Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:05:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Click and collect

Started by kalowski, December 24, 2018, 11:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

I enjoyed it very much. Gentle show that was obviously full of hints of Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I fell about at the bottle of fizzy Coke, and the "Tupac was shot on the Sunset Strip 20 years ago and they still haven't caught his killer," line.

BritishHobo

Aye. I wished it could have been longer, as it often had to rush to hit certain story beats, but ultimately it was a nice, sweet little thing, perfect for Christmas Eve.

St_Eddie

This was rather sweet and lovely.  A gentle bit of Christmas TV for all the family.  I did think that it was rather predictable at several junctures and more than a bit mawkish.  Overall though, endearing and a nice slice of Christmas viewing.

Cuellar

Yeah, mawkish and formulaic but still fun enough. Sort of thing you expect at Xmas innit.

Laughed at Merchant's delivery of the line about not wanting to kiss the pound as it had been in a tramp's pocket.

easytarget

re-watching this right now.
it's fucking lovely.

Mobius

More heart and sincerity than anything Gervais has ever done

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I remember watching this last year with my elderly parents. We all laughed and felt a proper sense of "Aww, that was a lovely Christmas thing" afterwards. That's all it ever set out to be, so job done.

It's Christmas Day, so let's not be negative... but yeah, there's just no sodding way on Earth that Gervais could even begin to conjure up something as genuinely nice as this. Stephen Merchant was the heart of that duo.*

* I know he didn't write Click and Collect, but everything Merchant has done sans Gervais has been warmer - and kinder - than anything Gervais has done on his own.

olliebean

FWIW, I've not watched it yet but Fighting With My Family, the film he directed about wrestling, is on Netflix now.

SteK

What happen to that drama about Stephen Port that Merchant starred in? Seems to have disappeared. Merchant looked well creepy in the set photos..

Schnapple

Quote from: SteK on December 25, 2019, 12:14:51 PM
What happen to that drama about Stephen Port that Merchant starred in? Seems to have disappeared. Merchant looked well creepy in the set photos..

It's on some time in the New Year.