Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:02:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is 20 years old

Started by Blinder Data, December 11, 2018, 04:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaky

Timothy

Quote from: madhair60 on December 13, 2018, 08:10:18 PM
boring shit, 3D Zelda was toss until BOTW

Other way around. Zelda was great until BOTW.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I've not played if for the better part of twenty years, but I don't remember the controls ever being a problem. The contextual action button and automatic jumping both struck me as very elegant at the time. The jumping in particular seems like a masterstroke. No more perfectly timed button presses and vague attempts to gauge 3D space on a 2D screen - you can either make a jump or you can't.

madhair60

Quote from: Timothy on December 15, 2018, 12:53:13 PM
Other way around. Zelda was great until BOTW.

This is like a toilet speaking. A toilet with its seat going up and down to simulate a mouth, with a sort of gurgly, pooey voice.

Ocarina of Time is a crock and menial time. Waaayy. Ocarina of Grave more like.

Z

I got this with the Wind Waker, it was kind of like the Wind Waker except much uglier and without the nice relaxing sailing bits iirc?

Kelvin

Quote from: madhair60 on December 17, 2018, 12:52:46 PM
Ocarina of Time is a crock and menial time. Waaayy. Ocarina of Grave more like.

I bet your favourite game is Cool Spot.

madhair60

thraxx

Blinder Data

So many wrong opinions in here. I'm afraid it remains the best game ever.

It's like the best game ever for people who stopped playing games fifteen years ago

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

gmoney

Slaps (1645). Is there a higher stakes game in existence?

No.

One of the best games ever for atmosphere and music. Structurally one of the best games ever.

Jerzy Bondov

Forest Temple too scary. That hand that comes down and gets you. No thanks.

MiddleRabbit

I sneaked off out of work to drive to Toys 'R' Us to buy it on the day of its release but it had sold out.  Got one the next day and thought it was good.  Finished it and enjoyed myself.  It was like Mario 3D but more melancholy which appealed to me.

St_Eddie

I have never played The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.  Never owned a N64, you see.  I had a Playstation, so Final Fantasy VII was my seminal RPG.  I tried to play it via an emulator a few years back, applied an unofficial hi-res texture pack to the rom and everything.  Booted it up and played for a few minutes but then it crashed.  Guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Quote from: The Boston Crab on December 19, 2018, 02:40:12 PM
The Legend of OK

The Legend of the Gobbos.

Phil_A

It's a still a pretty, pretty good game, although I think I enjoy it more for the world and atmosphere. Some gameplay mechanics have aged poorly

Just been replaying it on the 3DS. Is it me or have they made the Phantom Ganon fight really easy in this version? I was dreading it beforehand as on the N64 I remember it seemingly going on for ages and only just scraping through after many attempts. This time I somehow did it in one go, even though I'd completely forgotten how to knock back the fireballs.

Winning the horse race is still as much of a pain in the arse as I remembered though(although not as bad as the Goron Race from Majora's Mask, which is still absolute torture).

St_Eddie

madhair60

"Ocarina of Time is the best game ever" is the most NPC opinion imaginable.

Blinder Data