Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:51:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just started watching Luther on Netflix

Started by garnish, December 12, 2018, 11:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Top John Gordon Sinclair In Drag- alike  Alice Morgan gives rise to the very first " Wait a minute, what the fornicating fuck? " moment in " Luther", when she's being all interrogated and that, and yer man yawns, and she doesn't,  so Luthie Boy concludes she done murdered her folks and her dog, cos she " lacks empathy ". Erm, what ?

jobotic

Quote from: garnish on December 14, 2018, 12:22:43 AM
I'm still watching the show despite my damning opening post.  I was expecting some gritty, realistic The Wire style show but now I see it's just a villain of the week thing, and I think it's decent enough.

Also Luther hasn't said 'this doesn't feel right' for a few episodes now.

Well that doesn't feel right.

MuteBanana

Seeing as I can barely remember the show I probably felt the same way as everyone else. Think Smiley's character would've been a much better partner for Luther with the Scouser playing a bumbling desk duty officer. No idea if it was based on a book or whatever and they're just following that but, yeah. Picked the wrong partner.

garnish

He's gone back to saying this doesn't feel right

MuteBanana

Just seen a story on how they wanted to make a US version. Which seems ridiculous to me.

Quote'There's a couple of reasons [why it didn't happen]. One, if I'm really honest, was that they couldn't find a John Luther.

'And two, it was really hard to find a city that felt as big as London, but also as intimate.'         

The star also added that there was never any discussion of him taking on the title role in the US version.

He said: 'Nah – there were ideas of John going to America for some of the episodes in our show, but no version of me being an American John Luther.'

Some of the episodes of our show. So they never thought about the idea of Luther moving to America then. Which seems like the highly unlikely but obvious choice. You want an American version of Luther? Give them Elba set in Washington or fucking Dallas.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Elba is well-known in America, so I don't understand why they wouldn't want him to star in a US version. Luther suddenly deciding to emigrate to America is no more unlikely than anything else that's ever happened in this silly programme. To be honest, they could set an entire series on the fucking moon and I'd probably go along with it if it was entertaining enough.

kalowski