Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:35:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ideal collaboration?

Started by solidified gruel merchant, December 13, 2018, 06:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you could see any of your comedy hero's working together on a project who would you choose?
I'd go with her man Morris and Bob Mortimer. I don't know if it would work but I'd like to see it.

Small Man Big Horse

I've always been annoyed that Tony Law and Stewart Lee's sitcom about Thor was never picked up by the BBC, I asked Tony recently if they'd consider publishing the scripts in book form but Lee refuses to entertain the idea unfortunately. I hope they work again together in the future though as I think something by them could be really interesting.

MuteBanana

I had this idea for a sitcom about a group of former great comedians ending up in a house share together. Real life out of favour comics playing themselves. Like a scripted comic Big Brother.

St_Eddie

Quote from: MuteBanana on December 13, 2018, 09:43:47 PM
I had this idea for a sitcom about a group of former great comedians ending up in a house share together. Real life out of favour comics playing themselves. Like a scripted comic Big Brother.

Can we cast Toyah Willcox in the role of the landlady?  £260 says that we can.

rasta-spouse

I'd like to see Nathan Fielder working with Eric Andre and Victor Lewis Smith. And possibly Adam Buxton supplying additional material, but not collaborating on the main thing (see Time Trumpet). Cool right?

Cuellar

I don't know why everyone here is so down on Time Trumpet!

Sin Agog

It would have been amazing if Peter Cook and Chris Morris got their collab on, but sadly Cookie's dead so that'll never happen.

Cuellar

Quote from: Sin Agog on December 14, 2018, 09:59:29 AM
It would have been amazing if Peter Cook and Chris Morris got their collab on, but sadly Cookie's dead so that'll never happen.

Why Bother!!!

Sin Agog

;)

By the way, that was an insanely fast response.

Cuellar

Oh that was the joke *Duh*

20 seconds! Not bad

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Cuellar on December 14, 2018, 09:54:55 AM
I don't know why everyone here is so down on Time Trumpet!

Time Trumpet was great. Don't listen to these sad fools!

rasta-spouse

The reason I don't like Time Trumpet is that I used to own a literal Time Trumpet but it was taken from me. So when the tv show aired I felt like I was being taunted. The state of this thread now, eh?

the science eel

Quote from: MuteBanana on December 13, 2018, 09:43:47 PM

I'd love see these out-of-work comics in a REAL Big Brother. But that's for another thread...

MuteBanana

Quote from: the science eel on December 14, 2018, 10:39:53 AM
I'd love see these out-of-work comics in a REAL Big Brother. But that's for another thread...

Speaking of real that was another crazy idea I had. That the show was be tied in with a real life variety act performed by the cast.

Nowhere Man

The ultimate 50s radio collab - Tony Hancock and Jack Benny

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: the science eel on December 14, 2018, 10:39:53 AM

Someone mentioned this recently but they sort of did this back in 2004 with Kings of Comedy - https://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/oct/08/broadcasting.realitytv

the science eel

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: the science eel on December 14, 2018, 01:36:34 PM
I'd love to see this.

It's not on any of the torrent sites I use unfortunately but I'm not a member of the well known British one, and if it's anywhere it'll be there, so maybe someone will be able to help you out, I watched it at the time and remember it being quite fun though once Scott Capurro was evicted it wasn't as good.

St_Eddie