Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:29:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone here subscribe to the Gittins Patreon?

Started by Ringside, December 26, 2018, 04:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Good choice for winner. All the best rumours have that element of weird horror.

DrGreggles

Tony Way episode of Gittins & Friends up on Patreon.

DrGreggles

The new Gittins pod with Colin Hoult is bloody hilarious.
Best podding shed so far.

BritishHobo

Forgot to say this before, but my favourite moment yet came in episode 4, when someone claims to have confronted the lad who supposedly wanked in school, and got told 'Of course the story's true. Don't you know who I am? I'm Gayboy Roy, and I fuck my dad.' I love how fucking blatantly stupid it is, like the laziest lie ever.

DrGreggles

I like how they seem to have no prior knowledge of what they're about to read out, so the reactions are genuine.

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 28, 2019, 02:10:16 PM

Available now.

McFlymo

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 28, 2019, 02:10:16 PM

Agreed.

David's performance at the end and their commentary ....

Such a great build up and pay off.

The new Gossipmongers is possibly my favourite so far.

The use of a certain song in this new ep is a ballsy choice.

BritishHobo

The payoff to the devil/train story, and their enjoyment of it, is so funny. I love hearing when something just properly makes them laugh.

DrGreggles

Gossipmongers is the best thing that has happened this year.

David's tweeted that there'll be one more episode and then a 3 month break.

Does anyone know if there's been news on Gossipmongers? It's been a month since I saw the tweet about one more episode but the episode didn't come out. Has there been an update I missed?

DrGreggles

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on June 22, 2019, 10:57:31 PM
Does anyone know if there's been news on Gossipmongers? It's been a month since I saw the tweet about one more episode but the episode didn't come out. Has there been an update I missed?

David and Joe have been filming recently, so it might have been delayed.

Yeah, I knew about the filming, but I thought I remembered David saying he'd edited the episode.

BritishHobo

Catching up on BG and Frienda. I think David's Skype chat with his himself as his brother in the Jordan Brookes episode is one of the funniest bits so far. Poor David struggling against his own aggressive impression of his brother, criticising everything he says.

DrGreggles

trabuch

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of Gossipmongers. User generated content. I prefer the Gittins podcast - that's what I signed up for. I'll get over it, when I listen to it.

BritishHobo

I see what you mean, but I really like that they're exploring that niche of obviously bollocks stories every town/village/school in the country has. Not sure of any other podcast that does that sort of thing.

DrGreggles

Quote from: trabuch on July 27, 2019, 11:56:42 PM
I'm not sure if I'm a fan of Gossipmongers.

I am. I think it's fucking hilarious.

whatabulb

Quote from: trabuch on July 27, 2019, 11:56:42 PM
I'm not sure if I'm a fan of Gossipmongers. User generated content. I prefer the Gittins podcast - that's what I signed up for. I'll get over it, when I listen to it.

the gittins podcast is without a doubt the funniest thing that i have experienced in the last decade.  just edwards' random turn of phrase or odd inflection will have me laughing randomly a month later eg:

what's that rollercoaster called, david?

"holy smokes", brian! because that is certainly what you will be saying as you go on it!

i mean come on.  and not a single mean spirited or "shocking" element to it.  not that there's anything wrong with that but it makes an interesting change of pace in the world of uk comedy.

gossipmongers on the other hand is just random made up stories that people have sent in.  quite funny, but mean spirited, but would  probably prefer it if they dropped the pretense that any of it is anything other than some random matey's flight of fancy?  can see it getting watered down and monetised into some kind of tv game show.

will be genuinely sad when the gittins & friends podcast ends in the coming months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptbHwaKkWg4

DrGreggles

Quote from: whatabulb on July 28, 2019, 01:32:38 PM
gossipmongers on the other hand is just random made up stories that people have sent in.  quite funny, but mean spirited, but would  probably prefer it if they dropped the pretense that any of it is anything other than some random matey's flight of fancy?  can see it getting watered down and monetised into some kind of tv game show.

Not sure how it's mean spirited.
It's a celebration more than anything.

Quotewill be genuinely sad when the gittins & friends podcast ends in the coming months.

He said that it wouldn't be ending on Patreon the other day.

whatabulb

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 28, 2019, 02:01:00 PM
Not sure how it's mean spirited.

the mean spirited element for me is the continual stories about "the weird family/man/kid" in the small town, with accompanying made up story about how they fucked dogs and everyone shouted dogfucker at them every time they saw them, or whatever.

i grew up in a small town and the lot of the weird family(tm) was indeed an unhappy one!

most of that as i say is a result of the conceit that these are actually true stories.

He said that it wouldn't be ending on Patreon the other day.

result.