Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:21:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Am I Being Unreasonable?

Started by Cuellar, December 17, 2018, 04:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rue the polywhirl

Not unreasonable but unstrategic. You should have jumped at the chance to jet halfway around the world to spend time with her for a measly few days of exotic holiday that fits conveniently around her work time and unconveniently around yours. Doesn't matter how much it costs now you can extract potentially far more dividends from her in the future.

Ferris

Quote from: icehaven on December 17, 2018, 07:13:37 PM
As others have suggested, it depends on how you said it? If you said "Cheers, that's a really nice idea, but I'm going to be a bit skint after Xmas and it's a long way to go for a few days. How about we save the money for a proper holiday where you don't have to work later in the year?" then that's not unreasonable at all, but if you literally just said "I don't really fancy it." then I can see why she'd be a bit put out.

Very well put!

Cuellar

Yes suffice to say I didn't say "arsed love"

Thomas

I've been watching Narcos: Mexico, and, without meaning to push stereotypes, I do feel obliged to say that going to that country might be quite dangerous unless you take the necessary precautions; I would recommend SPF 50.

Replies From View

Quote from: Cuellar on December 17, 2018, 08:05:46 PM
Yes suffice to say I didn't say "arsed love"

Was it this though?

QuoteI think she's annoyed, as I only received a curt 'ok' to my 'don't really fancy it' message. She was dashing out of work at the time, but still.

Cuellar

No

Anyway I'm home now and we've discussed it and it's fine so

THREAD CLOSED THANKS FOR ALL YOUR BULLSHIT OPINIONS THANKS MERRY CHRISTMAS

Replies From View

Quote from: Cuellar on December 17, 2018, 08:29:10 PM
No

Hmm.

Hopefully she is holding it back to emotionally blackmail you later.

garnish

Not unreasonable I guess but you're probably shown a boring side to yourself that your partner didn't know existed.  You'd be best off breaking up.

Cuellar

Oh she's well aware how boring I am

BUT THREAD CLOSED

CLOSED

Thomas

Check out Mr. Brexit, trying to close the borders. This thread is 'full', is it? Don't need any of 'our' kind?

Replies From View

If it smells and tastes like she is now shitting in all your food, she probably is.

garnish

Quote from: Cuellar on December 17, 2018, 08:35:45 PM
Oh she's well aware how boring I am

BUT THREAD CLOSED

CLOSED

Next time she brings it up, start crying and say you're sorry between big sobs.

Cuellar

Quote from: Cuellar on December 17, 2018, 08:29:10 PM
No

No but seriously, thanks everyone!

Kelvin

We'll all have a good laugh when you start a thread titled "What to do in Mexico for two weeks" next summer.

Cuellar

Yeah by 'it's fine' I did genuinely mean I'm now reconsidering.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Thursday on December 17, 2018, 06:34:07 PM
It is good, you racist.

I don't think Mexican food is that great. They can't even get bacon and eggs right.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: garnish on December 17, 2018, 08:33:19 PM
Not unreasonable I guess but you're probably shown a boring side to yourself that your partner didn't know existed.  You'd be best off breaking up.

I think it's perfectly reasonable not to want to go to Mexico at the drop of a hat just because your partners are going there for a business trip. It's whether your partners think if  it's perfectly reasonable that's the issue. Will your partners think you're not spontaneous enough? Will your partners ask you to visit some other place that you don't fancy either and this will push you further apart? Will the sex dry up? Will your partners family say you're not good enough for you partners.

Best call it quits now before someone really gets hurt.

Cuellar

Well she likes travelling and I don't, but you have to go along with it apparently otherwise you clearly don't love them and are a wizened, boring husk of a failure.

And er this thread was CLOSED some time ago, so shut up now.

Icehaven

Quote from: Cuellar on December 18, 2018, 11:08:48 AM
Well she likes travelling and I don't, but you have to go along with it apparently otherwise you clearly don't love them and are a wizened, boring husk of a failure.

If she's happy to shell out at least half of your plane fare (seeing as presumably her work is paying for hers) and do all the stuff you find unenjoyable about travelling but that she presumably doesn't mind (planning your days, deciding where to eat, hotels etc.) then that's a compromise I suppose but if you're supposed to pay for yourself then do all the travel associated faff on top of it then nah.

thenoise

Doing things you hate is part of being in love. Um, isn't it?

Anyway I'd fucking love to go to Mexico, or Thailand for that matter. Fucking anywhere. So pretend you're me and you'll love it.

Pdine

thenoise

I know Barry looks down on begging for money, but I really really would like to go:

https://www.gofundme.com/pleasesendthenoisetofuckingmexicoyoucunts

oooft

Just go but try and avoid the caravan.

My great Uncle was murdered in Mexico, so best avoided mate.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I know you've said the threads closed, but is she thinking that you've got something like at least  a grand lying around to spunk on going to Mexico for a few days? I'd tell her to fuck off, if I were you.

Paul Calf

Since you started this thread, I've been wondering why the fuck you're not going to spend a few days out of a cold, dark, miserable January in Mexico with the woman you love? Why wouldn't you do that?

I once drove four hours each way to see the now-Mrs-Calf for 45 minutes. And that was in Warrington.

Endicott

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 18, 2018, 01:02:24 PM
I once drove four hours each way to see the now-Mrs-Calf for 45 minutes. And that was in Warrington.

I bet that's when she decided you're a 'keeper'.

checkoutgirl

Travelling can be a pain in the arse because you have to get up early, have breakfast and then traipse around doing stuff all day. And this is technically on a day off when I would more usually be lying in bed drunk or sitting in my pants eating a pot noodle watching clips of Conan O'Brien on youtube. So yeah, it is a bit of an arse ache. But sitting around in a dressing gown eating a cheese sandwich with your life isn't that great either.

I saw David's marble arse this year, you can't do that sitting at home in your flat. And my dad hates travel and I have to admit it annoys me a bit. Because he's sort of dead already. If you hate travel then you're kind of dead inside. It's like when people say they don't like any music of films or that. How can they be so sure?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on December 18, 2018, 11:49:50 AM
My great Uncle was murdered in Mexico, so best avoided mate.

Not so great now is he?

Chollis

Why do you hate your partner so much?