Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:19:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tetris World Championship Videos

Started by Twed, December 15, 2018, 03:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_UPHsGR6fM

These are brilliant. I love the commentary, which is so fantastically boring ("and there's another Tetris for Joseph!"), very much early Alan Partridge doing football commentary. Then the actual skill of it all, the simplicity, the beauty of watching the game being played in the most competent way. The niceness of it all. The soundtrack bubbling away in the background. Yes.

samadriel

I've been watching these too, it felt great when Joseph won this year; I love that, if you pretend you don't know what the word 'Tetris' means, the commentary becomes like Numberwang.

chveik

wonderful indeed, and very mesmerizing. thanks for that Twed

Mango Chimes

I didn't watch the whole thing, I'm not mental, but when it gets crazy fast at the end it's actually surprisingly exciting and then really very sweet.

The way the kid holds the controller is insane.

Twed

Quote from: Mango Chimes on December 15, 2018, 04:44:40 PM
I didn't watch the whole thing, I'm not mental, but when it gets crazy fast at the end it's actually surprisingly exciting and then really very sweet.

The way the kid holds the controller is insane.
Yeah I do skip to the end of these.

I think controller stance might be part of "hypertapping".

Noonling

Christ. I don't know if the speeds are the same in Tetris Effect but I start to lose at speed 12...

Oddly memorising this.

Check out some of the Awesome Games Done Quick Runs of Tetris Grandmaster, whilst not as pure the feats on display are astounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwDUiCzPVU

madhair60

"watch this video of people playing Tetris"

fucking millennials, man. unreal.

Consignia

Tetris™️ is the best game ever and should be the only eSport allowed. No t spin obviously.

Quote from: madhair60 on December 17, 2018, 12:54:04 PM
"watch this video of people playing Tetris"

fucking millennials, man. unreal.

BOOM! Tetris for Madhair!

Bazooka

Tetris is the only computer game my Mum has ever played.

madhair60

Quote from: Bazooka on December 17, 2018, 10:20:02 PM
Tetris is the only computer game my Mum has ever played.

I played Tetris with your mum, by which I mean I filled her gap with my Tetromino, then I fucking disappeared.