Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:01:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hello it’s Dannyhood91 here with a shit Christmas song to show you

Started by Dannyhood91, December 23, 2018, 02:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannyhood91

https://youtu.be/ZOBvRs4btvE

Taking a song about two people who hate each other stuck in a cycle of abuse and alcohol addiction lamenting being stuck together on Christmas that has all the pathos and comedy of a James Joyce story, thanks in no small part to Shane McGowan unique vocals and the absolute angel that is Kirsty McCall and having it turned into something that people who own bread making machines, live love laugh signs and all the Harry Potter books can listen to while glamping at Glastonbury but keep ringing home to make sure the maid is feeding the dogs.

MacColl. I am not a fan of the track but I doubt that the performers intended it to be on a loop with Mariah Carey, Band Aid and similar shite.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

So you think the song is good but are insecure about it because people you don't like think likewise?

biggytitbo

The best solution I have heard to the problematic 'faggot' line

QuoteYou scumbag, you maggot, you taped over Taggart

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Given both vocalists are inhabiting characters, what exactly was found problematic about faggot aside of people who simply don't want to hear the word in any context?

biggytitbo

Dannyhood91

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 23, 2018, 03:07:40 PM
So you think the song is good but are insecure about it because people you don't like think likewise?

I'm insecure but I do actually think it's shit

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 23, 2018, 03:45:21 PM
The best solution I have heard to the problematic 'faggot' line

I like:

QuoteYou scumbag, you maggot, you laugh at Bob Saget

But yours is better admittedly.