Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:32:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone here subscribe to the Gittins Patreon?

Started by Ringside, December 26, 2018, 04:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyo van Ramming

I love Brian and David's stuff so I'll re-subscribe. When the '& Friends' went quiet there didn't seem to be any point.

I just spent a long time typing out my Brian story but I'm not sure how to word some of it.

DrGreggles

BritishHobo

I jumped off Earl's Patreon a while back as I was trying to make little savings in my monthly budget - am I missing much at the moment? I remember listening to the first two or three Green Hopes and enjoying them, but I think it fell victim to the fact that I've got fuckloads of Ian Boldsworth/Barry Dodds podcasts still to listen to, so it all got too overwhelming. Green Hope and David Edwards doing Around The World etc. Probably weren't actually that many podcasts in retrospect, but it felt like it was all piling up. I do miss the Earl/Edwards combo and would like to get back on it.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 25, 2021, 10:55:05 PM
I jumped off Earl's Patreon a while back as I was trying to make little savings in my monthly budget - am I missing much at the moment?

Not really. He's been shooting the Brian & Charles film and series 2 of The Cockfields, but normal service will resume in August/September.

I'm a Patreoner and really enjoying the daily Chatabix podcasts and the new, occasional crossword video streams.
Not remotely interested in cricket so gave those streams a swerve when he was doing them, but glad we'll be getting more David Edwards soon.

BritishHobo

Jumped back on board after seeing Brian and Charles and remembering how obsessed I am. I've caught up with Green Hope - gutted there only appear to be seven episodes, as they're so good. God I've missed David Edwards' enthusiasm.

What else is good on the Patreon at the moment? I've not listened to any Chatabix yet.

Ron Superior

I'm a huge fan of David Earl and have been on his Patreon for a good few years, but it's pretty slim pickings at the moment. He does a weekly show about films with David Edwards which is nice, but doesn't really do any of the squeezing massive laughs out of him by keeping him on his toes with excellent leading questions like he did on BGAF or Green Hope. And that's it really. Wish he'd do more Green Hope or something. Them 2 together doing stuff like that is amazing.

Chatabix is really hit and miss. David and Joe are really funny together, but it's an incredibly frustrating listen, with way too much moaning about how shit the podcast is, texting each other about things they can't talk about etc. Shame cos when they're on they're great.

However, within Chatabix they have a run of episodes called Canal Boat Thursdays which is phenomenally funny. Definitely worth going through all them. There's only been about 8. Ooh, actually the first one's boring, but it's worth sticking with it.

And I don't know if you saw, I mentioned it in the Brian & Charles thread but David Edwards has just started a podcast with the guy who played him on the Cockfields called Metro Retro, which is three episodes in and good fun. Ben does a good job of getting that David Edwards je ne sais quoi type of thing.

Dragging up an old thread here, but does anyone per chance at all have any copies of the old David Edwards videos etc? (Around The World, Q&As, Podcast commentaries). All the older stuff on Patreon has disappeared as the videos were deleted.

I still listen to & Friends regularly and love Dave Edwards with a passion. I enjoy the RMG podcast of course, but do miss those out & out Dave Edwards comedy treats.

Any extra slices of Dave Edwards to throw at me?

Ron Superior

I'm afraid not. I stopped doing David Earl's Patreon ages ago and should have got the links for the YT vids, although are you saying that he's actually got rid of those YT vids? If so, I wonder why. I got bored of Random Movie Generator too so haven't kept up with that either.

It's a shame David Edwards stopped doing his Twitch stream and all videos have gone from there too, and he stopped doing the Metro Retro podcast too. Hope he's OK.

DrGreggles

Quote from: DarrensFridgeFreezer on September 19, 2023, 02:29:31 PMDragging up an old thread here, but does anyone per chance at all have any copies of the old David Edwards videos etc? (Around The World, Q&As, Podcast commentaries). All the older stuff on Patreon has disappeared as the videos were deleted.

I still listen to & Friends regularly and love Dave Edwards with a passion. I enjoy the RMG podcast of course, but do miss those out & out Dave Edwards comedy treats.

Any extra slices of Dave Edwards to throw at me?

I might have a couple of full Twitch vids from the podcast commentary days. I'll DM you.
Wish I had more, as I'm pretty sure that David Edwards is my favourite person in the world.

Quote from: Ron Superior on September 20, 2023, 06:54:32 AMI'm afraid not. I stopped doing David Earl's Patreon ages ago and should have got the links for the YT vids, although are you saying that he's actually got rid of those YT vids? If so, I wonder why. I got bored of Random Movie Generator too so haven't kept up with that either.

It's a shame David Edwards stopped doing his Twitch stream and all videos have gone from there too, and he stopped doing the Metro Retro podcast too. Hope he's OK.

I only subscribed to his patreon at the beginning of the year (I'm still not entirely sure why I only just subscribed, considering how much I love love love & Friends) and a load of the old videos weren't available on there to my earth-shattering disappointment. I messaged David Earl on there and to be fair to him he replied saying he has lost/deleted the videos by accident and apologised.
I then discovered that the extended & Friends episodes are not videos and indeed are still on there, and that more than justified the price for me.

I'll be honest I do love RMG and it's lovely to see Dave Edwards in his element talking about his impressive range of film knowledge, but I do sorely miss the & Friends version of both Davids.

I think Edwards is just focusing on RMG these days - I'm not aware of him doing any comedy currently, which is about the saddest thing ever.

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 20, 2023, 07:49:52 AMI might have a couple of full Twitch vids from the podcast commentary days. I'll DM you.
Wish I had more, as I'm pretty sure that David Edwards is my favourite person in the world.

That would be absolutely amazing, thank you!

P.S. you're only pretty sure? He is absolutely the best person in the world.

Recent Chatabix with Tash Demetriou was very funny. It came about after she texted her disappointment to them about their Acaster ep.

She also mentioned that her latest buckles pod happened as they were trying to write something together and started recording.  Is that news? Not sure and I may be misremembering but give it a listen and you can correct me.