Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:17:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedians Whose Entire Act Seemed To Be Just One Joke

Started by Satchmo Distel, December 18, 2018, 01:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on December 19, 2018, 10:02:16 PM
Also some posters seem to be missing the thrust of the thread title. Well done you.

Oh no, I can read, and I can also tell that every comic is doing more than one thing, even if they revisit a particular thing repeatedly. No comic should seeeeeem to have just one joke if you're really paying attention, or respecting what it takes to put together an entire act.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on December 19, 2018, 11:24:55 PM
Oh no, I can read, and I can also tell that every comic is doing more than one thing, even if they revisit a particular thing repeatedly. No comic should seeeeeem to have just one joke if you're really paying attention, or respecting what it takes to put together an entire act.

How true.

Hold on til I forward that Roy Chubby Brown playlist your way for perusal.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on December 19, 2018, 11:56:06 PM
How true.

Hold on til I forward that Roy Chubby Brown playlist your way for perusal.

He has a variety of jokes on different topics, even if they're shit.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on December 20, 2018, 12:09:41 AM
He has a variety of jokes on different topics, even if they're shit.

OK then

Roy 'chubby & has a variety of jokes on different topics, even if they're shit' Brown.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on December 20, 2018, 01:44:06 AM
OK then

Roy 'chubby & has a variety of jokes on different topics, even if they're shit' Brown.

You seem to have missed the point of the thread.

thenoise

Jim 'half remembered chinaman joke he was told down the pub once, dragged out to half an hour complete with comedy Ching-Chong voice and eye pulling' Davidson.

boki

Quote from: vainsharpdad on December 20, 2018, 12:16:53 AM
Peter 'Kerplunk - what was that all about?' Kay

Peter K-eighties, more like, EH, EH?
{cheeky grin to camera}

Replies From View

There will come a time when Ricky Gervais' entire body of work is distilled to mostly "Don't mongs have an underbite!!"

Already I can hardly think of anything else he's done.

Custard

Jo "I like cakes and have to constantly mention I am fat, even though by today's standards I'm bleedin' Kate Moss" Brand

Katy "I'm a fat Amy Winehouse LMAO" Brand

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shameless Custard on December 20, 2018, 02:25:47 PM
Jo "I like cakes and have to constantly mention I am fat, even though by today's standards I'm bleedin' Kate Moss" Brand

She's also Jo "I like to makes jokes about hitting my husband over the head with various blunt instruments because domestic abuse against men is funny" Brand.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Also Jo "I'm Not Funny In The Slightest, How The Fuck Have I Made A Career Out Of This? " Brand.

Quote from: St_Eddie on December 20, 2018, 03:25:50 PM
She's also Jo "I like to makes jokes about hitting my husband over the head with various blunt instruments because domestic abuse against men is funny" Brand.

If there's an 'also' way of summing up their humour, it's not based on just one joke, or type of joke.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 20, 2018, 04:13:29 PM
If there's an 'also' way of summing up their humour, it's not based on just one joke, or type of joke.

Yes, that was my secondary point and the reason why I very purposefully used the word "also"; she doesn't qualify for this thread.

alan nagsworth

Yvgeny Mirminsky.

"These days, the prices of gas just keep going up and up. I'm just glad cars don't run on vodka!"

Replies From View

Seinfeld.

"So what's the deal with those chalk lines around dead people?"

paruses

Jeff Foxworthy - if i have the name right. The "you know you're a redneck when" bloke.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

KennyMonster

Darth "I'm being very terse with you even though I'm obviously suffering from a particularly nasty chest infection" Vader.

KennyMonster

Sebastian Cobb

John "the thing about snooker is when the opponent is at the table, there's nothing you can do" Virgo
Steve 'knowingly boring' Davis
Peter 'fuck me he's' Boring Ebdon

a duncandisorderly

Replies From View

Alan "lol he gets stuff wrong on QI" Davies

Paul "haha he does a blank face on Have I Got New For You" Merton