Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:36:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BBC edits a woman to say "Theresa May is for us"

Started by Twed, December 15, 2018, 04:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBCski meddling false flag deep state intelligence services?

Nah, cackhanded lefty liberal wets.
2 (18.2%)
Da. Is all going to 5-year plan.
9 (81.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Twed

For us?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/13/viewers-baffled-child-appears-teleport-tv-interview-8244024/

Sorry about the source. This is just madness to me. How is the story here "lol it looks like a child teleported" and not "THE BBC IS EDITING PEOPLE'S SENTENCES TO MAKE THEM SOUND PRO-THERESA AND ANTI LABOUR"?

It's about as smoothly done as "Hello Smithers you are quite good at turning me on", such is the respect they have for the general public.

I hope they end, or are only allowed to make nature documentaries from now on.

Lemming

QuoteVideo Producer Paul Hardcastle explained:

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DESTRUCTION

Barry Admin

I don't know why people figure they edited it to change the meaning of what she said, rather than to take out hesitation or repetition.

Twed

Because of the inflection. Even taking her accent into account it sounds very unnatural.

I did form the topic to provoke discussion and do slightly believe it could be possible for it to be unedited audio, but every sense I have says otherwise. The BBC have responded and given an unconvincing explanation about it being due to a "dropped frame", and as far as I can tell haven't released an unedited version that would immediately clear them.

Pijlstaart

Reckon there are two sides to every story. While it is true that theresa may is for us, this woman might have got it wrong and not known that. Editing it is fine, but it is also fine not to show her on tv. What colour is her hair? It's not one of the main ones, it is esoteric, honey cinnamon or smoky topaz, not usual, so we know she doesn't like making it easy for people. Overthinking is what got us into this mess, and now we laugh at common sense phrases like "brexit means brexit" because it isn't confusing enough for us.

If she said "theresa may is forsaken us" then that is slander, and the truth will strangle her like the good weeds shall strangle an evil flower, and none may know that she ever did be.

Buelligan

Obviously, the child appears because the woman spoke the puissant words, for us, from the famous incantion, Jeffrey.

biggytitbo

Paul said I was 'fucking mental' for mentioning this in the Theresa May thread. I don't think they edited it to change the meaning, but they have used some software to try and disguise the edit, which I don't think they should be doing.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 15, 2018, 08:26:53 AM
Paul said I was 'fucking mental' for mentioning this in the Theresa May thread.

No, that was me. Stop making shit up.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Barry Admin on December 15, 2018, 04:19:11 AM
I don't know why people figure they edited it to change the meaning of what she said, rather than to take out hesitation or repetition.

Because people are paranoid. So paranoid that they have to, without any evidence, come up with an elaborate explanation like morphing software, and ignore the fact that it's easier to just keep interviewing more people until you get the talking head you want. A friend of mine's father had this happen to him when he was asked to give a vox pop. The interviewer found his unexpected opinion amusing and wanted to use it, but the producer angrily told her to find someone else.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 15, 2018, 12:10:59 PM
No, that was me. Stop making shit up.

I always get you two mixed up, but I prefer Paul tbh.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 15, 2018, 12:42:25 PM

I always get you two mixed up, but I prefer Paul tbh.

This is your approach to information: you get it mixed up and misrepresent it according to your preferences.

biggytitbo

You should be happy I mixed you up with a superior poster. Otherwise I would barely have any idea who you are.

garnish

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 15, 2018, 01:22:21 PM
You should be happy I mixed you up with a superior poster. Otherwise I would barely have any idea who you are.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 15, 2018, 01:22:21 PM

I would be, were it not for my suspicion that you barely have any idea who you are.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 15, 2018, 12:20:22 PM
Because people are paranoid. So paranoid that they have to, without any evidence, come up with an elaborate explanation like morphing software, and ignore the fact that it's easier to just keep interviewing more people until you get the talking head you want. A friend of mine's father had this happen to him when he was asked to give a vox pop. The interviewer found his unexpected opinion amusing and wanted to use it, but the producer angrily told her to find someone else.

I take your wider point but the interviewer and the editor are different things and different stages.

However on your wider point, if I wanted to de-legitimise criticism of bias in my TV network I would put out videos that are easily explainable and start paranoid conspiracies about them for alleged cluefarters to drool over.

Twed

Depressed Beyond Tables

That site is an absolute abortion. Sorry but, obnoxious accept cookies banner in centre screen: ok. Permanent like us on fb banner: whatever. Video player automatically plays next irrelevant video in shitty metro playlist: naff off.

greenman

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 15, 2018, 12:20:22 PM

Laziness might be a factor I spose as well as wanting a short very partisan soundbite in favour of May but really the whole thing should be consigned to the media dustbin for the manipulative junk it is.

Is it just me or have things gotten worse in recent years as well? there used to be at least some pretence at balance but it seems these street interviews use almost nobody but "common sense conservatives" and centralist dads these days.

George Oscar Bluth II

This is absurd obviously, they clearly cut her answer to remove a pause of some kind, but the whole vox pop thing needs sticking in the dustbin really, you're never going to get representative opinions in some random town in the middle of the working day. It's disingenuous because you're going to get a certain kind of person at that time of day and a lot of people are never going to be asked because they're at work.

It was a particular problem during the EU ref because it very much looked, from vox pops, that everyone was voting Leave didn't it. But really it just meant old people wandering around their local town in the middle of the day were voting leave.

The absolute worst at this is, of course, John Harris and his "I'm not a racist but I went to some shit town somewhere in the middle of the day and all the old people there were racist so many our political parties should bear that in mind" series of videos for the Guardian. Fuck off mate.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Vox pops are the pits of the earth

Even fucking Panorama and Newsnight do them WHO FUCKING CARES YOU WENT INTO TOWN FUCKING WELL DONE YOU TWAT

BlodwynPig

Giving voice to the racist heart of britain. Every voice is valid but we'll only listen to the casual racist

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 17, 2018, 09:58:40 AM
Vox pops are the pits of the earth

Even fucking Panorama and Newsnight do them WHO FUCKING CARES YOU WENT INTO TOWN FUCKING WELL DONE YOU TWAT

Brainwrongs never happened

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That rubbish shouting in a suit thing Jonathan Pie does would be fine if he was solely doing so on the subject of vox pops. Should take it a step further if anything. Go Breakdown Ramsey on the whole thing.

WHY IS THIS FUCKING GAMMON'S FACE ON MY SCREEN FUCK OFF

George Oscar Bluth II

I think a vox pop is fine if you're somewhere of relevance. Car factory closing, so you talk to people who work there. University fees going up, go to a campus and ask.

But bumbling around Brexittown at 11am asking entirely random retired people what they think of the Irish backstop: fuck off

biggytitbo

It's pretty much the worse format in existence to get any kind of well formed or thoughtful comments from anyone either.

DrGreggles

Petey Pate

The best vox pop the BBC ever did was when Henry Winkler was asked for his views on the Heathrow airport expansion as if he was normal member of the public and was never in Happy Days.

Icehaven

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 17, 2018, 10:13:57 AM
The Fry & Laurie ones were good.

Indeed they were, and makes it even more silly that vox pops are still a thing when they were being sent up 25-30 years ago.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Petey Pate on December 17, 2018, 10:15:09 AM
The best vox pop the BBC ever did was when Henry Winkler was asked for his views on the Heathrow airport expansion as if he was normal member of the public and was never in Happy Days.

Ha yes, that was amazing, although not quite as good as when they had a story about an old lady who had her handbag stolen and it was grotbags but they didn't mention this anywhere in the article.

SteveDave

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 17, 2018, 11:03:33 AM

Ha yes, that was amazing, although not quite as good as when they had a story about an old lady who had her handbag stolen and it was grotbags but they didn't mention this anywhere in the article.

Har!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/3819845.stm