Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:33:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Look after yourselves.

Started by Kryton, December 12, 2018, 11:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

The nights are getting darker and the weather is getting colder and shittier. It can sometimes be a difficult time for people who feel lonely, or miss relatives and friends who have passed away. There's been a lot of tragedy lately, the country is going to shit under the Tories and the Brexit shit is driving people into division. Lot of homeless people, lot of people struggling. Not a good time for the old mental health either.

But in times like this it's important you all try and see the positives. Don't rely too much on drink and drugs (moderation eh?) and make an effort to see friends and speak to your loved ones. Don't let the fuckers in power grind you down. Don't dwell on negative thoughts (they pass, they always pass, even if you at the time think they won't. They will). It'll soon be Spring and you'll 'reet.

Do something every day you enjoy. Even if that's just listening to your favourite music or sharing silly jokes or watching something interesting or learning to play the flute or 'summat. And try and do something nice for someone else.

Soz if I sound like 'one of those guys'. But not a proper soz.

Look after yourselves! X

(Random funny image to comply with the 'comedy' aspect of the forum. Although we're laughing with the goose, not at it etc..)

garnish

Thank you.  I think it's especially worth repeating to try to do something nice for someone else, this is good advice.  Self care is important but treating other people well is a part of this, and that often gets overlooked when we're struggling with our various bits and pieces.

Golden E. Pump

Don't just look after. Look before.

non capisco

I applaud your sentiments Kryton but I'm afraid I'm definitely laughing AT that goose.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Pining for the days when huffing 12kgs of Radion was kosher.

oooft

Quote from: Kryton on December 12, 2018, 11:39:33 PM

But in times like this it's important you all try and see the positives. Don't rely too much on drink and drugs (moderation eh?) and make an effort to see friends and speak to your loved ones. Don't let the fuckers in power grind you down. Don't dwell on negative thoughts (they pass, they always pass, even if you at the time think they won't. They will). It'll soon be Spring and you'll 'reet.

For anybody that gets pissed off at this time of year, listening to Marleys songs like Rebel Music and 'ting should be mandatory.

Cloud

Lovely post.  You too  Kryters.

St_Eddie

Lovely sentiments to warm the cockles of my ailing heart and a goose with the utmost of decorum.  What more could anyone possibly ask for in life?  Nothing, that's what.  Pure perfection.

Absorb the anus burn

[TAG] Nick Ross in tears at the end of Crimewatch. [TAG]

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Kryton on December 12, 2018, 11:39:33 PM
The nights are getting darker

Only for another week, when the days start getting longer again. Moderately fun fact: today was the year's earliest sunset.  I'm not brainy enough to explain why the year's earliest sunset occurs 8 days before the solstice so I'll leave you with a joke.

Knock
there?
Lou
who?
sing signal

hedgehog90

I approve of this message, and the funny goose dressed like the queen.
(90% of this approval is dependent on the goose queen)

hedgehog90

She's a goosey, Queen
Gunpowder, gelatin
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to honk like fuck

Kryton

Quote from: hedgehog90 on December 13, 2018, 02:11:46 AM
She's a goosey, Queen
Gunpowder, gelatin
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to honk like fuck

She is indeed a goosey Queen
A Queen like no other
Minding her own business , not causing any real bother

Bronzy

Bronzy

Ferris

Took the thread's advice, had a bacon sandwich for tea and off to bed early.

Bennett Brauer

Glebe

Fair play, Kryton - and that goose is the icing on the cake!

canadagoose

You too, Kryton. All the rubbish in the news is definitely enough to get anyone down. Let's do some good stuff.

Twed

This thread's theme tune is Prince Buster - Enjoy Yourself.

bgmnts

Trying to ingest this thread just waking up at 6am whilst on yhe shitter, preparing for another boring day at a job I despise.

It helped a little bit.

biggytitbo

The lovely goose looks like the reincarnation of Sir Barbara Cartland.

My motto is look after your bowels and your bowels will look after you.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

You're a good lad, Kryton. This is what's to be expected of someone from the North-West.

Thank you for your kindly words to us all.

Norton Canes

I'm not learning to play the flute. Sorry but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

Small Man Big Horse

That's a lovely post Kryton, especially given how bleak General Bullshit has been of late, and I hope all is okay with your good self too.

Get off the internet and stay away from the news. It's making you think everything's turning to shit when it isn't really.

Love this forum but fuck me it's not much fun at the moment. If you're not in a good place, then I doubt hanging around in here a lot is going to help much.

Bazooka

That goose is wearing a dress hahaa.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Bazooka on December 13, 2018, 09:40:14 AM
That goose is wearing a dress hahaa.

Napoleon XIV considers rewrite.