Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,206
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:26:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Look after yourselves.

Started by Kryton, December 12, 2018, 11:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Cuellar

YOU GO CAREFUL THERE NOW MY LOVE

Brundle-Fly

Inspiring post, Kryton. Heeded.

DeadBishop

Why was Santa sad?

He wasn't looking after hims elf.

Makes you think.

bgmnts

He's probably sad because he only get to empty his sack once a year.

DeadBishop

Fucking hell, a Santa's sack joke. I mean Jesus to the Lord Our Christ's Mum. I mean fuck off. Do not ever pull that shit on me again.

manticore

Even very small selfless or generous acts do make a real difference to my feelings about the world. Like workers in my local co-op will go completely out of their way to help when I ask for assistance in something, with no sign that they're doing it under any kind of compulsion, and I know from experience that working in a supermarket is not a fun job. The kindness in people has not been erased.

Very happy to read your post, Kryton.

A nice post to warm the heart on a chilly day.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Cheers for that Kryton. Have a lovely big kiss on the cock from me.

flotemysost

Thanks so much for this post. This season can be an absolute arse for magnifying feelings of loneliness, inadequacy and depression - all that 'looking back on the year' stuff, being encouraged to fondly reminisce and share your memories and achievements, seems like an added insult to people who are having a shitty time of it. Social media is poison for this.

If you think about it, just because we happen to use the Roman calendar, that doesn't mean it's right - so if it feels like you've achieved nothing this year, don't worry. If only we used the Mayan 'Long Count' calendar (approximately 2,880,000 days long) you could be having an absolute blinder of a year, you just don't know it yet.

But yes, take care of yourselves, everyone.

Kryton

Glad it's cheered some of you up. I got a private message asking if I was alright, I'm good, just trying to be positive :)

bgmnts

Quote from: Kryton on December 13, 2018, 10:43:58 PM
Glad it's cheered some of you up. I got a private message asking if I was alright, I'm good, just trying to be positive :)

You're lyyyinnnngg

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

She's lying. Why does she preteeeeend

Twit 2

Good thread. I will now write some positive things to offset the horror and incredulity I increasingly feel at this silly world.

I've been recently engaged in an absolutely farcical bureaucratic nightmare with an insurance company but one company within this process has been absolutely lovely. I made a point of telling my wife how great all the people were I'd spoken to. When she had to speak to them the next day she must have passed on my appreciation because when I then spoke to them they fed back to me that they were really glad to hear what I'd said and how much it meant to them. A nice little circle jerk that made everyone involved briefly happy.

I have 4 colleagues at work who are such decent people it almost pains me. They are doing a really tough and thankless job and just get on with it so stoically and humbly that it inspires me to be a better person.

My daughter sang the lead part in the Nativity and was objectively the best thing in a generally lovely performance. I am not biased; strangers went up to her and us and gushed about how awesome she was. How did a grub like me produce such a little belter?

I dunno, a bee.

St_Eddie

Quote from: flotemysost on December 13, 2018, 09:59:00 PM
This season can be an absolute arse...

♫ 'Tis the season to be arsed.  La de de de daaaa, de da de daaaaaaa. ♫

Quote from: bgmnts on December 13, 2018, 10:46:03 PM
You're lyyyinnnngg

So sad that I get this reference.

Quote from: Twit 2 on December 13, 2018, 11:54:20 PM
Good thread. I will now write some positive things to offset the horror and incredulity I increasingly feel at this silly world...

Quote from: Twit 2 on December 13, 2018, 11:54:20 PM...I've been recently engaged in an absolutely farcical bureaucratic nightmare with an insurance company...

Good job!

Nola Carveth

This thread made an old lady larf. muchos gracias <3

hedgehog90

Oh no, she started larfing but she couldn't stop.

SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE

katzenjammer

Christ! Two pages in and nobody's told Kryton to go fuck himself with a rusty spanner.  What's happened to this place?

Noonling

Quote from: katzenjammer on December 14, 2018, 06:04:22 PM
Christ! Two pages in and nobody's told Kryton to go fuck himself with a rusty spanner.  What's happened to this place?

My thoughts exactly! I tried several times to post in this thread something along those lines, but I just couldn't press post.

Anyway, now I just want to add to this thread: GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP, if you can. If you suffer from insomnia (or have a new human) then I can't help there, but if you are having a temporary sleeping blip you need to set yourself on the right course pronto. A good night's sleep can make the world of difference in your emotions and outlook. Along with all the other stuff.

MuteBanana

I'm just going to spend as much time as I can either drunk, asleep or numb with a hangover. Did my something nice for someone yesterday and sent someone a card. We don't talk anymore but I couldn't not send them one. Hopefully theY enjoy it rather than screw it up and throw it in the bin.

Living with a happy young family who I have to listen to laughing and enjoying life really does drag me down. I don't need that kind of reminder of how alone I am shoved in my face 24/7. 

Cuellar

Quote from: katzenjammer on December 14, 2018, 06:04:22 PM

Plenty of aggro in the Best Things That Happened in 2018 thread if you want it. Poor SMBH just trying to be positive and now it's all "fuck off" 's and so on

Kryton

Quote from: Cuellar on December 15, 2018, 04:59:56 PM
Plenty of aggro in the Best Things That Happened in 2018 thread if you want it. Poor SMBH just trying to be positive and now it's all "fuck off" 's and so on

Yeah - Trying to keep it light and nice for a change.