Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:25:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone here subscribe to the Gittins Patreon?

Started by Ringside, December 26, 2018, 04:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Yeah, it's not they're obligated to say something, or that we're owed a response, or even that it's right to automatically believe the other party. It's just that it's an unavoidable fact of a horrible unexpected situation like this, that if only one side of a story is available, that's the side everyone is going to hear.

I definitely understand his trepidation, especially when you see all the shit pouring their way on Twitter - it probably seems like responding would just add fuel to the fire. Social media at the moment is definitely a terrifying beast if you're on the wrong end of it.

Maybe it's just the naivety that comes from never having been in the public eye, that makes me think it's better to respond with your side in some form. And maybe they still will, once they've taken some time. Who knows?

Ahh it's a fucker when stuff like this happens.

SteveDave

There are two great stories on the latest episode-
Spoiler alert
the Chicken and Wank Bunglow
[close]
but didn't they already do the last one? About the new build where things go missing or move around? The owner gets a surveillance camera and it's revealed that
Spoiler alert
the concierge is letting people fuck on her bed as he watches and wanks?
[close]
I swear that was done in series 3.

DrGreggles

David puts some 'teaser' stories on his Patreon as s4 was being recorded.
It could have been on there.

batwings

Has there been anything more said by David, Joe or Poppy about her leaving? Want some gossip.

tinner777

Jesus, what a balls up by them both. There's a little chat saying Poppy had been depressed, which makes this even worse if true.

SteveDave

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 21, 2020, 01:33:34 PM
David puts some 'teaser' stories on his Patreon as s4 was being recorded.
It could have been on there.

I don't think it was. It might've been on some other podcast but I swear on my lips and my teeth it was on Gossipmongers.

Bernice

I'm pretty sure I remember it on an episode of Gossipmongers too (don't subscribe to the patreon so it couldn't have been a teaser).

DrGreggles

sutin

I have all the 3rd series + Xmas special on my hard drive. I'm definitely gonna upload them somewhere to spite those twats for taking all the old episodes down.

tinner777

Yeah, it is. I always get a least one LOL out of it which is pretty good for a free 30 minute thing I'd say.

DrGreggles

David Earl's Twitch has become a lockdown fixture for me, now he's away for a month filming Brian & Charles I don't know what I'll do without regular TwatSportz action.

Really looking forward to seeing how the filming goes though, as I thought the short he made was fantastic.

kitsofan34

That TwatSportz opening song in particular is a genuinely good song.

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

On Boxing Day someone calling themselves The Griddle released a full documentary on David Earl's (Twitch) cricket tour of India from the summer:
https://www.twitch.tv/the_griddle/video/850745596
Brilliantly done.

Drygate

Sorry I'm late to the party but did anything happen regarding the Poppy sacking? Just heard her on another pod and it piqued my interest.

bgmnts

Wasn't David Earl a nobody who Gervais gave a break on Extras? Seems a bit weird he'd be so cutthroat.

It's a shame because Poppy brought something a bit different to it, not a huge fan but she definitely made the dynamic different. Now it's just two lads like everywhere.

I did discover her knob drawings on twitter though after finding out about this, so definitely a positive.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Drygate on June 19, 2021, 08:51:03 AM
Sorry I'm late to the party but did anything happen regarding the Poppy sacking? Just heard her on another pod and it piqued my interest.

She claims she was sacked, David and Joe say she wasn't.
Depends who you believe really.

Drygate

If they say she wasn't sacked, do they mean she quit?

Seems strange she would make up the story of being fired via her/their agent.

Crabwalk

The fact they tried to ignore that anything had even happened and purged the entire prior history of the show certainly leads me to a pretty certain conclusion. Where have they addressed the issue since, Greggles?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Drygate on June 19, 2021, 11:25:31 AM
Seems strange she would make up the story of being fired via her/their agent.

Almost as if she had a new podcast to promote when she said it on Twitter...

FWIW, I'm on David's Patreon and watch his Twitch, and he said that the 3 of them had agreed not to talk about it publicly (so there was obviously some disagreement). He then started getting loads of abuse on Twitter and that's how he found out what Poppy had said. He was streaming that day and seemed genuinely upset at what she'd said, but didn't elaborate other than to say it wasn't true.

DrGreggles

David shared this image from the Brian and Charles credits.

Edwards had no idea he was called Oliver.

Drygate

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 19, 2021, 11:46:09 AM
he said that the 3 of them had agreed not to talk about it publicly

That was nice of the two lads.

wooders1978

I don't know how many of you caught it but at the height of lockdown when he was doing his cumbo plays sims twitch/YouTube (which was brilliant) he did a "test" stream and was talking to his wife I guess and was saying that "someone" (Poppy?) was bitching/sniping about "someone" (Joe?) to David and "doesn't realise what an arsehole she sounds like" etc

Putting two and two together and possibly getting 5 but it's what makes sense given her sudden departure

N.b. The audio was apparently not meant to be heard but seemed quite loaded and intentional that he wanted folk to hear it

Tokyo van Ramming

Surprised no-one called Dr Greggles has mentioned it yet, but there's a new Gittins/Edwards podcast as of today (for Patrenots) called Green Hope, based in a pub where David Edwards might be the landlord, but maybe he just works there I don't know.

It's an expansion on the pod really, with Brian throwing David into normal situations and David coping badly, so of course it's great and if you like the fucking podcast you'll probably like this too.

DrGreggles

It was on Patreon last year, so glad it's been made available to the plebs.
Edwards does the best floundering.

Tokyo van Ramming

DrGreggles

Everything is on there first - it's great!