Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:11:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Christmas Spirit Can Fuck Off

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, December 11, 2018, 11:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

I like Christmas but I couldn't eat a whole one.

The Christmas Spirit was absolutely rampant during my visit to big Sainsburys last sunday.

One bloke flicked the Vs at me in the car park whilst i was waiting for someone to reverse out of a spot and the shop itself full of menopausal woman using their trolleys as battering rams.

Brundle-Fly

I like Christmas. The bit I enjoy the most is people declaring how much they hate Christmas as if it's somehow a maverick opinion.  Do you not like magicians, morris dancing, clowns and Robbie Williams too?

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on December 11, 2018, 02:00:39 PM
I like Christmas. The bit I enjoy the most is people declaring how much they hate Christmas as if it's somehow a maverick opinion.  Do you not like magicians, morris dancing, clowns and Robbie Williams too?

So do you enjoy people declaring that they don't like morris dancing, clowns and Robbie Williams?

BlodwynPig

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on December 11, 2018, 02:06:26 PM
So do you enjoy people declaring that they don't like morris dancing, clowns and Robbie Williams?

Yes. In the same way I love it when people answer 'Pulp' when they're asked who was better, Blur or Oasis?

Bazooka

I'm a cynical bastard, but actually looking forward to it this year having not been in the country for over a year, and will be nice to see my Nephews enjoy it.

Kryton

I don't mind it at all. Nice to catch up with the family. Get pissed, stuffed on food, a couple of presents. 'Nowt wrong with that.

When it's over and everyone's miserable I'm in my absolute element.

Kryton

Blue Jam

Is it normal to have hated Christmas as a child but love it as an adult?

I only started to enjoy Christmas once I stopped spending it with my family of origin, with their bickering and mind games and being stingy, spiteful or just plain thoughtless with gifts, and spending all week cooped up watching crap telly and getting cabin fever. I now enjoy blissfully drama-free Christmasses with Mr Jam's nice normal family. Plus Christmas is better when you're an adult because you can drink.

QDRPHNC

Christmas is great. Yesterday I left the office at 6 and it was dark like nighttime, all the lights inside buildings were on, it was snowing and there was a band across the street doing Christmas songs in their tubas and trumpets and that. Then I got a seat on the warm streetcar all the way home and looked at the lovely snow out the window. I have a few days at work coming up, I already know what I'm getting Q Jr for Christmas, need to buy a couple of small trinkets for his cousins, but that's it. There's a plant shop with an outdoor Christmas tree lot about a block from me. Maybe me and the boy might carry our tree home in the snow. Christmas is great and anyone who doesn't like it is an idiot.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm looking forward to it this year as I've finally got a semi-respectable job and will no longer be the black sheep of the family. Plus I'm only doing Christmas day itself with relations, I'm working the other days so have an excuse to avoid them. I'm also taking christmas day off diabetes wise and planning on stuffing myself with chocolate, so that'll be nice, at least if I survive it.

Cuellar

Quote from: QDRPHNC on December 11, 2018, 04:01:20 PM
Christmas is great. Yesterday I left the office at 6 and it was dark like nighttime, all the lights inside buildings were on, it was snowing and there was a band across the street doing Christmas songs in their tubas and trumpets and that. Then I got a seat on the warm streetcar all the way home and looked at the lovely snow out the window. I have a few days at work coming up, I already know what I'm getting Q Jr for Christmas, need to buy a couple of small trinkets for his cousins, but that's it. There's a plant shop with an outdoor Christmas tree lot about a block from me. Maybe me and the boy might carry our tree home in the snow. Christmas is great and anyone who doesn't like it is an idiot.

Sounds great it's perpetually about 13 degrees here, grey and wet. Damp. Dank. Endless.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: QDRPHNC on December 11, 2018, 04:01:20 PM

You disgust me.

Q is right, christmas is great you bell ends

Replies From View

I don't like the bit of Christmas where one person has to have a Christmas cracker that is pre-loaded with jizz, and it's always you.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Christmas is cool, we got a tree and some lights up and i've been buying my presents and re-listening to Clowne! The Musical, which has become something of a tradition for me.

The best way to enjoy it is to be a 'Selective Scrooge' of sorts by doing all the good Christmas things (turkey, drinks, gifts for people you like) ignoring the bad ones (Jesus stuff, mince pies, tinsel, doctor who Xmas special, fairytale of New York for the 50 billionth time) and combining the not good ones with the good for a nice balanced mediocrity (mince pies in blankets, Boxing Day shit Yule log, Fairytale of New XBox)

shiftwork2

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 11, 2018, 03:43:45 PM
Is it normal to have hated Christmas as a child but love it as an adult?

I've been through a couple of iterations of Christmas opinion.  Loved it more than the family cat up until 15 or so.  Then it became a load of old hairy bollocks.  It was living overseas in my 30s that rebooted me completely, Christmas was about coming home for a few weeks.  It was an endless round of old friends and everything the way it should be.  It's stayed with me.

St_Eddie

Quote from: bgmnts on December 11, 2018, 11:47:08 AM
To be fair i'm probably the nicest user here.

That's not saying much, to be honest.

colacentral

The issue with Christmas is having to watch the same films and TV and listen to the same music every year, whether you want to or not. I've seen most actual good films less times than I've seen Home Alone.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: St_Eddie on December 12, 2018, 12:09:39 AM
That's not saying much, to be honest.

Aww but you're a great bunch of lads too St Eddie, there's a lot of good uns on this forum SMBH, Attila, Replies, Duke, noncapisco, Angrew, shiftwork, brundlefly, buelligan, Neil and everyone else (except Jonathan King)

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Nowhere Man on December 12, 2018, 01:44:29 AM
Aww but you're a great bunch of lads too St Eddie, there's a lot of good uns on this forum SMBH, Attila, Replies, Duke, noncapisco, Angrew, shiftwork, brundlefly, buelligan, Neil and everyone else (except Jonathan King)

He said "and everyone else"! That's me!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on December 12, 2018, 02:25:19 AM
He said "and everyone else"! That's me!

How do you think Jonathan King's going to feel, if he reads that ? Show some sensitivity, man.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: colacentral on December 12, 2018, 01:32:19 AM
The issue with Christmas is having to watch the same films and TV and listen to the same music every year, whether you want to or not. I've seen most actual good films less times than I've seen Home Alone.

Home Alone II is dope though. Watch that.

St_Eddie

...there's a lot of good uns on this forum SMBH, Attila, Replies, Duke, noncapisco, Angrew, shiftwork, brundlefly, buelligan, Neil...

Some great posters, there.  I would hasten to add popcorn, Twed, Avril Lavigne, madhair60 and yourself to the list but I have a phobia of inflating egos.  I just can't bear to thinking about how they may go BANG at any given moment.

...No, wait.  It's inflating balloons which I have a phobia of.  That being the case, I'll add popcorn, Twed, Avril Lavigne, madhair60 and yourself to the list.

thenoise

Ooo I love Christmas, I love opening my advent calendar chockies. I am really looking forward to giving my wife her lovely presents I know she will LOVE them and I will LOVE mine. We put up the Chris Kringle tree last weekend and covered it in lights som of which work and lovely decorations bought at great expense from craft fayres and other overpriced places. I am making Christmas dinner like usual it will be great as I am very good at it.

Brundle-Fly

Awww, that's nice. I feel guilty now for being a right sarky pants in this thread. If Lisa et all hates Xmas than fair enough, it's not for everyone. Islamic State, for example.