Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:29:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Drones kill Christmas

Started by popcorn, December 20, 2018, 11:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Sorry lads, it was me.

That's them turned off now. Sorry!

hummingofevil

Is there any chance this isn't anything to do with drones and there is something else going on?

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: popcorn on December 20, 2018, 06:34:03 PM

Big net? Missile strike? Nuke from orbit? Battery rundown? Culprit discovered up a tree? What are the army going to do exactly?

How about an EMP strike? Sure that might be a disproportionate amount of collateral damage, but you've got to really show these people we aren't mucking about.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: hummingofevil on December 20, 2018, 06:37:13 PM
Is there any chance this isn't anything to do with drones and there is something else going on?

The Grinch?

Cuellar

Father Christmas actually turns up to spread joy and presents and a harassed mother of three who's been at Gatwick for 8 hours tears him limb from limb

danielreal2k

Is this still going on, I understand some of the better quality drones are French made...

If only Thatcher was alive we would have bombed France by now and shot the Drone and its Argentine owner.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: hummingofevil on December 20, 2018, 06:37:13 PM

"Drone or drones"

Are there still drones flying?

Bit odd. Also seem convinced its just one person. Id imagine a group of people, perhaps those protesting Christmas excess or the descent of Britain are behind this

Icehaven

Surely it's environmentalists innit?

BlodwynPig

buzby

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 20, 2018, 07:05:51 PM
"Drone or drones"

Are there still drones flying?

Bit odd. Also seem convinced its just one person. Id imagine a group of people, perhaps those protesting Christmas excess or the descent of Britain are behind this
The current thinking on PPRUNE is eco-terrorists, but they are a bunch of reactionary Mail readers over there.

BlodwynPig

Some old biddy who cant get to Lapland hopes we hang the culprits...

Mrs. Claus, is that you?!

Pijlstaart

Flying into gatwick this weekend, am very sad. Probably not even a terrorist, probably a young person doing it "for the vine". They're bored of sending abusive tweets to chris tarrant and jess phillips screwdriver and they've moved on to this. We'e all been real-life trolled and after 13 years of the last labour government, something has to change before someone gets hurt.

BlodwynPig

Some lovely desolation stories from the C4 correspondent - The ever entertaining Simon Calder. Kind of Coogan's no-one died in the inverse

Cuellar

bgmnts

Some people will be very dronely this christmas.

Replies From View

Cuellar

Viral marketing? Or is that a bit 2012?

Norton Canes

Has anyone interviewed the bosses of Heathrow or Stanstead..?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Norton Canes on December 20, 2018, 07:21:22 PM
Has anyone interviewed the bosses of Heathrow or Stanstead..?

They've been seen hovering around Gatwick

Lawful & official drones ought to be deployed.

Neomod

QuoteSupt Justin Burtenshaw, head of armed policing for Sussex and Surrey, described attempts to catch whoever was controlling the drones as "painstaking" because it was "a difficult and challenging thing to locate them".

"Each time we believe we get close to the operator, the drone disappears; when we look to reopen the airfield, the drone reappears," he said.

im barry bethel

I'm starting to develop a sneaking admiration for the fucker responsible giving the police and army the runaround

St_Eddie

Quote from: im barry bethel on December 20, 2018, 08:31:22 PM
I'm starting to develop a sneaking admiration for the fucker responsible giving the police and army the runaround

It's like a really shitty version of Grand Theft Auto.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Neomod on December 20, 2018, 07:41:45 PM

Yeah, I reckon their problem is a lack of manpower.  Someone needs to bang on a metal pole so more of their colleagues show up.

Sin Agog

Quote from: St_Eddie on December 20, 2018, 08:38:27 PM
It's like a really shitty version of Grand Theft Auto.

I bet even this remarkably deft drone operator couldn't finish that mission in Vice City.

alan nagsworth

What they should do is feed the drone MDMA and play some techno at it on full blast. It would come down pretty hard after that!!!

Nowhere Man

This doesn't look good for Corbyn.

buttgammon

Quote from: Sin Agog on December 20, 2018, 08:41:02 PM
I bet even this remarkably deft drone operator couldn't finish that mission in Vice City.

Finishing that mission is genuinely one of my proudest achievements in life; I wish I could put it on my CV. I'd leave off the fact that I didn't do it until about 15 years after the game came out, obviously.