Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:32:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone here subscribe to the Gittins Patreon?

Started by Ringside, December 26, 2018, 04:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringside

If so, how is it? I love the Gittins and Friends podcast so I'm toying with signing up. It's taken me a long time to come around to the idea of Patreon, but Boldsworth's regularly updated one has me looking for more.

DrGreggles

I'm on it. It's worth it for the extra long pods.

BritishHobo

Easily worth it. Without doing him down, you don't have to chip in much to get the good stuff - early podcasts, longer podcasts, bonus bits, videos of recordings, good chatting from Earl.

DrGreggles

On the extended Sleaford Mods one, for example, David is asked to ad lib a lengthy version of 'All Creatures Great and Small', which is one of my favourite moments from any of the podcasts so far.

Ringside

Is there a video version of every episode since the Patreon started?

Ron Superior

Hope, the videos only go back a little while and there haven't been vids of the last couple cos his camera's broken. But he warned the Patrons about that, and he's recently really upped the amount of stuff he's been doing with the Patreon. As mentioned above, some of the extra podcast bits justify the money alone.

DrGreggles

He's just uploaded a 'Best of 2018' pod to Patreon, which will probably be released on other channels in a few days.

Might be a good introduction for anyone who hasn't got into BG&F yet.
Or, alternatively, it might be totally baffling!

gmoney

I hope it's a compilation of David singing different lyrics over the same tune.

DrGreggles

There is some singing in there.
Well, 'singing'...

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 02, 2019, 08:45:57 PM
He's just uploaded a 'Best of 2018' pod to Patreon, which will probably be released on other channels in a few days.

Might be a good introduction for anyone who hasn't got into BG&F yet.
Or, alternatively, it might be totally baffling!

Available everywhere now.

DrGreggles

The Barry Dodds episode is fucking hilarious!

BritishHobo

A certain impression David does of a relative experiencing ghostliness might be my favourite noise he's ever made.

Moonshine

Oh wow. How long after appearing on Patreon are they usually released? An Edwards Dodds combination is something I need

DrGreggles

Quote from: Moonshine on February 10, 2019, 02:51:00 PM
Oh wow. How long after appearing on Patreon are they usually released?

Should be out this week.

DrGreggles

The pilot episode of his Gossipmongers podcast with Joe Wilkinson has been uploaded on Patreon. Very silly and enjoyable. I laughed a lot.
Not sure if/when it'll be released elsewhere, but hopefully the positive feedback will mean it's out soon.

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 22, 2019, 10:52:01 PM
The pilot episode of his Gossipmongers podcast with Joe Wilkinson has been uploaded on Patreon. Very silly and enjoyable. I laughed a lot.
Not sure if/when it'll be released elsewhere, but hopefully the positive feedback will mean it's out soon.
I bloody loved that.  The "Indian Incest" and "WellieBaby" stories in particular creased me up.  Thought the music got a bit intrusive at points, personally, but I really hope there's more of these.  And I'm glad David' Earl's finally doing a few things as himself.  I loved the Gittins podcast where he was playing Brian and Steve "Cumbo" Cumberland at the same time, and nearly broke character admitting that he was going to struggle to keep a 2-way conversation with himself going for 40 minutes.

I really like David Earl.

BritishHobo

Yes! Loved it. You can feel how much they're all genuinely making each other laugh, and it's really cool to hear Poppy involved. Oddly found the robot stuff really worked too - nice ambient music, and I kinda like that the robots are always part of his stuff. I'm relistening to the Spreaker shows and I forgot how much Peter the robot made him laugh. I love that people from the Spreaker shows - David, Poppy, Charles - have ended up being heavily involved in his later stuff.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Moonshine on February 10, 2019, 02:51:00 PM
Oh wow. How long after appearing on Patreon are they usually released? An Edwards Dodds combination is something I need

Today

Moonshine

Just listened to it. Brilliant. The whispering, shouting about video nasties had me floored

BritishHobo

I'd quite like to set David's impression of his sister being dragged up the stairs by a ghost as my ringtone.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Moonshine on February 25, 2019, 07:07:47 PM
Just listened to it. Brilliant. The whispering, shouting about video nasties had me floored

Me too.
No idea why that would be so funny but, as soon as David started yelling in the distance, I was gone.

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 22, 2019, 10:52:01 PM

Out now: https://play.acast.com/s/gossipmongers/episode1

DrGreggles

Full series of Gossipmongers starts next month following the response to the pilot.

Desperately trying to remember some rumours so I can join in.

BritishHobo

I'm not sure I've ever heard any rumour that could top Welly Baby.

DrGreggles

The bar has been set pretty high!

The one about my old French teacher in the public toilet just won't cut the mustard.

Just wanted to bump this to say Joe's requested gossip for the next Gossipmongers ep and Brian said the other day he thinks one piece of gossip has actually topped Wellybaby.

Second episode of Gossipmongers has just been put up on the Patreon page, and is equally as good as the first one.
Laughed a LOT. 

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on March 30, 2019, 10:04:27 PM
Second episode of Gossipmongers has just been put up on the Patreon page, and is equally as good as the first one.
Laughed a LOT.

Just heard it.
GOOD FUCKING GOD!

#pooroldlen