Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:09:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kingdom Come Deliverance

Started by The Boston Crab, December 21, 2018, 04:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm really into immersive wandering around stuff and this looks like one of the best around, sounds crushingly boring but meant to be very atmospheric. I enjoyed The Witcher 3 primarily as a walking sim because the actual gameplay was a total cunny farm. Likewise with Skyrim, adore it mostly for walking and soaking up that vibe. This has started great, a dad smacking the mum's arse and saying he's gonna thump his kid if he doesn't wake up. I also like the idea of not playing the conquering hero, just playing a peasant with a boring life. The language is already needlessly sexualised considering he's talking to his mum. Very ribald and the constant threat of violence from the dad is really true to life.

Anyone played this? Might put a few hours in tonight because I'm home alone and ill and I want to escape to a medieval paradise.

Lemming

Played it through recently, it's pretty good. The sleeping and eating system is just a massive fucking ballache, it's exactly like those Skyrim mods where it just feels like an annoying extra where you have to carry a load of bread around in your inventory and click on it when the hunger icon shows up.

The combat is ace though, it takes a little while to master but when you know how to chain strikes, how to feint attacks, and how to land blows to the head then you're in business. There's plenty of ways to go through the game and it has the very appealing option of being able to go through the game without killing a single person (bar one dude who you have to kill as part of the story).

Protip if you do play it: Learn archery because it's basically cheat mode when the big battles start, and don't bother with stealth, it fucking sucks and you just get seen no matter what.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Whew check out Magnus Magnusson over here!

Cheers for the tips, Lemmo. I'm going to sink into this like a peasant into his always obliging wife's twat.

Timothy

They still havent fixed all the gamebreaking bugs on PS4 and the game is utter shit so if you can still trade it in I would.
Its absolutely awful. Like I said in the other thread this is thr worst game of 2018 imo.

Unfortunately I haven't bought a physical copy of a game in about four years. Will be good enough to just walk around in. 27 quid is the price of a pint these days anyway.

Thursday

Developer is a gamergater, therefore he and the game are cancelled forever. No more discussion about this game, I'm afraid.

I saw someone on Era or some place ranting that he was a 'gg' but I thought they meant 'good gamer'. It doesn't have any PoC and the women are all maids or prozzies or something but if ever a game was laboriously historically accurate with genuine reason, it's this one. And the reason is that the guy is allegedly a massive racist and sexist. I guess as disappointing as that is, I'm not in the slightest surprised because more than half of the people in the US and the UK are racist, sexist, homophobic and support the death penalty. I lived in China where that figure was probably 99% so I feel more or less hopeless about the human race now.

Lemming

Yes, Daniel Vavra is indeed a sad bastard. His nonsense doesn't seep into the game's plot too much, thankfully. There's the occasional "YOU WHAT MATE" moment but he knows how to reign it in and keep his awful personality and poisonous (or, at the very least, hyper-dodgy) views from affecting the game.

He's also put himself physically in the game, as it's one of those mo-cap games where the in-game models are actual people, and you get to laugh at his absolutely godawful acting, which is a bonus. Moreso when he's in the presence of Brian Blessed, who's character you meet towards the end of the game. It's basically the actual Brian Blessed acting alongside Vavra doing a terrible Brian Blessed impression.

Zetetic

Henry sounds dull as fuck, which I imagine is historically accurate at least.

Worth a fiver in 2022?

Lemming

I'd go as far as saying it's worth a tenner in 2019.

wooders1978

You have to grind the fuck out of it to be basically good at anything - fine if that's your thing but it would fucking tedious