Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Drones kill Christmas

Started by popcorn, December 20, 2018, 11:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: im barry bethel on December 23, 2018, 03:06:31 PM
22:00 GMT Friday to 11:00 Sunday isn't 2 days is it, it's a Friday night when fuck all is gonna happen then a Saturday to check out their statements, while firms are closed and people are away for Christmas, but if you think that is conspiratorial just wait till you read about a supposedly few wet leaves being enough to bring a rail network to a stop or an inch of snow causing gridlock on the roads

They spent 2 nights in the cells didn't they?

Where were you during the following hours?
I was at work.
Where is that sir?
Brnggg Brnggg, hello? Yes he was here, with several other people, all day.
Thanks, bye.

Doesn't take 36 hours does it?

Why were they even arrested in the first place? They must have had more than 'he had some toy helicopters' to actually arrest them both. But whatever they had was wasn't true as they have been cleared of any involvement.

gib

Any photos or footage of these so called drones?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: kngen on December 23, 2018, 03:14:50 PM
Blockchain signatures.

I've been editing reports about fucking blockchain and drones (separately) for the last month, so I'm delighted/incredibly depressed to be able to make this connection between the two.

Has there ever been a proposed blockchain 'solution' that gives any advantage over a rdbms?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gib on December 23, 2018, 03:30:01 PM
Any photos or footage of these so called drones?

There was one camera phone footage obviously taken outside of the no fly zone which was also unverified by bbc etc (ie just grey sky and drone)

im barry bethel

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 23, 2018, 03:29:38 PM
They spent 2 nights in the cells didn't they?

Where were you during the following hours?
I was at work.
Where is that sir?
Brnggg Brnggg, hello? Yes he was here, with several other people, all day.
Thanks, bye.

Yeah cause that's the procedure isn't it

Doesn't take 36 hours does it?

By the time the employer has confirmed his identity and made a written statement and got hold of Sandra in HR (who has left for her mum's in Lanarkshire) and dug out the time cards and jobsheet then yeah it does

Why were they even arrested in the first place? They must have had more than 'he had some toy helicopters' to actually arrest them both. But whatever they had was wasn't true as they have been cleared of any involvement.

And if you think Sussex plod look a clueless bunch of headless chickens now imagine how they'd look if they didn't investigate every line with their suspect and 6 months later it's revealed they had their guy but was released...just like West Yorkshire plod did with some bloke called Peter

St_Eddie

In a way, aren't we all drones?  In a way, aren't we all grounded planes?  In a way, aren't I talking absolute bollocks?

biggytitbo

Don't worry Carole is on the case!

Shouldn't take her too long to discover Putin is behind it.

biggytitbo

QuoteHe said there was no available footage of the drones and police were relying on witness accounts.

He added there was "always a possibility that there may not have been any genuine drone activity in the first place", but they were working on a range of information from members of the public, police officers and staff working at Gatwick who had reported otherwise.

Now that would be funny.

Icehaven

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 23, 2018, 05:45:15 PM
Now that would be funny.

Was even funnier when I said it on the last page.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on December 23, 2018, 05:49:16 PM

Guilty!!

The government, police and daily mail should all be sacked!!!

Blumf

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 23, 2018, 03:33:20 PM
There was one camera phone footage obviously taken outside of the no fly zone which was also unverified by bbc etc (ie just grey sky and drone, with the X-Files theme music playing)

FTFY

kngen

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 23, 2018, 03:32:17 PM
Has there ever been a proposed blockchain 'solution' that gives any advantage over a rdbms?

Haven't a fucking clue, mate.

Zetetic

Quote from: icehaven on December 23, 2018, 05:49:16 PM

Well, if we're fussing about such things...

Quote from: Zetetic on December 21, 2018, 05:59:41 PM
Perhaps we're at the beginnings of an epidemic of drone-hysteria.

Just to be sure that my post seems sufficiently prophetic, I've been reporting drone sightings in silly voices all over the shop today.

a duncandisorderly

footage from the drone itself or none of this happened & it was all a distraction devised by HM Govt while something really bad happens.

the double-glazing bloke's arrest is genuinely comical, in a dark way. 

"it has to be a white english bloke this time, or we'll have a riot on our hands."

"leave it to me sir. what's... um... how much can we pay them for their inconvenience?"

"ah, that's the beauty of the scheme.... we don't pay them at all. we set one of the rags up with photos & let them have it out in court."

Zetetic

If you dislike someone in the Sussex area, time to put in a phone call it seems.

batwings

Non-existent drones are among the hardest to protect against.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: batwings on December 23, 2018, 08:32:53 PM
Non-existent drones are among the hardest to protect against.

on the up-side, no planes will get hurt.

biggytitbo

If the drone does indeed not exist then it will have a lot in common with several other much hyped threats to the fabric of civilisation the last few years. [size=78%]. [/size]

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 23, 2018, 08:49:13 PM
If the drone does indeed not exist then it will have a lot in common with several other much hyped threats to the fabric of civilisation the last few years. [size=78%]. [/size]

monsters-under-the-bed as a control mechanism goes back to the dawn of civilisation, not just a few years. the church, for one....

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Can someone intern biggytitbo for 36 hours pls.

What I want to know is why we didn't have all this trouble years ago with remote-controlled model planes.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Mark Steels Stockbroker on December 23, 2018, 08:55:02 PM

What I want to know is why we didn't have all this trouble years ago with remote-controlled model planes.

it's all in this thread, a bit further back, if you can be arsed. :-)

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on December 23, 2018, 09:00:15 PM
it's all in this thread, a bit further back, if you can be arsed. :-)

Does it also have the solution to who put Bella in the Wych-elm? Not arsed otherwise.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Mark Steels Stockbroker on December 23, 2018, 09:12:59 PM
Does it also have the solution to who put Bella in the Wych-elm? Not arsed otherwise.

I don't actually know what that is. is it a 'game of thrones' thing?  dutch-elm disease would be my best guess.

gib

It makes perfect sense that today's UFOs look like drones, they always reflect the tech of the times.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: icehaven on December 23, 2018, 03:21:32 PM
The policeman in charge of the investigation was just on the news and said there's also the possibility there were no drones at all, which is mad.

But entirely plausible. Could be hysteria, like Zetetic says, or a prank caller. I've not been able to work out from the coverage who actually reported seeing the drones. Was it all members of the public?

Also, I see Ally Law has a new video up:

THE TRUTH ABOUT THE GATWICK DRONE..: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QdgGwwZM_Y

Which goes to show that people, including journalists, will believe any old shit.

Quote from: popcorn on December 23, 2018, 02:54:32 PM
It is art. It is beautiful. My family will be able to sell their void plane tickets for millions.

Congratulations, you've all been part of a "happening".

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 24, 2018, 01:57:49 AM
But entirely plausible. Could be hysteria, like Zetetic says, or a prank caller. I've not been able to work out from the coverage who actually reported seeing the drones. Was it all members of the public?

Also, I see Ally Law has a new video up:

THE TRUTH ABOUT THE GATWICK DRONE..: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QdgGwwZM_Y

Which goes to show that people, including journalists, will believe any old shit.

"I'm mad, me"

greencalx

I thought I saw some footage on the news.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: greencalx on December 24, 2018, 08:27:25 AM
I thought I saw some footage on the news.

Ha! As i said, it was a drone with a back drop of anonymous grey sky and someone saying "its above your head" - filmed outside. Even the news said unverified footage

popcorn

If there were never any drones it would explain loads of things, like the fact that at no point did anyone explain what the actual problem was. ie, in all the hours of TV I watched with my family waiting for news that day, no authority figure or whatever ever said "We've spotted the drone but it keeps disappearing" or "We know where it is but we're not sure what the safest way of taking it down is". It was all just hypothetical talk about the danger drones pose to planes and possible ways of dealing with them. If that makes any sense.