not much mystery there.

flotemysost

Last night I dreamed I was subbing for Tom Morello at some giant outdoor festival thing, and halfway through the set I forgot all the riffs and arrangements.

What's that all about then? I'm not even that arsed about Rage Against The Machine.

buttgammon

Several times, I've had dreams featuring the music of Factory Floor, including one in which an incredibly posh man reads out the last will and testament of Abbey Branning from Eastenders in a tone of utter contempt.

jobotic

Endless dreams in which I say "wait for me, just popping to the loo" and then spend hours rmtrying to find somewhere to shit. They usually involve hideous shit caked toilets atht I have to crawl through tiny spaces to get to.

That's normal, right?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on December 09, 2018, 05:46:36 PM
Endless dreams in which I say "wait for me, just popping to the loo" and then spend hours rmtrying to find somewhere to shit. They usually involve hideous shit caked toilets atht I have to crawl through tiny spaces to get to.

That's normal, right?

YES. Although in my dreams its about putting on socks.

Absorb the anus burn

That's normal, right?

You are Lisa Stansfield and I claim my £5.00 John Menzies voucher.

massive bereavement

I had one a few weeks back in which a huge David Attenborough grew out of the bedroom window frame to fill the room above me and then he grabbed me hard by the testicles, at which point I woke up struggling to breath.
I've always paid my TV licence fee, so it's nothing to do with that.

Quote from: massive bereavement on December 09, 2018, 07:35:43 PM
I had one a few weeks back in which a huge David Attenborough grew out of the bedroom window frame to fill the room above me and then he grabbed me hard by the testicles, at which point I woke up struggling to breath.
I've always paid my TV licence fee, so it's nothing to do with that.

Had you watched Nightmare on Elm Street Two or Jack the Giant Killer not long before?

Brundle-Fly

That's normal, right?

Have those all the time. Trying to find a toilet which isn't overflowing with raw sewage. The surroundings are usually in some dank Victorian municipal building. I never have any shoes on either.

It's your subconscious unsubtly telling you to get out of bed and have a piss. Your third one.

Captain Z

D'you know what I don't get? Nightmares. What's all that about?

MuteBanana

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on December 09, 2018, 02:19:46 PM

Whas goin on?

Thats a really strange nightmare. Did you ever have a fear of slugs?

Noonling

That's normal, right?

I get failing-to-shit dreams, which usually fall into at least one (usually two plus) of the following categories:

• No toilet roll
  • A row of toilets with no separated cubicles and its super busy
  • Toilet overflowing
  • Toilet just so overwhelmingly disgusting
  • Toilet is in a normal room (e.g. kitchen, lounge) where other people are mingling
  • There's a man-eating animal prowling round the toilet

I don't consider those nightmares though. I only consider something a nightmare if I'm afraid to go back to sleep, so despite dreaming about getting gruesomely murdered (or murdering) several times a week I'd say I only have a nightmare once a year.

MuteBanana

Quote from: Noonling on December 09, 2018, 08:21:59 PM
I get failing-to-shit dreams

Your dreams my reality.

Piss note. Morrisons was packed yesterday. 4 people came out the bogs as I was going in, one as at the urinal and two came in while I was trying to piss. Couldn't do it so walked out. Coincidentally it was pissing down with rain when I walked out.

gmoney

My have a reoccurring frustrating dream where I am in my old job in a Co-op, and I keep trying to close the shop and lock up, but every time I do it there are more people in the shop and I have to tell them to get out. No matter how many times I think every one is out, someone else appears.

Sorry, it's as boring to have them as it is to read about them.

hedgehog90

Next time you get a nightmare just tell God to fuck off, he'll take it back and give it to someone else.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

It is only when I wake that  the nightmare begins.