Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:20:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Small Pleasures

Started by Sin Agog, December 14, 2018, 08:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I'm probably not a role model tbh. I once followed through in a pub (not pissed but hungover after a night of booze and no food) and styled it out by dumping my pants in a skip and carrying on commando.

Lord Mandrake

Plinking. I bought some reactive targets that really blow the fuck up. Flash, sparks and a huge smoke cloud.

PlanktonSideburns

No train for a bit? Railway pub pint

PlanktonSideburns

The feeling of the cold winter air on your railway pinted body

PlanktonSideburns

Remembering that you have crisps

Buelligan

Finish work for the week.  Cuppatea.  Shower by the fire.  Clean bed.  Sunday night.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Buelligan on December 16, 2018, 07:48:45 PM
Clean bed.

Oh yeah, cool crisp clean bed sheets rule supreme.

nedthemumbler

Finding a small amount of money in your clothing that you had forgotten about.  Large amount : too large a pleasure for this thread.

Cooking something and receiving genuine, verbal appreciation from others.

Dropping your phone in the bath but using your jedi skills to whip it out before all is lost.

Oh of course a large mug of brick red tea, the gift that keeps on giving, daily.

imitationleather

Pouring a freshly brewed coffee over a MacBook in order to make an insurance claim.

Possibly another that's too large a pleasure to qualify for this thread.

Buelligan

Quote from: nedthemumbler on December 16, 2018, 08:16:32 PM
Finding a small amount of money in your clothing that you had forgotten about.  Large amount : too large a pleasure for this thread.

Cooking something and receiving genuine, verbal appreciation from others.

Dropping your phone in the bath but using your jedi skills to whip it out before all is lost.

Oh of course a large mug of brick red tea, the gift that keeps on giving, daily.

Oh yes all of that.  And always clean sheets, clean towels.  Freshly ironed and fragrant.

I have also developed the Jedi skill of catching.  Recently, a whole lot.  Work in a restaurant kitchen, I do (that's my main job).  I caught a falling wine glass with my legs this week, plus various other less remarkable saves.  Small pleasures indeed!

nedthemumbler

Once whilst working in a kitchen I caught a glass that had bounced from the floor.  Would probably have survived the second impact based on its hardy prior efforts, but still, felt good.

Doing an unexpectedly large fart/shit.

chveik

combo coffee/cigs after lunch

im barry bethel

Quote from: nedthemumbler on December 16, 2018, 08:44:44 PM
Once whilst working in a kitchen I caught a glass that had bounced from the floor.  Would probably have survived the second impact based on its hardy prior efforts, but still, felt good.

There's a gambling ad in there somewhere

nedthemumbler

Hi I am Frances Rathbone, Ned the Mumbler,s mum. I am very sorry to tell you that Matt Ralph, aka Ned the Mumbler/General Bullshit took his own life by hanging on 22/12/18.
For the first time he left this site up and running and I'm guessing he wanted me to let you know.
I am sorry to give you such bad news.
I would be very grateful if you or anyone else on the site would share any memories or memorable  emails from him. Memories are all I have now and they are very precious to me
My email is francesrathbone@hotmail.co.uk.
I would be grateful if you could put it up for the rest of the site to read so they do not wonder where is gone.
He chose peace and that is what I wish him.
Thank you

madhair60

That's absolutely awful, I'm so sorry.