Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:56:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CCD (Crushing Christmas Depression)

Started by checkoutgirl, December 17, 2018, 10:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

...only joking!! Everything's great!! Hurray!!

Happy Christmas everyone. And if you're not in the Christmas spirit, keep it to yourself yeah? I can't wait for Friday. Good tunes, good brew, good bunnies. Party on!!

Buelligan

bgmnts

I hope Santa brings me a fleshlite for christmas!

Cuellar

Christmas, the year's weekend. Yes! You think, it's Christmas! The year is done, time to relax!!

Little do you realize there's another WHOLE NEW YEAR JUST ABOUT TO START AND YOU HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE THING AGAIN AND THIS CYCLE NEVER EVER ENDS UNTIL YOU DO.

Buelligan

Actually, it won't end then.  It doesn't care that you will, it just carries right on, oblivious.  That's exactly how cosy it is.

shiftwork2

Because I am a tool I didn't book any time off.  So this year it's like an extra weekend plonked into the middle of a working week. 

We did the booze shop yesterday for all the essentials, Christmas Eve snowballs and Christmas morning Bloody Marys.  Christmas is great.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: shiftwork2 on December 17, 2018, 11:23:18 AM
Christmas is great.

Fuck yeah!! Christmas is the tits. And anyone who says different is just mad. I mean a whole week off, what's better than that?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Yeah, time off in the middle of fucking winter. What could be better ??

the

Time off in the middle of fucking summer?

Buelligan

Quote from: checkoutgirl on December 17, 2018, 12:21:46 PM
Fuck yeah!! Christmas is the tits. And anyone who says different is just mad. I mean a whole week off, what's better than that?

Who gets a whole week off?  I don't even get the day off because it's my normal day off and I get to work New Year's Day (which is also my normal day off) for no extra pay.  That, my friend, is the joy of the season. 

And I don't get time off in the summer either because that's when we're busy.  Comprende?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: the on December 17, 2018, 12:23:25 PM
Two whole weeks off?

Nah, two weeks is too much. After the first week you stop enjoying the novelty of not being in work so much so the second week is essentially wasted. That is scientific fact by the way, backed up by statistics and such.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Buelligan on December 17, 2018, 12:34:16 PM

Who gets a whole week off?  I don't even get the day off because it's my normal day off and I get to work New Year's Day (which is also my normal day off) for no extra pay.  That, my friend, is the joy of the season. 

And I don't get time off in the summer either because that's when we're busy.  Comprende?

Shoulda got a better job mate. Not my problem.

Buelligan

Hah.  That's what you think.  Think on it next time you're sitting there in some foreign eatery, waiting for your dinner to be cooked and see what happens to your account.

checkoutgirl

Actually on reflection, that wasn't very Christmassy. I am very sorry.

Buelligan

Heheh.  Don't be sorry, there's no need to be Christmassy here!

biggytitbo

This strange small boy threating to punch Santa's beard off should cheer everyone up https://twitter.com/Sumvyah0/status/1074055911025590273?s=19

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Soon to be kidnapping people in shopping centres and murdering them

But enough about Santa

Shit Good Nose

Kirk Cameron's dreadful Saving Christmas features good ol' St Nick beating the shit out of someone with a staff if that helps lift your christmas spirit.

The monologue about torture and murdering babies might bring it back down again is the only problem...

Cuellar

Saw your post in Deeper Into Movies about that - watched the trailer, looks fascinating and incoherent. Very tempted to watch it even though it also looks utter tosh.

Shit Good Nose

It's just REALLY dull and boring.  Imagine watching Manos without the MST treatment (as I have) and you're in that kind of territory.

Cuellar

Yeah will probably give it a miss based on that.

I did love the premise that his mate 'Christian'(GET IT???) doesn't like Christmas anymore so goes off and just...sits outside in his car while everyone else is having fun in the house. Excellent Partridge moment.

Shit Good Nose

It appears to have been all filmed in one night.