Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:20:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ken Dodd: How Tickled We Were-Boxing Day 9 pm, BBC2

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, December 20, 2018, 03:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Bet I'm not the only person looking forward to this tribute to the great-and now, sadly, late-comic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bwdjxg

Glebe

Jittlebags

wooders1978

That's the wrong way to tickle Mary......

Loved him growing up - will be watching

Do you think there will be comments about him being a sad loner or will it be straight hagiography?

Can't wait to hear from the Diddymen.

"So we went down into the jam butty mine, started digging about and found £63 grand in £50 notes lining the walls. When we told Mr. Dodd, he went very, very quiet. I asked him if he was OK and he told me to 'mind your own fucking business you puppet prick'. Not like him at all. Mind, they're all blue these days, aren't they?"

Quote from: wooders1978 on December 21, 2018, 11:07:49 AM
Loved him growing up

I've heard the historical investigation's in train.

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on December 21, 2018, 04:58:24 PM
Do you think there will be comments about him being a sad loner or will it be straight hagiography?

Be fun if there's something less than positive-after all, Doddy seems to get nothing but beatification and sanctification.  I speak as someone who often found him funny, too.

Replies From View

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on December 26, 2018, 10:23:17 PMSaw it and it was good.

I too saw it (when it was repeated t'other night) and thought it was good.

Gave this a watch too. Worth a few chuckles, natch.

I thought the candid bit of studio footage from the sixties, when he gets cheesed-off at having to re-film the segment was amusing.  He mutters sarcastically-and, so he thinks, under his breath and inaudibly-to the presenter, then gets a shock when the studio audience laugh and the presenter points out they're still on-air-that is, being broadcast to the studio.

Replies From View

And the bit about the Beatles being impressed with him was good as well.

Good, all good.