Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:43:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Would you judge me for eating out of the bin?

Started by Noonling, December 15, 2018, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Answer the question!

Old bacons
A full haircut
Toenail clippings
Dentures / quiche
Tissues from nosebleed
Flob
An tSaoi

Noonling

Suppose there were three slices of chocolate cake thrown in the bin in your shared house, and a certain someone wanted to take it out of the bin and eat it... Would you judge them? Would you think they are odd? Would you respect it as long as they didn't do it while you were also in the kitchen?

king_tubby

I've started noticing a pair of 50 something men who go around sifting bins in the city centre in Norwich. They're not homeless, just kinda wombling around. What are they searching for?

Noonling

Cake.

I went upstairs for a couple of minutes, hoping the housemate would have left, but not only was he still there, he was CHOPPING ONIONS. So I sauntered over to the bin and rescued my one true love like that's a perfectly normal thing. Which it should be, cake shouldn't go to waste like that.

He didn't comment.

Its not stale or anything, I don't know why anyone would throw it away. Thankfully nothing was thrown on top of it other than orange peel.

Replies From View

What else was in the bin in contact with the cake?

I'm going to start a poll for this and everyone can contribute to what was true; I hope this helps.

Pranet

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on December 15, 2018, 09:33:23 PM
I've started noticing a pair of 50 something men who go around sifting bins in the city centre in Norwich. They're not homeless, just kinda wombling around. What are they searching for?

This was like a movement for a while and may still be, people getting food and things from supermarket bins. Both frugal for them and eco friendly stopping things going into landfill etc.

But it might just be people who may not be homeless but don't have much money.

I know someone who had a police helicopter chase him for rooting around at the local recycling centre. Ended up with a hefty fine. He is sort of eccentric, likes making and fixing things. The effort to catch and prosecute him seems disproportionate to the crime.

Noonling

Quote from: Replies From View on December 15, 2018, 09:51:36 PM
What else was in the bin in contact with the cake?

I'm going to start a poll for this and everyone can contribute to what was true; I hope this helps.

Nothing, I don't think - it was pretty much on the top. Well... There was a weird transparent blob on it which I wasn't sure if it was part of the cake, but I ate it and it didn't taste of anything.

Quote from: Pranet on December 15, 2018, 09:56:27 PM
This was like a movement for a while and may still be, people getting food and things from supermarket bins. Both frugal for them and eco friendly stopping things going into landfill etc.

A vegan friend said she'd happily eat bin steak.

biggytitbo

Cold Meat Platter

It's a toilet for things that haven't come out of your arse.

Chairman Bodog

PlanktonSideburns

Fair play that is the least photogenic picture of a cake I've ever seen

Looks like something from a creepy pasta

PlanktonSideburns

Imagine if the sainsbury's adverts had those production values

Turkey tossed on a dark hallway carpet, portrait mode on camera phone

Cover version of Mariah Carey song on phone held up to headset mic

sainsburys

There is no god

PlanktonSideburns

And it's a good thing he's dead too so he don't have to see that cake

thenoise

PlanktonSideburns

Can't stop looking at it

Its like the offcuts bin in a turd abattoir

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

Replies From View

What if before eating food out of bins you had to buy one of those Mattel Vac-U-Form toys from the early 60s and melt thin layers of plastic around everything first.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Replies From View on December 15, 2018, 11:55:34 PM
What if before eating food out of bins you had to buy one of those Mattel Vac-U-Form toys from the early 60s and melt thin layers of plastic around everything first.

Would

Kelvin

I'd rather eat the bin than that gaping prolapse of a cake.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Yes I would, you filthy cunt. Eating out of the fucking bin, indeed. I've never heard the like.

Got beaten to the George Costanza reference, too. :'(

Noonling

Quote from: Kelvin on December 16, 2018, 04:02:04 AM
I'd rather eat the bin than that gaping prolapse of a cake.

It was delicious I'll have you know. Je ne regrette rien.

Icehaven

It was probably just past it's use by date, a surprising number of people are way too vigilant about them and throw things away even if they're one day over as if food turns to poison mould as soon as the clock strikes midnight. You can eat canned stuff that's literally years past date and it's still fine.
I still wouldn't have taken and eaten anything out of the bin though because it's the bin, yuk.