Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:20:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

80 year old mince pies discovered

Started by biggytitbo, December 24, 2018, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-46638212

QuoteA tin of mince pies baked during World War Two has been put on display after being discovered immaculately preserved under the floorboards of a hotel.

I know a man who'd live to tuck into those

biggytitbo

I've posted this in the wrong forum. Please forgive me, it's Christmas.

Dex Sawash

Christmas cracker joke-

What kind of secret agents hide in a bakeries?

Minced Spys

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Bah! That use of the word "discovered" prevents me from posting 'The Fall Consider Rewrite'.

Also, this is probably the only time I'll come into the technology forum, so make the most of me, Technocunts.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 24, 2018, 08:04:49 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-46638212

All I can ever think of nowadays whenever something like this comes up is that awful Ashens guy leaning in with his fork and sarcastically muttering "eurgh it tastes of rot, deary me modern mince pies are so much fresher than these.  Nice one 'the past' for not being the same as today."

There you go, tied it into the Technology forum for you, insofar as a YouTube channel counts as Technology.

Fambo Number Mive

Would you eat a WWII mince pie for money? What about if it let you do a Good night Sweetheart.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 25, 2018, 01:29:23 PM
Would you eat a WWII mince pie for money? What about if it let you do a Good night Sweetheart.

It let you become a bigamist?

Fambo Number Mive

Travel back to the 1940s I mean. You bit into one and it took you back to the day the pie was made.

Ferris

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 25, 2018, 03:57:15 PM
Travel back to the 1940s I mean. You bit into one and it took you back to the day the pie was made.

Would you need to take a modern pie with you (a tesco finest or similar) to bite into to return to the modern times?

biggytitbo

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 25, 2018, 03:58:54 PM
Would you need to take a modern pie with you (a tesco finest or similar) to bite into to return to the modern times?
[/quote
That's a good point
Probably
Someone needs to try it.

biggytitbo

I think if you want to be logical about it you'd probably return back to the present day by either sicking the pie up, or doing a big pieey poo.

Ferris

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 25, 2018, 05:32:35 PM
I think if you want to be logical about it you'd probably return back to the present day by either sicking the pie up, or doing a big pieey poo.

That would certainly make the most sense.

Fambo Number Mive

So you'd have to bung yourself up if you wanted to stay longer than a few days?

If you only ate the pie, would you not do any poo? How much pie would need to be in the poo for you to return? Or is it any amount?

biggytitbo

When I eat a pie I poo the entire pie out almost intact as I can't digest pies.

Replies From View

If you took the WWII pie back with you to WWII and ate a bit more of it before having your WWII pie poo, would you

a) Stay a bit longer in WWII because of the extra WWII pie in you that isn't pooed up when you do your WWII pie poo

or

b) Find that you go back even further in time because somehow the WWII pie has a cumulative effect.

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on December 25, 2018, 07:28:30 PM
If you took the WWII pie back with you to WWII and ate a bit more of it before having your WWII pie poo, would you

a) Stay a bit longer in WWII because of the extra WWII pie in you that isn't pooed up when you do your WWII pie poo

or

b) Find that you go back even further in time because somehow the WWII pie has a cumulative effect.

I think it's a, Chris.

biggytitbo

What a stupid question. NO WW2 PIE COULD EVER TAKE YOU FURTHER BACK THAN WW2.

Glebe

I don't care how old they are, I'd scoff the lot, eh readers?

READER'S VOICE: You certainly don't 'mince' your words! Chortle!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 25, 2018, 06:57:36 PM
When I eat a pie I poo the entire pie out almost intact as I can't digest pies.

Big tip - You are supposed to chew them rather than swallow them whole

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 25, 2018, 09:27:32 PM
What a stupid question. NO WW2 PIE COULD EVER TAKE YOU FURTHER BACK THAN WW2.

But what if it only takes you back to WWII by chance, because actually what a WWII pie does is take you back in time 75 years?  Then multiple pies would take you further back and we wouldn't need no gobshites like you telling us otherwise.

Nobody will know before they properly sit down and eat the things, which they are categorically not doing.  It's all talk talk talk.   OOOH BUT THEY ARE WWII PIES WHICH MEANS THIS.  NO.  SHUT UP AND EAT.

Replies From View

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 25, 2018, 10:13:28 PM
Big tip - You are supposed to chew them rather than swallow them whole

Mastication is another one of those conspiracy myths that needs to die with the AIDS needle.

biggytitbo

It's not a WW2 time travel pie if it takes you back 75 years then is it? It would only coincidentally be a WW2 pie between the years 2014-2020, eat it in any other year and you'd miss the entire conflict. An actual WW2 time travel pie would always take you to the fixed period of 1939-45, regardless of when you eat it. IF YOUR TIME TRAVEL PIE DOES NOT DO THIS THEN DON'T CALL IT A WW2 PIE PLEASE.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 26, 2018, 11:45:15 AM
It's not a WW2 time travel pie if it takes you back 75 years then is it? It would only coincidentally be a WW2 pie between the years 2014-2020, eat it in any other year and you'd miss the entire conflict. An actual WW2 time travel pie would always take you to the fixed period of 1939-45, regardless of when you eat it. IF YOUR TIME TRAVEL PIE DOES NOT DO THIS THEN DON'T CALL IT A WW2 PIE PLEASE.

IT IS ONLY CALLED A WWII PIE BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE ASSUMING THAT TAKING THEM BACK 75 YEARS MAKES IT A WWII PIE RATHER THAN A 75 YEAR PIE

WILL PEOPLE PLEASE JUST EAT THE FUCKING PIES AND TELL US WHAT HAPPENS I AM SICK OF ALL THIS SPECULATION

SHOW NOT TELL PLEASE CHIBNALL

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 24, 2018, 08:06:26 PM
I've posted this in the wrong forum. Please forgive me, it's Christmas.

56. 50 year old chicken vs. Technology Pie

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on December 26, 2018, 01:09:31 PM
56. 50 year old chicken vs. Technology Pie

Hoping that goes to a gapeoff canapeoff