Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:40:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Drones kill Christmas

Started by popcorn, December 20, 2018, 11:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: popcorn on December 24, 2018, 08:51:19 AM
If there were never any drones it would explain loads of things, like the fact that at no point did anyone explain what the actual problem was. ie, in all the hours of TV I watched with my family waiting for news that day, no authority figure or whatever ever said "We've spotted the drone but it keeps disappearing" or "We know where it is but we're not sure what the safest way of taking it down is". It was all just hypothetical talk about the danger drones pose to planes and possible ways of dealing with them. If that makes any sense.

Preamble for clamping down on our post-brexit freedoms. Or testing the post-brexit chaos scenarios

BlodwynPig

Actually it is highly likely to be the latter. Can't simulate post-brexit "planes grounded" scenario, lets live role play it with complicity by media and emergency services... and airlines (remember extenuating circumstances - not obliged to compensate passengers)

Replies From View

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on December 20, 2018, 10:04:48 PM
Could this inspire copycat droning? Imagine someone launching a drone near Heathrow.

Drones on railway lines and bus lanes and stuff.

popcorn

Just sort of annoyingly going near shops.

Flouncer

Quote from: popcorn on December 24, 2018, 10:21:22 AM
Just sort of annoyingly going near shops.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a drone just sort of annoyingly going near a shop - forever.

greencalx

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 24, 2018, 08:49:53 AM
Ha! As i said, it was a drone with a back drop of anonymous grey sky and someone saying "its above your head" - filmed outside. Even the news said unverified footage

Fair enough I wasn't paying close attention at the time.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: gib on December 23, 2018, 10:59:05 PM
It makes perfect sense that today's UFOs look like drones, they always reflect the tech of the times.

Drone allegedly photographed at Gatwick 634 BC.

I'm pretty confident there was no drone in the first place. I took a day off work and went to Gatwick specifically to check and I saw nothing. I even flew my own drone over the site for several hours on Friday and I'm sure I would have spotted another one if it was there.

biggytitbo

Ohh apperently there were drones after all, but they were police drones looking for the drone.

Fambo Number Mive

Companies will use drones soon to spy on customers.

Drones will be used by reality TV shows to get better shots of contestants

BlodwynPig

Micro drones in public bathrooms

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 29, 2018, 11:28:50 AM
Micro drones in public bathrooms

Lawnmower man chuck berry does a bitcrushed laugh against a low polygon count backdrop

BlodwynPig

Replies From View

Once drones are properly regulated they will have to have the sound of [insert hilariously appropriate name here]'s voice coming out of them to justify them being called drones.

Haha!

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on December 29, 2018, 03:27:42 PM
Once drones are properly regulated they will have to have the sound of Father Fitzgerald's voice coming out of them to justify them being called drones.

Haha!

Replies From View

Very good!

Any more examples of famously droning people we can use?

NO, NOT 'REPLIES FROM VIEW' THAT ISN'T AN EXAMPLE OF IT.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on December 29, 2018, 04:17:37 PM
NO, NOT 'REPLIES FROM VIEW' THAT ISN'T AN EXAMPLE OF IT.

It bloody well is!

Replies From View

Blumf

Supervillain attempts to steal the Severn Bridge using a drone:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/31/man-arrested-for-flying-drone-off-tower-on-severn-bridge
QuoteA man has been arrested after allegedly climbing the Severn Bridge and flying a drone from it.

Avon and Somerset police were called to the M48 Severn Bridge, which connects England and Wales, at 8.10am on Monday.

Officers closed the road between junctions 1 and 2 in both directions to deal with the incident.

BlodwynPig

Jan 3rd, 2019: Severn Bridge sold to Italian investment company

Sebastian Cobb

Why did the guy flying the drone need to climb the bridge, isn't the point drones can fly?

BlodwynPig

Sebastian Cobb

Do they make drones that can carry a person in a harness yet? Like a less lethal jetpack or fan apparatus?

dex

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 31, 2018, 05:37:58 PM
Why did the guy flying the drone need to climb the bridge, isn't the point drones can fly?

The silly bugger was taking selfies at the top. As BA Baracus would say "He's on the jazz, man."

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah I suppose 'dickhead climbs bridge' earns you less clicks than 'dickhead climbs bridge WITH A DRONE'.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 31, 2018, 07:16:44 PM
Yeah I suppose 'dickhead climbs bridge' earns you less clicks than 'dickhead climbs bridge WITH A DRONE'.

Things that are less cool after adding "with a DRONE"?

Glebe

The drones are gonna gather together and attack humanity tomorrow.

king_tubby

Still waiting, you drone cowards.

BlodwynPig

It's back - now in Heathrow form, ha ha ha ha