Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:18:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best Way To Search Amazon Prime Video?

Started by Malcy, December 23, 2018, 08:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Is a fucking nightmare. Worse than it used to be. I've got a few days of a trial left and want to watch stuff but most things I click on need to be paid for.

The recommendations they give are mostly American and very limited in number. Surely there must be a way of searching by genre, country, etc?

hermitical

hermitical

When you say search what do you mean?

If you search for something you just use the search box and then refine by Prime. If you are just browsing then the page I linked to is a start

hermitical

This might help? I use the newly arrived pages for Prime and Netflix but have never tried the search pages

http://amzprime.maft.uk/catalogue

Malcy

Quote from: hermitical on December 23, 2018, 10:02:50 PM
Have you tried clicking on 'Included with Prime'?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/storefront/ref=nav_shopall_aiv_piv?filterId=OFFER_FILTER%3DPRIME
Page is Prime only and includes genres etc

Quote from: hermitical on December 23, 2018, 10:04:39 PM
When you say search what do you mean?

If you search for something you just use the search box and then refine by Prime. If you are just browsing then the page I linked to is a start

Thanks, both of these are a help. I've been using my Fire stick to browse what they have and it only gives you a few rows of titles but loads of pay stuff and stuff that's only available with subscriptions to countless other things.

These will make it a lot easier. When I was searching for specific titles they were always pay only. Was lucky to find Nightbreed free. Hadn't seen it in years.

hermitical

ah, I've literally no experience of these usb/tv things - never even considered that's what you might be doing, all my viewing is done on a laptop nowadays. I imagine searching via a tv interface could be a pain in the arse

Malcy

Quote from: hermitical on December 24, 2018, 07:05:49 AM
ah, I've literally no experience of these usb/tv things - never even considered that's what you might be doing, all my viewing is done on a laptop nowadays. I imagine searching via a tv interface could be a pain in the arse

Sure is!

Dex Sawash

I add stuff to my viewing list on computer or tablet/phone in desktop mode then it is in my to watch list on the Roku.

Malcy

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 24, 2018, 01:31:21 PM
I add stuff to my viewing list on computer or tablet/phone in desktop mode then it is in my to watch list on the Roku.

That's what I'm now doing. Makes it so much easier!

Sebastian Cobb

Just watch is a search engine that'll tell you what streaming service a certain film is on.

I use it all the time.

https://www.justwatch.com/uk/search?q=videodrome