Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:07:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Beavis and Butthead

Started by MortSahlFan, December 23, 2018, 05:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuteBanana

Quote from: anonymousguy on December 24, 2018, 12:45:36 AM
Absolutely love this episode. About once every couple of years, apropros of nothing, myself or my brother will suddenly remember that particular scene and start quoting it, and we'll crack up again like it was the first time we ever saw it.

"OK, time for roll call! Buttkiss!"
"here, ehehehehe"
"Gaylord! Highman!"

Having said that, agree fully with SMBH. Beavis & Butthead was always consistently funnier, but King of the Hill has more depth and heart and general watchability to it.

Hymen?

MuteBanana

Quote from: non capisco on December 23, 2018, 06:42:46 PM
I think I've said it before on here but I stand by it, "I am The Great Cornholio! You will cooperate with my bunghole!" might be the finest line of dialogue in cinematic history.

And his chat with the old lady on the bus where she talks about slots(slot machine) and he thinks shes cool because shes talking about sluts. Fuck knows where they're going but she's all 'Lotta slots where we're going'.

popcorn

Quote from: non capisco on December 23, 2018, 06:42:46 PM
I think I've said it before on here but I stand by it, "I am The Great Cornholio! You will cooperate with my bunghole!" might be the finest line of dialogue in cinematic history.

This is one of my favourite ever bits of dialogue:

QuoteMuddy Grimmes: I'll pay you 10 grand plus expenses, all payable after you do her.

Butt-head: Uh, do her?

Muddy Grimmes: That's right, do her. I'm offering you $10,000 plus expenses to do my wife. We got a deal?

Butt-head: Uh... Yeah, we'll do your wife.

Muddy Grimmes: [showing a photo]  Here she is, boys. Her name's Dallas. She ain't as sweet as she looks. She stole everything from me. You gotta watch out, 'cause she'll do you twice as fast as you'd do her.

Butt-head: Whoa.

"she'll do you twice as fast as you'd do her". Exquisite.

hummingofevil

"Attention homeowners!!!" - TV commercial

"Pay attention Beavis." - Butthead

—-

Those laughs. I loved them so much being about the same age as them when it first came out.

VelourSpirit

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: dex on December 24, 2018, 11:14:59 AM
Not only were the video "reviews" comedy, but as a youngster watching these episodes in the 90's got me on to some good bands -normally the types MTV wouldn't bother with.

Office Space as said before probably Judge's best work but that's not to say there was no gold with BnB. Come to Butt-head uh-huh-huh-huh-huh.

Same here with the music. Beavis and Butthead and The Word got me into a lot of good bands. In fact, I think Kurt Cobain said the greatest compliment he ever received was when B and B liked one of his songs.

Phil_A

I loved the episode from the revived series where Butthead think he sees Beavis crying and taunts him about it for years and years

"So, like, yesterday, you were crying."
"WAS NOT!"
"Dude...you were moved."

imitationleather

Quote from: Phil_A on December 24, 2018, 04:38:05 PM
I loved the episode from the revived series where Butthead think he sees Beavis crying and taunts him about it for years and years

"So, like, yesterday, you were crying."
"WAS NOT!"
"Dude...you were moved."

Haha. Forgot about that one.

"Don't worry Beavis, it's okay to be moved."

Doesn't that end with Butt-Head dying in the old folk's home and Beavis reversing his wheelchair and then driving it into his corpse while shouting "I was not crying, and I'm not now either!"? Sure it does.

Enzo

Agent Bork:
Chief! Ya know that guy whose camper they were whackin' off in?

Agent Fleming:
Bork, you're a federal agent! You represent the United States Government! Never end a sentence with a preposition.

Agent Bork:
Oh, uh... Ya know that guy in whose camper they... I... I mean, that guy off in whose camper they were whacking?

Pauline Walnuts

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

You can read people's posts without registering an account, non?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 24, 2018, 05:41:20 PM

He/she is also posting.  Everything about that account is wrong.

billyandthecloneasaurus

I absolutely love it.  Daria is wonderful as well, though obviously barely connected in terms of writers etc.

I have commandeered a lot of their music video criticism for my own purposes.  A slightly low-key one, but my favourite is probably when Beavis says, in response to Hayfever by Trashcan Sinatras, that Britain is "where everyone talks like a wuss".  Great.

St_Eddie

All this talk of Beavis and Butthead has convinced me to download a torrent of all the episodes.  Kind of weird that it's taken me this long to even contemplate doing so.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Unfortunately they'll likely be ripped from the DVD's, so the music bits won't be there. Copyright is a beeyatch.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 24, 2018, 06:44:06 PM
Unfortunately they'll likely be ripped from the DVD's, so the music bits won't be there. Copyright is a beeyatch.

Gah!  This simply will not stand!  I demand the full experience when I steal my entertainment!

billyandthecloneasaurus

The usual fReE cArToOnZ streaming type places have all the videos intact, and the whole series torrent I got about 10 years ago had the videos as well.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 24, 2018, 05:41:20 PM

There was a time on the old forum (?) that you couldn't read without an account.

madhair60

The full series torrents have all the videos. If you're on Multiple Sclerosis private tracker there's an even better torrent, smaller size and better quality

phes

One of my favourite put-downs is episode one or two from season 3 which opens with Seinfeld on letterman. They watch a shit joke that goes something like

"What is it with these shaving foam aerosols and their naked flame warning? Cos whenever I'm having a shave I'm always thinking hey let's fire up the Bunsen burner..."

Beavis just switches the channel. No response, just nothing. Seinfeld gone forever from their universe without even a semblance of thought (though they do go on to attempt stand up)

toetoe

Quote from: St_Eddie on December 24, 2018, 06:36:22 PM
All this talk of Beavis and Butthead has convinced me to download a torrent of all the episodes.

While i wanna buy DVD's.

I'm guessing "The Complete Collection" from 2017 is the go-to set?

Captain Crunch

From the book 'Reading Sucks'

Adjusting your set
Batting practice
Being your own best friend
Changing your oil
Cooking some sheet meat
Dishonourable discharge
Doing some rapid one-arm pull-ups
Emptying the payload
Fathering some pleasure
Firing your squirt gun
Fist-kebabing
Freeing the willies
Getting your palm read
Going back to nature
Gunning the motor
Hitting the batsman
Homecoming
Honing the bone
Ironing some wrinkles
Junior Olympic pole vaulting
Knuckling your knob
Launching the hand shuttle
Lectrifying the cattle prod
Letting some air out of your tyre
Manning the cockpit
Mashing the monster
Measuring for condoms
Milking your banana
Peeling the carrot
Playing hand hockey
Playing the pipe organ
Pud wrestling
Punching your way into heaven
Roasting your weiner
Rolling your jam joint
Roughing up the suspect
Self-whittling
Sending out the troops
Shaking the thermometer
Shifting gears
Shooting some seeds
Snake charming
Soloing
Spear fishing
Speed kneading
Spreading the mayo
Squeezing out the toothpaste
Staff meeting
Taking a shake break
Taming your snake
Threading the needle
Throttling the bottle
Tossing the javelin
Tugging your tapioca tube
Tuning the antenna
Virtual sex
Visiting Mr. O
Walking the log
Wedding rehearsal
Whitewater wristing

Brundle-Fly

Breakin' the law, breakin' the law!

Loved the show. Have most of the eps on VHS somewhere in the attic. Bought loads of merch at the time too.

This book had a TV remote that had SFX quotes from the show.

A personal fave moment.

Chas Smash - foreign exchange student!
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3vbzxm

magval

Quote from: toetoe on December 27, 2018, 07:23:07 PM
While i wanna buy DVD's.

I'm guessing "The Complete Collection" from 2017 is the go-to set?

There's no complete set, just a series of compilations. A lot of the reviews for that set mention this. Torrents indeed seem the best option.

phes

Quote from: famethrowa on December 23, 2018, 09:56:00 PM
In the midst of all the 90s grunge and slacker cynicism, seeing the boys' love for our very own Les Tosseurs is quite heartwarming:

https://youtu.be/qQOI8NyFiEA

They did love a good groove. My memory is a bit rusty but I'm sure they used to like stuff like Deelite, M.A.R.R.S and I definitely remember them shaking their ass to Whoop there it is

On the other hand their disdain for and mispronunciation of Aha (also thinking they're Brits) and T'Pau was brilliant too

Captain Crunch

a duncandisorderly

I was always impressed by the way mr judge did both voices.

Malcy

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on December 28, 2018, 08:36:32 AM

He seems a very shy person. I watched an interview with him and the host is obviously trying to get him to do the voices and he seems a bit reluctant.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on December 28, 2018, 08:36:32 AM

I remember that being a bit of an urban myth at the time, people would say "you'll never believe this but..." in the same way they would talk about the woman from Black Box being a big menopausal woman.

Anyway I only found out THIS YEAR that Quinn, Helen and Jane were all done by the same actor.  Still struggling to come to terms with it. 

chveik

Quote from: Captain Crunch on December 28, 2018, 08:36:24 PM
Anyway I only found out THIS YEAR that Quinn, Helen and Jane were all done by the same actor.  Still struggling to come to terms with it.

Fuck my hat, I didn't know that!