Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:55:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Songs you love playing (but actually, on the guitar or piano or whatever)

Started by Ferris, December 22, 2018, 01:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Don't Be Shy by Cat Stevens is a nice one. A lot of stuff by the Beatles. The solo from Til There Was You. A lot of Tom Waits stuff on the piano.

And you?

Neomod

When my old band would rehearse we would swap instruments and play Rain by Les Beatles.

Ferris

maett

Substitute by The 'oo
and
Alone Again Or by Love  both badly and on guitar.

a duncandisorderly

I'm a bass player with a smattering of keyboards, but I can manage 'hotel california' (just the chords) on guitar.

SteveDave

Ferris

Speaking of nice chunky chords - Honeypie by the Beatles.

You can keep a bassline running with the low E-string and do the odd slide down to other chunky chords which is immensely satisfying. I think it's after you play the higher Eb you can get a Bb slide down to the G bar chord. Mmmmmm.

flotemysost

When I was massively procrastinating on writing my dissertation, I taught myself to play most of the Yann Tiersen Amelie soundtrack on the piano - easy enough for someone like me with zero sight-reading skills/general musical ability to learn, but quite satisfying to plink out now and then.

Also, Go or Go Ahead by Rufus Wainwright on acoustic guitar (the intention was to attempt to sing along but I never got that far).