Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:45:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Day Shall Come

Started by AzureSky, December 16, 2018, 08:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Quote from: privatefriend on September 17, 2019, 02:48:20 PM
Glasgow tonight!

I got an email confirmation from the GFT and on it it said it was a pay what you want event on the way out. I already paid online so hope they won't be blocking the doors looking for more cash!

Would also like to know how long the Q&A is so I know I have enough time to get a train home.

privatefriend

Quote from: Malcy on September 17, 2019, 03:06:38 PM
I got an email confirmation from the GFT and on it it said it was a pay what you want event on the way out. I already paid online so hope they won't be blocking the doors looking for more cash!

Yeah I just saw that, not sure if it's a mistake.

AzureSky

Hi,

I have a spare ticket for Nottingham at the Broadway on Thursday night, if anyone one is interested. Can't get a baby sitter, so my partner can't come.

Sebastian Cobb

Saw this in Glasgow tonight and thought it was great.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Malcy on September 17, 2019, 03:06:38 PM

Would also like to know how long the Q&A is so I know I have enough time to get a train home.

I got that, dunno why they append it to every email, but that's a thing they're trialling/just started for one new feature on a Monday.

I had to leg it from the Q&A for a slash then hovered around by the ushers.

Malcy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 17, 2019, 11:18:44 PM
I got that, dunno why they append it to every email, but that's a thing they're trialling/just started for one new feature on a Monday.

I had to leg it from the Q&A for a slash then hovered around by the ushers.

I couldn't wait that long to have a slash. Had to go for one about 15 mins from the end. Was quite annoyed with myself as I have only ever done that once and it was more an excuse to escape the film.

Still, saw Chris on the way back and said hello which was good. Nipped out for a ciggie while the credits were going up and by the time I got back the Q&A had started. Felt a bit embarrassed rushing to my seat down the front.

Loved the film,thought it was very funny. Great performances all round. The Q&A was a good laugh as well although that first audience question was fucking pish.

The noise of the air con was a huge distraction during the film but it was really bad during the Q&A. It was my first time in the GFT and I had decided early on I would come back soon but not if the air con is always that noisy.

Also spotted Sanjeev Kholi trying to look a bit incognito on the way out. Gave him a nod.

Sebastian Cobb

It's the first time I've noticed the air con and the most packed I've seen it. Generally it's pretty empty.

What was up with the bellend wasting a question on a faux-pas joke?

Malcy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 18, 2019, 08:32:52 AM
It's the first time I've noticed the air con and the most packed I've seen it. Generally it's pretty empty.

What was up with the bellend wasting a question on a faux-pas joke?

Yeah that was stupid. Waste of his time and Chris's. And the way he kept saying it over Chris trying to reply. Tosser.

I'll go see the film again when it's out. Having a couple of beers before and after things these days really affects my memory so as much as I know I really enjoyed the film and found it funny I can't remember much of it this morning.

Did anyone catch the names of the Documentaries he mentioned? I know one was (T) something but I couldn't hear him and he was only a couple of metres away!

justin_bennett

Quote from: Malcy on September 18, 2019, 10:07:46 AM

Did anyone catch the names of the Documentaries he mentioned? I know one was (T) something but I couldn't hear him and he was only a couple of metres away!

He mentioned one called (T)error, which I've just spotted is on Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80039644

Superb film!  Loved it and will definitely go again when it comes out proper.  Good to see/hear Chris as well, he was on good form and dealt with above fanny with a cutting 'Brandreth' putdown...

Mobbd

Quote from: Malcy on September 18, 2019, 10:07:46 AM
Did anyone catch the names of the Documentaries he mentioned?

Barely caught anything, the mics were so low.

I managed to catch every idiotic question (and that one joke) from the audience though.

As well as the already-mentioned "faux pas" cretin and the rambling first "whistleblowing" question that Chris handled sportingly, a guy down the front asked if Chris would "consider a return to drama." I don't know who he thought Chris was. Luckily, Chris misheard him slightly, missing the "return" part. And then there was the chap who just wanted to announce to the room that he'd been involved in a charity screening of Brasseye. The super-basic question about whether it would be hard to write satire in the current political climate was almost a relief.

I'm grateful for the Q&A because I got to see Chris Morris in real life, but bloody hell.

BlodwynPig

what was the faux-pas 'joke'?

Malcy

Quote from: justin_bennett on September 18, 2019, 10:35:36 AM
He mentioned one called (T)error, which I've just spotted is on Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80039644

Superb film!  Loved it and will definitely go again when it comes out proper.  Good to see/hear Chris as well, he was on good form and dealt with above fanny with a cutting 'Brandreth' putdown...

That's the one. Thanks. Yeah he was well able to deal with the stupid questions.

Quote from: Mobbd on September 18, 2019, 11:12:33 AM
Barely caught anything, the mics were so low.

I managed to catch every idiotic question (and that one joke) from the audience though.

As well as the already-mentioned "faux pas" cretin and the rambling first "whistleblowing" question that Chris handled sportingly, a guy down the front asked if Chris would "consider a return to drama." I don't know who he thought Chris was. Luckily, Chris misheard him slightly, missing the "return" part. And then there was the chap who just wanted to announce to the room that he'd been involved in a charity screening of Brasseye. The super-basic question about whether it would be hard to write satire in the current political climate was almost a relief.

I'm grateful for the Q&A because I got to see Chris Morris in real life, but bloody hell.

Yeah I was baffled with that drama question. He gave a good answer anyway. The guy who was talking g about the Brass Eye screening was from the Yikes film club. The question was posted on Facebook in a series of short videos for some reason. Did look quite chuffed with himself.

Wish they would ask for the questions first then pick the good ones. Would have saved 5 minutes on the first question alone.

Did laugh at the person who kept shouting "hold the mic closer to your mouth" at the woman on the panel.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 18, 2019, 11:38:19 AM
what was the faux-pas 'joke'?

It was something like

"Can you tell us more about your fake grandad"?

Silence and a look of confusion on Chris' face followed by before he could really answer

"Or would that be a faux pas"?

Few groans from the audience and sighs.

Then he just kept saying it.

"Would that be a faux pas"?

"FAUX PAS"

"FAUX. PAS."

That's how I remember it but it was fucking painful.

sponk

Why would anybody do such a thing? Maybe god is dead afterall.

sponk

Mobbd

Quote from: Malcy on September 18, 2019, 11:50:14 AM
Wish they would ask for the questions first then pick the good ones. Would have saved 5 minutes on the first question alone.

Good call.

You know, from now on, if I know I'm going to be attending a Q&A with anyone I'm remotely interested in, I'm going to put some advance thought into the thing and write a short, to-the-point question before leaving the house.

Like everyone else on Planet Dignity, I'm shy and not drawn to loudly asking a question in a room full of smirking ear-holes, but fears of sounding like a know-nothing, wobbly-voiced twonk should abate if you keep in mind that, if absolutely nothing else, you'll have filibustered some other moron's question.

Fisher Goes Berserk

I really enjoyed the film, and it was great to have the opportunity to see Morris in person. My friends and I agreed afterwards that he seemed a lot warmer and less spiky than we had imagined.

Agree that questions submitted in advance would have made for a better Q&A, as would a soundcheck.

I thought his story about visiting the FBI while researching the film was the most interesting bit. I wonder if they asked to see a copy of the script or the finished film.

Malcy

Hoping that the Blu-Ray will have a documentary that will cover his time with the FBI a bit more. Agree that it was really interesting to hear about.

EBGB

I'd still really appreciate some idea of how long the event (or even just the Q&A) lasts, if someone would be so kind?

Malcy

Quote from: EBGB on September 18, 2019, 06:24:06 PM
I'd still really appreciate some idea of how long the event (or even just the Q&A) lasts, if someone would be so kind?

It was around half an hour. The film is about an hour and a half.

EBGB

Quote from: Malcy on September 18, 2019, 08:12:58 PM
It was around half an hour. The film is about an hour and a half.
Brill, ta. 

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fisher Goes Berserk on September 18, 2019, 02:59:12 PM
I really enjoyed the film, and it was great to have the opportunity to see Morris in person. My friends and I agreed afterwards that he seemed a lot warmer and less spiky than we had imagined.

Agree that questions submitted in advance would have made for a better Q&A, as would a soundcheck.

I thought his story about visiting the FBI while researching the film was the most interesting bit. I wonder if they asked to see a copy of the script or the finished film.

To be fair I've been to a few films with q&a's and the audience questions have largely been a bit rubbish or predictable but with good answers from the guests. The other ones I went to weren't comedies though so you didn't get people asking questions trying to be funny.

Perhaps the best one I went to was with Bernard Rose for a re-showing of Candyman, but I think that was because the person doing the interviewing was a local BBC journalist and more practised at interviewing people.

Mister Six

BlodwynPig

Did anyone ask if he'll be bringing back The Day Today?!?!?

sponk

Yes. And he gave a long answer, basically saying it wouldn't be necessary as the news isn't as powerful or influential as it was in 94.

And Mister Six there was a sign saying it would be audio recorded but not video

muddybug

spotted in the wild yesterday

Help me lads I booked what I thought was the last ticket to the Brixton screening only to realise I'd booked a wheelchair seat like a cunt so I had to call and say "I'm a cunt" and now I have to wait 5 days for the refund. Point is if anyone has a spare let me know.

My mate said rent a wheelchair and I did consider it

EBGB

Quote from: idontwanttofuckinregister on September 19, 2019, 03:42:01 PM
Help me lads I booked what I thought was the last ticket to the Brixton screening only to realise I'd booked a wheelchair seat like a cunt so I had to call and say "I'm a cunt" and now I have to wait 5 days for the refund. Point is if anyone has a spare let me know.

How does P18 grab you?  I got so over-excited that I booked a seat right near the back rather than right near the front.  So I booked another near the front, & haven't yet triggered the refund for the first one.

PM me.