Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:04:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Am I Being Unreasonable?

Started by Cuellar, December 17, 2018, 04:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 17, 2018, 05:46:25 PM
Might as well get your money's worth now you're in trouble anyway; go on a massive bender in her absence and neglect to tidy away the evidence of debauchery.

Yes!

Buy some lipstick and smear it on the collars of all your shirts, and when she comes back make sure you have that song playing about it and all your shirts strewn everywhere like I dunno, a dog came in and chewed up all your parcelforce deliveries.

Uncle TechTip

Maybe such things shouldn't be discussed and decided over text. You seem to be unable to interpret her response - you need to see her face to grasp true emotions, also there will be the opportunity for you both to ask follow up questions.

Twed

I think that not wantings to go on this is, as the Mexicans say, "une fine".

Buelligan

Whatevs.  Clearly on a downward trajectory.  Nothing to be done now.

Cuellar

Cuellar

Hang on, why am I asking you lot

Kelvin

Quote from: Cuellar on December 17, 2018, 05:57:34 PM
Hang on, why am I asking you lot

Because the woman you love and aren't going to Mexico with isn't back from her job yet.

Thursday

I want a partner to go to Mexico with in January. No fair.

Paul Calf

Is £600 really the cheapest you can get in January?

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on December 17, 2018, 04:41:44 PM
Why not?!

Well obviously you'll have the opportunity, but this stuff gets harder and harder as you get older.

I wanted to go visit friends in NZ with Mrs Ferris, and we put it off and put it off for years until now baby on the way, got to move to a bigger place, will be an extra 50% more expensive because of the extra person and the travel will be more stressful and more of a hassle and now it looks like we'll realistically never go.

Noonling

Has nobody pointed out that she KNEW you'd say no, but now she gets to spend an extended amount of time in Mexico with her three Mexican Chads pumping her full of bodily fluids and you'll be none the wiser.

Obviously.

Buelligan

Yeah I did, didn't mention the three fellows, thought it'd be easier if I pretended it was just that one from the Christmas party last year.

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 17, 2018, 06:06:04 PM
Is £600 really the cheapest you can get in January?

He could probably bring something back for a friend and actually make a profit on the whole thing.  Maybe even get his partner to pretend she's pregnant and coin it.

Cuellar

Quote from: Noonling on December 17, 2018, 06:08:51 PM
Has nobody pointed out that she KNEW you'd say no, but now she gets to spend an extended amount of time in Mexico with her three Mexican Chads pumping her full of bodily fluids and you'll be none the wiser.

Obviously.

Joke would be on her as I'd bloody love it

Replies From View

Quote from: Cuellar on December 17, 2018, 06:18:14 PM

What if you can never make their spunk go away.

Cuellar

Replies From View

Quote from: Cuellar on December 17, 2018, 06:21:00 PM
I'll keep at it!

Don't be using anything harmful like Dettol.  You are allowed only an old toothbrush and bars of soap.

Replies From View

Quote from: Cuellar on December 17, 2018, 05:56:12 PM
Dunno, Mexico City perhaps.

Some parts of Mexico are closer than others, you know.

Thursday

Buelligan

Quote from: Replies From View on December 17, 2018, 06:31:08 PM
Don't be using anything harmful like Dettol.  You are allowed only an old toothbrush and bars of soap.

All the Persil in the world.

madhair60

I don't understand why anyone would ever want to go to mexico.

mothman

Quote from: Cuellar on December 17, 2018, 06:18:14 PM

El Sloppy Segundos would make a nice name for a mariachi band.

Quote from: madhair60 on December 17, 2018, 06:35:59 PM

Went there for my honeymoon, so there.

nedthemumbler

She might not even be upset.  This is a lot of worry from one messaged 'OK' surely?

Icehaven

As others have suggested, it depends on how you said it? If you said "Cheers, that's a really nice idea, but I'm going to be a bit skint after Xmas and it's a long way to go for a few days. How about we save the money for a proper holiday where you don't have to work later in the year?" then that's not unreasonable at all, but if you literally just said "I don't really fancy it." then I can see why she'd be a bit put out.

Thursday

Quote from: madhair60 on December 17, 2018, 06:35:59 PM

Check out Richard Hammond over here.

wooders1978

Is her work picking up the accommodation etc?
I'd probably go mate, it'll take the pressure off having a "big" I.e more expensive holiday this year I assume (well we *did* to Mexico already love etc) also - go and enjoy your life ffs

Lord Mandrake

Mexico is the best country in the world and Mexico city is truly stunning. Xochimilco canals are a must if you do go. Id fuck christmass off in a heartbeat to go if I were you.

gmoney

Mexican wrestling is ace. Tell her you've changed your mind and you want to take her to see La Parka vs Blue Panther Jr. at Arena Mexico.

manticore

Are you really as casual about this as you are portraying it here? As others have said, if that's how it came across to your partner then I could see how she might not feel good about that.

People want to share experiences like this with people they love. I once really really didn't want to travel  to London with my girlfriend to visit the British Museum, and she said later that at one point she was looking at an exhibit that particularly enthused her and turned round to exclaim upon it to me, and remembered that I wasn't there. I've rarely felt so ashamed as when she said that.

Bit of an attempt at guilt-tripping there, sorry.