Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:41:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2018 Christmas Bleakness News Roundup Thread

Started by Blue Jam, December 12, 2018, 01:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 21, 2018, 10:48:35 PM
Not a busy night. Pubs shutting early. Wasted person-hours reporting on this. It's Durham, not Middlesbrough ffs

Yep. That whole article can be summed up with "In 2018, no-one died".

Wrexham is where it's at.

imitationleather

Pleased it ended up such a washout. Saw that page this afternoon and was a bit like, "Dunno if the Chronicle should be helping southerners sneer at the North, like. All this will be on Mail Online tomorrow."

Blue Jam

I'm just shocked to see so many Christmas jumpers. I didn't know anyone in the North East even owned a jumper. They must all have been roasting.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 22, 2018, 12:40:17 PM
I'm just shocked to see so many Christmas jumpers. I didn't know anyone in the North East even owned a jumper. They must all have been roasting.

Southern students and foreigners judging by accents. And a few metrosexual noveau-lads

Twed

Nobody has quoted the best bit of that elf spitting story:

QuoteShe also verbally abused other elves, said Karen Eve

KAREN EVE. That is exactly the name that somebody who is an official representative of Christmas should have. The "Karen" brings it right down to Earth, reminding you that Lapland has office workers.

Blue Jam

Late entry:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-46825079

QuoteA venue that put on a "spectacularly bad" pantomime has offered a refund to all customers who paid to see it.

Jack and the Beanstalk at Chippenham's Neeld Community and Arts Centre was billed as boasting a "sparkling set and glittering costumes".

But one disgruntled punter said: "there were only three people, no scenery, they couldn't sing or dance."

The show ran from 27-29 December, and was sold out, with standard tickets priced at £7.00.

Posting on the 158-seat venue's Facebook page, ticket-buyer Natalie Uff described the panto as "awful".

"At one point they were talking to voices in the wings as they ran out of people,"
she said.

I think I paid £30 to see Noises Off, £7 for this sounds like a bargain.