Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,467
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:59:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PHWOARR (The Sexy Thread)

Started by 303, December 21, 2018, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Quote from: Head Gardener on March 05, 2019, 10:00:02 PM

Love the dad and the kid staring steadfastly ahead while mum and nan think "oh she looks nice"

Dex Sawash

Did a GIS trying to figure out wtf that was about. That isn't even the oddest image from that series of pics. Also found there are several forums discussing that image with users mostly critical of her toes or how fat* she is.

* I don't think she is fat, btw

kalowski

I wonder what went through that teenage boy's mind as 6 foot tall glamour model Taylor Hill stood around in his house wearing only a bikini?

"I've never noticed how high up our door handles are!"

dex

Quote from: kalowski on March 07, 2019, 06:38:49 AM
I wonder what went through that teenage boy's mind as 6 foot tall glamour model Taylor Hill stood around in his house wearing only a bikini?

"I've never noticed how high up our door handles are!"

Well his hands are strategically placed...

the

It's just a wanky staged fashion shoot.

Have people seriously never seen that type of door before? They're common in houses built in the 1930s.

Cuellar

My childhood home had door handles around that height.

That photoshoot is very reminiscent of my childhood all told, really.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Cuellar on March 06, 2019, 10:30:37 PM
Love the dad and the kid staring steadfastly ahead while mum and nan think "oh she looks nice"

I was hoping someone else would say the dad looks like Sam Allardyce to save me the bother.

BlodwynPig

5 foot 7 inches according to wikipedia - she must have been paying a visit to the last of the Hobbits.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 08, 2019, 01:01:31 AM
5 foot 7 inches according to wikipedia

No, she's 1.78 metres, which is about 5'8". I'm taller than she is. She looks like a giant in that photo. Is it the weird 1930s door that's making her look so big?

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 07, 2019, 01:54:34 AM
* I don't think she is fat, btw

I should add that I don't either.

kalowski

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 09, 2019, 12:33:12 PM
No, she's 1.78 metres, which is about 5'8". She looks like a giant in that photo. Is it the weird 1930s door that's making her look so big?
1.78m is around 5'10"

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: kalowski on March 09, 2019, 12:34:48 PM
1.78m is around 5'10"

Ah, I made the mistake of reading 5.8' as 5'8" in my converter. Still, she's about the same height as me and I don't make everyone else look tiny. Is this one of them Photoshop disasters?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 09, 2019, 12:33:12 PM
I should add that I don't either.

I find it odd that it even needs clarifying, she just isn't.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 09, 2019, 01:21:00 PM
I find it odd that it even needs clarifying, she just isn't.

Well, where Dex Sawash was looking, people were saying it, and this thread has plenty of unkind comments about women in it. My remark about her looking like a giant is not one of those but is entirely about the bizarre proportions of the picture.

That door, tho.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 07, 2019, 01:54:34 AM
Did a GIS trying to figure out wtf that was about. That isn't even the oddest image from that series of pics.

I think mum and gran have gone to the shops in the last one.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 09, 2019, 12:37:42 PM
Ah, I made the mistake of reading 5.8' as 5'8" in my converter. Still, she's about the same height as me and I don't make everyone else look tiny. Is this one of them Photoshop disasters?
You may have not looked that far down, but she is stood on her tippy-toes.

buzby

Quote from: dex on March 07, 2019, 09:03:43 AM
Well his hands are strategically placed...
If you zoom in, the lad is actually having a sneaky sideways glance at her arse.
Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 09, 2019, 12:37:42 PM
Quote from: The Culture Bunker on March 09, 2019, 05:55:30 PM
You may have not looked that far down, but she is stood on her tippy-toes.
Yes, which with would add another 2-3 inches.
Quote from: Bennett Brauer on March 09, 2019, 05:05:34 PM
I think mum and gran have gone to the shops in the last one.
The picture of her in the lads' bedroom is probably the funniest of the set. The lad is quite clearly looking at Lanthimos with an expression that screams 'Fucking hell, my mates in school are never going to believe this.'

Sebastian Cobb

The aesthetic of the room and the exposure/flash in those photos gives a real 'can't tell if this was taken decades ago in the UK or recently in Eastern Europe' vibe.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 09, 2019, 10:04:41 PM
The aesthetic of the room and the exposure/flash in those photos gives a real 'can't tell if this was taken decades ago in the UK or recently in Eastern Europe' vibe.

..or recently in the UK, only taken in 2016.

Bennett Brauer

Yes. A photoshoot for V magazine by Yorgos Lanthimos, director of 'The Lobster'.

BlodwynPig

what was the point of the photoshoot. What is the point of V magazine?

buzby

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 09, 2019, 10:45:39 PM
what was the point of the photoshoot. What is the point of V magazine?
It was advertising for the Ralph Lauren Polo Summer 2015 swimwear collection.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: buzby on March 09, 2019, 11:14:58 PM

I thought as much, but they just look like bog standard swimwear. No need to go to such lengths to advertise.

buzby

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 09, 2019, 11:45:35 PM
I thought as much, but they just look like bog standard swimwear. No need to go to such lengths to advertise.
On the contrary, for such ordinary-looking clothes you probably need to go further to get them noticed.
Not to rain on everybody's parade, bur the 'family' in the shoot were all models too. The kid is Jamie Goodkind, the dad is Joe Lee, the mum is Mary Robinson and the gran is Jean Brooks.

Neomod

Quote from: buzby on March 09, 2019, 11:14:58 PM

It seems to be a ripoff homage to the style of Richard Billingham.

or of course old smiler himself, Martin Parr.

rasta-spouse

So American model, American fashion house(?), Greek director - why has he gone for UK 70s/80s suburbia look?

Dogtooth had a 70s/80s feel to it, I suppose so maybe that's Yorgos' thing. But before knowing that the picture was from a 2015 shoot I assumed it was taken in Ireland in the 70s or 80s. I'd come up with a story in my head, as you do with confusing photos, about a young lady who was rebelling against a conservative culture. And now that story's gone. The photograph is rather excellent though, he's got the looks on all the faces just right.

biggytitbo

She can come and ponce about in my back bedroom in her pants if she wants.

buzby

Quote from: rasta-spouse on March 10, 2019, 01:35:13 PM
So American model, American fashion house(?), Greek director - why has he gone for UK 70s/80s suburbia look?

Dogtooth had a 70s/80s feel to it, I suppose so maybe that's Yorgos' thing. But before knowing that the picture was from a 2015 shoot I assumed it was taken in Ireland in the 70s or 80s. I'd come up with a story in my head, as you do with confusing photos, about a young lady who was rebelling against a conservative culture. And now that story's gone. The photograph is rather excellent though, he's got the looks on all the faces just right.

American magazine (V) as well. The magazine contacted him not long after he moved to London asking if he would do a fashion shoot for the 2015 Polo swimwear collection for them, and he came back with a number of ideas and visual references to work from which he then worked out with the magazine's editor to set up the locations, set dressing, extras wtc. As Neomod has mentioned above, it seems those references may have included the work of Richard Billingham and Martin Parr (I would lean more towards Parr, as his photos are more staged than Billinghams).

bomb_dog

You know you're getting old when you find prospective MPs for Gloucester attractive.

Fran Boait, Labour.

Had a Labour flyer through the door today. Just on the off-chance there's an election shortly.