Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:21:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What happened to Adam Buxton and Graham Linehan's sci-fi sitcom 'The Cloud'?

Started by What Doth Life?, December 17, 2018, 12:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Starting to feel like it's not okay to treat him as if he's in charge of his mental health. I think he's unwell.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Twed on December 31, 2018, 01:48:52 AM
Starting to feel like it's not okay to treat him as if he's in charge of his mental health. I think he's unwell.

I think that he may be emotionally artistic.

Moribunderast

Quote"I'm now in a position where I can now answer the question honestly of, if you were around the time of something terrible happening like Nazism, would you be one of the people who said, 'This is wrong,' despite being opposed?

"I feel happy in myself that I've been one of the people saying up and saying, 'No, this is wrong,' despite everyone telling me not to do it."

What a brave, brave man.

Quote"People do get very nervous... it's like putting your hand on a flamethrower. The opposition is so extreme and so frightening that eventually everyone is asking you to stop.

Yeah, Glinner, that's why your mates are asking you to stop...

Not that we're entitled to it in anyway but I'd be fascinated to hear what his wife makes of all this. He constantly brings her (and other women he owns) up as the reason he's taking this brave stance against the patriarchy and I wonder if she's fully on-board. Astounding that he's wound himself up into such an obsessive state over something that would likely never an impact on he or his loved ones' lives. What an utter waste of time and energy. Claim a win for the internet and it's abyss of hatred, I s'pose.

jobotic

Quote"People do get very nervous... it's like putting your hand on a flamethrower. The opposition is so extreme and so frightening that eventually everyone is asking you to stop.

What? Maybe it's because it's a fucking stupid thing to do.

Sebastian Cobb

Both Glinner and that Adrian bloke seem quite happy to celebrate their enemies getting done for the same rules they consider themselves above if that stranger article is anything to go by.

Chriddof

And the person who wrote that Stranger article came under fire for saying nasty shit about trans people in the recent past. It never bloody ends, does it?

St_Eddie

H-O-W-L

Quote from: icehaven on December 17, 2018, 10:38:28 PM
Yeah I imagine if Twitter was around 20-30 years ago Father Ted wouldn't exist and Linehan would be some nobody who once had a good idea for a sitcom ranting at no one. What are we losing now because writers, established or new or otherwise, are too busy getting involved in Twitter storms or other online bullshit to actually sit down and do some work?

Fuck all. T'internet actually makes it easier for writers to get their shit out there and get established. It's entirely cultural bias and the fall of former 'greats' that makes it seem like we're 'losing' people.

jobotic

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on January 01, 2019, 08:54:29 AM
Extremely bold of someone married into the Serafinowicz family to bring up the Nazis!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/bbc-star-s-grandfather-faced-nazi-war-crimes-trial-7289973.html

What a terrible article.

His programme may have featured Synthesizer Patel but it made little if any mention of Serafinowicz's grandfather's war crimes.