Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:26:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A Big Taskmaster Thread

Started by Ja'moke, December 13, 2018, 01:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 01, 2019, 10:51:53 PM
Where do you watch this? (As in 'on which channel' rather than 'in which room'...)

Quote from: arpster on February 01, 2019, 09:21:35 PM
Enjoying the fuck out of the Season 2 repeats on Dave...

arpster

Another good episode last night...although the 'impress the mayor' task was fairly cringe inducing....only the ever reliable Dick Osman came out with any credit with his juggling poetry..but Jon Richardson was right to leave the stage for his segment which was toe-curlingly fuckin awful...Joe try-hard Wilkinson usually does my swede in but I quite like him in this format.. and finding Katherine Ryan good value as she doesn't seem afraid of making a tit out of herself.........as Ive previously only seen series 6 and 7 though I'm struck by how genial Greg is?....a positive cheerful fucker compared to the narky twat he morphs into...the jokey interactions with Alex in particular don't hint at the four-eyed dominatrix to come....not as good as series 7 thus far but already pisses all over series 6 and the boring cunts that took part in it...

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 01, 2019, 11:07:46 PM
I don't have Dave :(

I'm not sure if all the links are still working but https://www.reddit.com/r/taskmaster/ used to be a good place to find the episodes.

vainsharpdad

How can you not have Dave? It's free on Freeview or Satellite

holyzombiejesus

Last night, I realised that I do have it, through one of the player apps on my tv. Started series 5 and am quite enjoying it; smiled plenty but don't think I've really laughed yet. Bob making a coconut talk like a business man is a highlight so far. Nish Kumar loudly laughing at footage of his own tasks is a bit annoying

metaltax

I binged Series 5 this week and Nish Kumar really doesn't miss any opportunity to touch Sally Phillips.

DrGreggles

Quote from: metaltax on February 03, 2019, 10:58:25 AM
I binged Series 5 this week and Nish Kumar really doesn't miss any opportunity to touch Sally Phillips.

Perfectly normal behaviour if you ask me.

Ja'moke

They should be announcing the line-up for Series 8 fairly soon, right?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Ja'moke on February 03, 2019, 05:04:12 PM

S7 line-up was announced shortly after S6 finished, but I think they were recorded quite close together.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Ja'moke on February 03, 2019, 05:04:12 PM
I think the early-year series usually comes on around April/May, so yes they should hopefully be announcing soon.

bigfatheart

A couple of weeks back Alex Horne tweeted that he couldn't confirm when the next series would be airing or the cast revealed, but that it wouldn't be long.

hedgehog90

It seems a lot of people have gotten into this recently, as as I also binge watched this in January.
Here's my series preference in descending order:
1 5 7 6 4 2 3
Favourite contestant, Tim Key. He was the most inventive/enjoyable taskplayer to watch by far.
Least favourite, Paul Chowdry. His init schtick got old so quick and his lack of effort was annoying.
Most surprisingly enjoyable, Liza Tarbuck. Her whole attitude was great. Killing the little toy, the cake. Great fun to watch.

DrGreggles

Series preference: 7, 5, 2, 1, 3, 4, 6
Favourite contestants: Mortimer, Key, Acaster
Least favourite: That Lolly woman (Was going to try to add some others, but she was so much worse than everyone else)
Most surprisingly enjoyable: Tarbuck, Beckett, Dennis

jobotic

That Lolly woman was terrible, and Nish Kumar did my fucking head in but by far the worst was Russell Howard. Not only was he just as unfunny as those two but he came across as really preening and self-regarding.

rasta-spouse

Russell Howard...I always think he's playing a wide boy character that's a bit of bellend for comic effect.

The Lurker

Might end up binge watching Taskmaster soon but for now...

Series preference: 7, 5, 2, 1, 6, 3, 4
Favourite contestant: Bob Mortimer
Least favourite: Lolly Adefope
Most surprisingly enjoyable: Liza Tarbuck

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Cheers me up no end whenever I put it on :) I also agree that it makes tolerable presences of otherwise shit comedians (not that there aren't plenty of genuinely funny ones on too).

Series preference: 5, 1, 7, 2, 4, 3, 6
Favourite contestant: Tim Key, particularly for his approach to the GPS drawing task, the alphabetical meal and Brad & Jeff.
Least favourite: Nish Kumar. At least all the other shit contestants just sort of blended mediocrely into the background, he was just a big grating wall of obnoxiousness.
Most surprisingly enjoyable: Richard Osman. Sort of.

Small Man Big Horse

Series preference: 7, 1, 5, 3, 2, 4, 6,
Favourite contestant: Bob Mortimer and Sally Phillips in joint first place, then Tim Key.
Least favourite: Lolly Adefope, Kerri Godlimann quite close in second.
Most surprisingly enjoyable: Rhod Gilbert for me, I was dreading his appearances but then he turned out to be fantastic. Tarbuck's in second place and could have taken first but every so often she couldn't be arsed with a task and that disappointed.

JamesTC

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 11, 2019, 07:28:59 PMFavourite contestant: Bob Mortimer and Sally Phillips in joint first place, then Tim Key.
Second this. I'd love a Bob Mortimer and Sally Phillips collaboration in the future. They had such wonderful comedic chemistry when working together on tasks.

Series preference: 5, 1, 3, 2, 4, 7, 6
That being said, it is a close run thing between everything bar 5 and 1. It is one of the most consistently funny shows on TV.

Least favourite: Lolly Adefope

Most surprisingly enjoyable: Romesh Ranganathan and Rob Beckett.
I'd seen them in other things and wasn't a fan. The Taskmaster format has a real way of bringing the best out of comedians (well most of them... Russell Howard didn't seem to be arsed for most of it).

Favourite task/moment: Tim Vine's hook.

selectivememory

I watched all these fairly recently as well. I skipped 4 and 6 because of the line-ups, but I did get around to watching them in the end. 6 was the only sub-par series I thought, although Tim Vine was quite good.

Series preference: 7, 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6  - I can't really remember which of the first three series I liked best, but they were all good. 
Favourite contestants: Bob was great, obviously, and James Acaster, Sally Phillips, Tim Key, Rhod Gilbert and Jessica Knappett were too.
Least favourite: Russell Howard. There were a lot of boring ones who didn't bother me that much: Josh Widdicombe, Lolly Adefope, most of the people in series 6. But Russell Howard was actively annoying and I just don't get on with his style of humour at all.
Most surprisingly enjoyable: I didn't know what to expect from Hugh Dennis, but I thought he came across as quite an odd man, but in a very endearing way. And as much as I hate to admit it, I thought Noel Fielding was pretty good overall. Kept the annoying whimsy to a minimum, and had a more interesting approach to the tasks than most, and was a deserving winner of his series. I thought I was going to hate him as much as Howard. Didn't mind Nish Kumar either.

jobotic

Has anyone watched that rather pointless my favourite sketch thing on Dave? Sally Philips is the host and when Bob was on you could see they really got on.

imitationleather

Quote from: rasta-spouse on February 11, 2019, 02:31:46 PM
Russell Howard...I always think he's playing a wide boy character that's a bit of bellend for comic effect.

For something to be for comic effect doesn't it have to be funny?

I couldn't watch the series that Lolly woman was on. (Was that the same one Russell Howard was in? My God, what were they thinking?!) My brain just rejected her. It wasn't having it. I don't need stuff like that in my life when there's a whole world of light entertainment out there. She's what I imagine everyone on Radio 1 is probably like these days. Eh well, at least she's probably not diddling kids like the R1 DJs in my day were. That's something, I guess.

Honestly didn't think Nish Kumar was bad at all. It probably did help that he was part of a stellar line-up.

Wish Tim Key had been on one of the newer ten episode series. His run was far too brief. I'm guessing there's not much chance of them repeating contestants, though.

hedgehog90

I know Lolly was pretty rubbish at doing tasks, but I'm surprised she's most people's least liked contestant. I thought she was OK.
I also found Russell Howard doing his wide-boy persona tolerable.
For me, the Beckett, Pascoe, Chowdhry combo in S3 was the toughest watch. Surprised that series isn't most people's least fave.

holyzombiejesus

I'm really enjoying the first series now after finding the 5th a little underwhelming (despite my love for Bob). I think the interactions between the contestants and Greg are a lot funnier when 'angrier' and obviously Tim Key is so great at the tasks. Frank Skinner's surprisingly quiet in it though.

EbbyVale

BTW, for people without access to UK Play, these are all or almost all available on Dailymotion as well.

hedgehog90

The Lurker

vainsharpdad

Contestants announced tomorrow