Author Topic: Anyone here subscribe to the Gittins Patreon?  (Read 16694 times)

Re: Anyone here subscribe to the Gittins Patreon?
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2019, 02:11:39 PM »
been working my way back through the back catalogue and just listened to the steve cumberland episode. 

quite the thrill to listen to a man genuinely skirting on the edge of madness and fully aware of it ha

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2019, 02:37:30 PM »
No one claims that they're true stories though.
The whole point is that they're gossip and rumour, and how ridiculous they are.

gmoney

• Hug a jug of wine
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2019, 12:45:05 PM »
Who does the music for Gossipmongers? It's great.

Interesting that their swear-vocab its quite limited. They've all never heard of "shart" or "nipsy". I'm sure there was something else as well.

Noddy Tomkey

• F U, stamp licker
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2019, 12:46:35 PM »
I think the music's by David Earl.

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2019, 10:03:17 AM »
Late to the party but I'm greatly enjoying Gossipmongers so far.

I've just finished episode 2 and got many a strange look when listening to the story about the widower and the "widow"

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2019, 10:14:03 AM »
Late to the party but I'm greatly enjoying Gossipmongers so far.

I've just finished episode 2 and got many a strange look when listening to the story about the widower and the "widow"

Was that 'Poor Old Len'?
I think that was my favourite so far.

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2019, 10:26:07 AM »
Was that 'Poor Old Len'?
I think that was my favourite so far.

Yeah "Her head's come off" Poor Len.

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2019, 02:17:04 PM »

I've been binge listening to the Gittins Podcast the last couple of days after a false start last year and they're bloody great. So glad I gave it a second chance. Such a unique way to do a podcast and, at 45-50 minutes per ep, the perfect length (podcasts should leave the listener wanting more, not have them looking at the running time going "over a fucking hour to go?! cc:@mattgourley).

Not sure about the Gossipmongers podcast, though. My mate put me onto it earlier this year but I couldn't get over the nagging thought that anyone could make up a truly weird story and submit it as a "true rumour". Do they ever address this in the show or am I simply being too cynical?

gmoney

• Hug a jug of wine
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2019, 04:37:26 PM »
I'd imagine over half of them are made up bollocks, but does that really matter? I think as long as they seem plausible. It's usually the way the story are told that makes them funny.

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2019, 08:28:48 AM »
I enjoyed the "Space Worm" story but not as much as the one about the teacher who thought bungee jumping was abseiling and traumatised hundreds of children with her bloodcurdling screams.

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2019, 09:43:21 PM »
I'd imagine over half of them are made up bollocks, but does that really matter? I think as long as they seem plausible. It's usually the way the story are told that makes them funny.

You might be right. Having got heavily into the Gittins podcast I'm happy to give it another try. I initially found the idea too similar to (I think) and Earwolf podcast where the hosts read out descriptions of listeners dreams - Again, no way of proving they're true and people might be eager to get them read out so will just make up any old bollocks.

Speaking of Earwolf, Charles the robot on Gittins' podcast has more personality, charm and better comic timing than a lot of "proper" podcast co-hosts.

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2019, 09:57:54 PM »
You might be right. Having got heavily into the Gittins podcast I'm happy to give it another try. I initially found the idea too similar to (I think) and Earwolf podcast where the hosts read out descriptions of listeners dreams - Again, no way of proving they're true and people might be eager to get them read out so will just make up any old bollocks.

Speaking of Earwolf, Charles the robot on Gittins' podcast has more personality, charm and better comic timing than a lot of "proper" podcast co-hosts.

Yeah, but most co-hosts don't have the advantage of being able to download the latest Third Mic software update to their motherboard.

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2019, 11:01:23 PM »
The latest Gittins pod, with Dave as a radio DJ, is amazing!

"That was Bruce Springsteen and he certainly had a spring in his step... while tip-toeing around the napalm in Vietnam..."

« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2019, 11:30:22 PM »
I got a question onto the new one. A career high after having my gossip cast aside.

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2019, 11:13:18 PM »
The latest Gittins pod, with Dave as a radio DJ, is amazing!

"That was Bruce Springsteen and he certainly had a spring in his step... while tip-toeing around the napalm in Vietnam..."

Immediately one of the best episodes of the whole podcast. So glad it came back.

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2019, 11:41:19 AM »
There's still time to vote in the Gossipmongers Final between Gay Boy Roy and Spaceworm.

Vote GBR! He fucks his dad.

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2019, 11:44:47 AM »
Both phenomenal options but Spaceworm gave me a stitch I was laughing so hard. #TeamSpaceworm

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2019, 02:33:13 PM »

So glad I got into the Gittins podcast - They're an absolute joy.

I really love the world that Gittins has built and the different sound environments they visit each episode.

It's so refreshing to have a nicely edited and produced comedy podcast. As much as I like the format where the listener is essentially eavesdropping on a conversation between two or more comedians for 90 minutes or so, these 45 minute episodes are very welcome.

David Edwards is quite something, isn't he?

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2019, 02:36:13 PM »
So glad I got into the Gittins podcast - They're an absolute joy.

I really love the world that Gittins has built and the different sound environments they visit each episode.

It's so refreshing to have a nicely edited and produced comedy podcast. As much as I like the format where the listener is essentially eavesdropping on a conversation between two or more comedians for 90 minutes or so, these 45 minute episodes are very welcome.

David Edwards is quite something, isn't he?

I've only heard one (with Annabelle Knight) but I had to stifle a laugh (on a bus) when Brian said he was leaving and naming all the stuff he was taking. It was the flag sound effect being so realistic that got me for some reason.

« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2019, 11:24:40 AM »

"Stop shouting!
"Don't point!"
"Don't shout!"
"Stop pointing!"

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2019, 12:08:14 PM »
Quite right!

« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2019, 07:27:44 PM »
just pop those away...

« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2019, 10:19:08 PM »
back in the holster...

« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2019, 09:28:17 AM »
It’s just a matter of
It goes without saying
Type of thing

Noddy Tomkey

• F U, stamp licker
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2019, 10:16:14 AM »
Absolutely.

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2019, 07:29:13 PM »
I find David Edwards fascinating as I very much relate to him. We're both born in 1978, grew up in Sussex on the coast, both did film studies at college, as a I kid I used to say "Chiles" instead of "Charles" (must be a Sussex accent thing that Edwards can't shake), I'll even often pre-empt his answers (not sure if that's a good thing) and I've been told off for pointing too much when I get carried away talking about something.

Pretty sure I saw him do character stand up at my local comedy fringe festival in 2016/17 but will have to check.

Tags: