Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:06:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I’m hungry.

Started by hummingofevil, December 16, 2018, 12:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

I want to eat something but I want it to be the best thing ever that blows my mouth!

What's your very favourite thing to eat? I think a bacon, black pudding and egg buttie on a brioche would come pretty close but I have none of those things right now.

Dex Sawash

Chairman Bodog

Tastiest appetiser I've ever had was a fried aubergine in Malaga that melted on the throatboofer like a grease flake. I've tried remaking it but I just end up with what looks like a memory stick caked in batter.

canadagoose

Chairman Bodog

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Bacon, innit ? Bacon every time. Given the choice of eating a lovely toasted bacon sarnie all covered in brown sauce and that, or eating out Jodie Comer's glorious cunt*, well, I'd go for the Jodie Comer's cunt option, orbviously, but bacon is still quite nice.

Crumpets, too. They're jolly tasty. Big plate of crumpets, all  slathered in butter. Gosh, yes.

* that's what I'd call my band, if I had one.

shiftwork2

Beat an egg then dip the holey side of a crumpet in it, make sure the holes are filled up.  Then fry it in the same pan you are using to fry the streaky bacon you are going to lay on top.  It is a thing of wonder worthy of Christmas morning.

Pret does a brioche bun with egg and either bacon or sausage with coffee for less than £4 if you need to hit the pre-work spot.

mothman

Quote from: shiftwork2 on December 16, 2018, 07:31:08 AM
Beat an egg then dip the holey side of a crumpet in it, make sure the holes are filled up.  Then fry it in the same pan you are using to fry the streaky bacon you are going to lay on top.  It is a thing of wonder worthy of Christmas morning.

I'm trying this. Fry both sides? If so which first?

oooft

Totally surprised the deep fried Mars Bar hasn't been mentioned yet. Get down your local chippy ASAP mate - you wont look back.

hummingofevil

Been treated to Sunday dinner at a friends and the highlight was doing creamed leaks with blue cheese. The cauliflower should have been puréed and the beef was undercooked to point of being chewy but was rather nice.

If you cooking a red meat roast put it in oven at 70 degrees for a few hours then follow directions for rare. You get perfect rare meat but tender and soft.

hummingofevil

Can't remember which thread was one but previously discussed how I'd never been to Iceland. Can confirm it's excellebt and their "no bull" vegan range of burgers and chicken is lush. Go go.

shiftwork2

Quote from: mothman on December 16, 2018, 08:50:22 AM
I'm trying this. Fry both sides? If so which first?

Yep both sides to ensure egg is cooked, order doesn't matter.  About a minute in total.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on December 16, 2018, 07:19:40 AM
Bacon, innit ? Bacon every time. Given the choice of eating a lovely toasted bacon sarnie all covered in brown sauce and that, or eating out Jodie Comer's glorious cunt*, well, I'd go for the Jodie Comer's cunt option, orbviously, but bacon is still quite nice.

Crumpets, too. They're jolly tasty. Big plate of crumpets, all  slathered in butter. Gosh, yes.

* that's what I'd call my band, if I had one.

I don't get all this bacon love we have nowadays. It's far too salty. And greasy. And you get all that rubbery fat round the edge. It's pretty rank if we're being honest. And eggs are disgusting too.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on December 19, 2018, 08:37:21 PM

I don't get all this bacon love we have nowadays. It's far too salty. And greasy. And you get all that rubbery fat round the edge. It's pretty rank if we're being honest. And eggs are disgusting too.

Jodie Comer's fanny is quite nice though, isn't it ( probably ) ?

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on December 19, 2018, 08:39:24 PM
Jodie Comer's fanny is quite nice though, isn't it ( probably ) ?

Bit salty. Rubbery fat etc

Norton Canes

Fried halloumi and tomatoes with rocket in crusty bread.

Sebastian Cobb

Been doing Fajitas a bit recently, I avoided them for ages because I knew the kits were a pointless rip-off, but I googled how to make the seasoning and it's all entry-level shit.

https://greatist.com/eat/recipes/chicken-fajitas

TrenterPercenter

I made some Mutton Pulao today.

Proper good nosh, greasy carbs and tender tasty protein.

Should of made some curry to go with it mind.

Jittlebags

Had some deep dried halloumi chips recently. Lovely, accepts a range of sauces. My quick death by saturated fat suggestion is..  slice chorizo, place into metal dish, add chilli flakes, slice a brie including the crust and cover chorizo. Put in oven, wait until cheese brown.

Serve with ice cold lager.

PaulTMA

ColinPopshed

Fajitas are indeed a good go-to. Or tacos. Few better things can come from stuff you might already have in.

But the Jodie Comer references have just completely thrown me. I wish we had a 'thoughts' switch that you could just turn off on a timer setting. I'd get more done.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Sainsbury's do a lovely cheddar and chorizo bake. It comes in a nice little dish too.

kittens

for the past month (2 months?) i have been having one meal of soup and cheese a day and that's it aside from a multivitamin pill. over christmas i am going to indulge so heartily that i forget what hunger feels like. i am going to eat a bathtub of walkers mixups daily.

nedthemumbler

What kind of soup?  Gruel, not so good.  Beri Beri soon.

A hearty, peasant style minestrone however, full of so much veg and grain or pasta that it is virtually sliceable, you are going to live forever. 

And cheese!

Didn't bring any money out with me, how much time do you have to serve for lifting some Doritos?  Cardboard food sure, but salty

madhair60

Same mate. Got fuck all. Get paid tomorrow but fasting til then. IT'S FUCKING TOILET