Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:43:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Small Pleasures

Started by Sin Agog, December 14, 2018, 08:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin Agog

Keeping with the bid to lift the ailing spirits of yer miserable, talented gets, what humble little things bring you pleasure?

Sin Agog

Seeing parents having races with their tiny children (assuming they're not chasing after them to stop them sprinting off a nearby cliff).

Old movie logos like MGM, Universal and whatnot rolling out at the beginning of a movie.

I live about a minute away from Roedean, and it's always nice glimpsing its spires, clocktowers and wings every morning.

The pleasing future shock I still get whenever I use Contactless payment.

Buelligan

Feeding the fucking kittens.  Lighting the fire in the cold morning.  Mist on the mountain.  Breakfast in bed.  Having a sexy ceiling.  Warm water.  Walking out of the gate at work and knowing I can go away and do what I want.  The kaki (persimmon) trees' balls of orange fruit, hanging on bare branches, against the winter evening sky - very ukiyo.  Some mushrooms growing through the wet leaves.  Smiling dog dancing.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Plucking out nasal hairs, especially those really long ones.

Noticing really good lookalikes , like the physical resemblance between her who plays Alice Morgan on "Luther" and John Gordon Sinclair in drag.

Staring into the middle distance with mouth open, until saliva pours forth.

Making my own official -looking restraining order from Liza Minelli, and pretending that it really *is* from her, to the point of hiring a professional hypnotist who puts me into a trance like state, so that I actually *do* believe its from her, but after a while ,I come out of the trance, and realise that it's *not* an official restraining order from Liza Minelli, then I weep, I weep long and hard, I weep bitter tears of recrimination, of guilt, of the realisation of a pointless life pointlessly wasted, the tears flow and flow and flow and never seem to stop, then I wail, I wail anguishedly into the inky black void of night, another night on this uncaring planet , on this unfeeling orb floating in a universe devoid of meaning, then I rend my garments, and scratch various parts of my body until I draw blood, then I have a little bit of a dance to the theme from "C . B Bears ", and everything's alright again.

Pushing sailors into shop doorways.

Vomiting.

Wilfully alienating myself from people.

Fancying my taxidermist.

Hating the prisoners, hating the officers. There's no fight in them-uh.

Procrastinating of a Friday, when I should be doing some fucking work.

Small Man Big Horse

When the kids I teach say something funny or sweet, I was teaching the subject of "Superstars" a couple of weeks ago and when I asked them who their favourite superstar was, two gave the names of pop stars but one excitedly said "My Mum!" which I thought was all kinds of lovely.

Also: My weekly chocolate treat, diabetes was a cunty old thing to get but now every time I have something sugary it tastes utterly sublime, and it's a real pleasure.

lebowskibukowski

Quote from: Sin Agog on December 14, 2018, 08:39:06 AM

I live about a minute away from Roedean, and it's always nice glimpsing its spires, clocktowers and wings every morning.

Unless you are heading past it towards Newhaven, then it is less an impressive sight, more a harbinger of doom.

Jockice

Dex Sawash

Destroying stuff with acetylene torch.
Falling over like a klutz but salvaging it with lots of flair, Wonka style.
E-brake turns.
Subtle wheelies from a combination of throttle and roadway crest.
(if wheelie is initiated on a turn exit so it begins with bike leaned over that is euphoria and doesn't belong in this thread)

edit- also jockice's penis

Buelligan

More of a simple laugh than a pleasure if we're being pedantic.

Engine breaking.

kittens

scratchcards
cigs
energy drink

holyzombiejesus

Having said that, I always enjoy retrieving balls that have been kicked out of playgrounds. I like giving directions when asked and peddling my bike to the side of the road (even though it's probably unnecessary) when an emergency vehicle has its siren blaring.

Brundle-Fly

When a toddler says hello to you on the bus.
The fleeting whiff of a posh perfume.
Scoffing Twiglets from a barrel.
Getting your Xmas cards done.

BlodwynPig

Black squirrel doing double-take when i offer him a banana instead of nuts

MuteBanana

Waking up to an empty house. Sleeping through the night. Bin day. Day drinking in the pub.

holyzombiejesus

Having a cheeky fondle of a woman's arse on a crowded train and then pressing my erection against her buttocks.

holyzombiejesus

Spelling pedalling wrong.

zomgmouse

Making perfect French toast

PlanktonSideburns

Small German child saying the word lebkutchen in a hopeful tone of voice.

Spine pops as wife hugs you in the evening

Sound of the pub downstairs when I open my office door at night

Upsetting the racist bastard in work on Thursdays by climbing on the big pallets of exercise equipment by his station and quietly positioning loads of boxes, then eventually bursting out through them screaming, he has headphones on so it scares shit out of him, no sense of humour about it, everyone's watching

Cloud

im barry bethel

Diced beef casserole that's been cooking for about 6 hours and is so tender the meat falls apart on the fork

6 slices of flourery bread and butter to mop up diced beef casserole gravy till the plate looks pristine

Undoing the top button on your jeans after eating diced beef casserole and 6 slices of bread and butter

Steaming dog turd on frosty grass

anonymousguy

Foregoing cigarettes for long enough that you actually get a nicotine rush for once. Dogs been all excited to see you even though you're a shitty person. Getting the Countdown conundrum or any University Challenge question correct with somebody actually present. Thomas Pynchon.

Gatling Gun. Field of sausage dogs.

Sausagemeat.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: anonymousguy on December 14, 2018, 11:28:03 PM
Foregoing cigarettes for long enough that you actually get a nicotine rush for once. Dogs been all excited to see you even though you're a shitty person. Getting the Countdown conundrum or any University Challenge question correct with somebody actually present. Thomas Pynchon.

I was going to mention Dogs but I think they're a big pleasure, and the world is a much happier place with them in.

Finishing a great book and the ending satisfying, all too often they can be slightly disappointing so it's lovely when the ending really works.

Jockice

Dogs are the greatest thing on earth. As I tell my cat on a daily basis.

Sebastian Cobb

The best part about spending a night 'on the gear' is going into a pub that opens around 7 or 8am and it being like the bar in star wars.

That and going to/from there completely fucked and trying  to avoid eye contact with normal people cutting about doing their shopping.

oooft

Oh, gotta be when you give up the booze after a 3 week bender and you stop touching cloth when you fart. That first windy fart without the follow through is an immense feeling.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: oooft on December 15, 2018, 04:03:07 PM
Oh, gotta be when you give up the booze after a 3 week bender and you stop touching cloth when you fart. That first windy fart without the follow through is an immense feeling.

At my works Christmas do last night, I Had to shit only to discover no bog roll. Whoever was in before me seemed to have used the cardboard tube and possibly a hat out of a cracker. So I did something I never did before and flushed then dipped my hand in the shit pot and washed my arse.

oooft

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 15, 2018, 04:06:56 PM
At my works Christmas do last night, I Had to shit only to discover no bog roll. Whoever was in before me seemed to have used the cardboard tube and possibly a hat out of a cracker. So I did something I never did before and flushed then dipped my hand in the shit pot and washed my arse.

Ingenious Seb Cobb!  *takes note for the future