Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:27:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PHWOARR (The Sexy Thread)

Started by 303, December 21, 2018, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on August 05, 2020, 10:23:38 AM
I wonder where "Phwoarr" comes from. It's not an actual word and seems to be unique to British people, but I don't think I've ever actually said it or heard it said by anyone aside from in text form.

You've never seen a Carry On film?

El Unicornio, mang

I have, many of them, but not in about 20 years, do they say "phwooar"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3VvnsAdMMQ

Edit: oh yeah they do!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on August 05, 2020, 10:50:38 AM
I have, many of them, but not in about 20 years, do they say "phwooar"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3VvnsAdMMQ

Edit: oh yeah they do!

It was Kenneth Connors catchphrase,  wasn't it ( although it might have been more of a " Cwoarr")?

Annie Labuntur

Famous Mortimer

I wonder where "Phwoarr" comes from. It's not an actual word and seems to be unique to British people, but I don't think I've ever actually said it or heard it said by anyone aside from in text form.
According to this wordy forum, the first use of it in print was Viz, in 1980. There's also a Telegraph article on the etymology but it's behind a paywall.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Annie Labuntur

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 05, 2020, 01:48:52 PM
According to this wordy forum, the first use of it in print was Viz, in 1980. There's also a Telegraph article on the etymology but it's behind a paywall.

As cited in the post immediately before yours, but there's another citation before it that presumably came to light after that forum post.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on August 05, 2020, 02:52:59 PM
As cited in the post immediately before yours, but there's another citation before it that presumably came to light after that forum post.
Ah bollocks, I mised that - must have assumed the post I was replying to was the last post.

Never seen Gregg Wallace eat a lasagna?

Annie Labuntur

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 05, 2020, 03:22:39 PM
Ah bollocks, I mised that - must have assumed the post I was replying to was the last post.
I mention it because the earlier example might have come out of the request in the forum link you posted. (I wonder if the inscription in the autograph book was written by Tony Blackburn himself, assuming it's him being referred to.)

Anyway, still nothing in the OED for hummener-hummener-hummener.

El Unicornio, mang

Thanks for clearing up the phwoarr mystery, guys.

I just came across this gif and thought "phwooarr" then realised it's the kid from Mad Men and felt like a right nonce

non capisco

EDIT: Check out this dunce etc.

kalowski

Swoz_MK

is she a BLUE MOVIE lady? because I want to see that

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Swoz_MK on August 07, 2020, 11:13:28 AM

Is that the same lady as the preceding pictures? Cos  in addition to looking like the result of Robert Crumb having Gepetto- like powers, she's an artist ( painter type) from Lithuania, rather than a naughty film lady type.

Famous Mortimer

All Surrogate

kalowski

In the film Hocus Pocus, Sarah Jessica Parker is really beautiful.

vainsharpdad

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 07, 2020, 11:42:23 AM
Is that the same lady as the preceding pictures? Cos  in addition to looking like the result of Robert Crumb having Gepetto- like powers, she's an artist ( painter type) from Lithuania, rather than a naughty film lady type.

It's not no - but she did remind me of her.

Quote from: Swoz_MK on August 07, 2020, 11:13:28 AM

She is indeed a 'special actress' -  called "Nathaly Cherie".  She's gorgeous - but completely filthy.

Even in that photo, she's holding something naughty just out of shot.

Here's another.

Blue Jam

jobotic

Quote from: kalowski on August 07, 2020, 06:12:13 PM
In the film Hocus Pocus, Sarah Jessica Parker is really beautiful.

Is she meant to look like there is a penis below her chin? That part of the film?

kalowski

Quote from: jobotic on August 07, 2020, 08:23:25 PM
Is she meant to look like there is a penis below her chin? That part of the film?
Yes, that's the "Pocus" part.

Jean-Luc Prickhard

Author Stephanie Scott. Her newest novel is "What's Left Of Me Is Yours" - well, I have a little bit something she could have.

Annie Labuntur

It's her only novel. Worst stalker ever.

Jean-Luc Prickhard

Quote from: willpurry on October 07, 2019, 12:52:41 PM
Brooke Van Ryssel.

Just, er, researching this thread and noticed willpurry's excellent suggestion. She's all about body positivity, I'm positive about her etc.

vainsharpdad

(removed)