Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:05:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone here subscribe to the Gittins Patreon?

Started by Ringside, December 26, 2018, 04:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Just been listening to one of the old episodes where David explains how kind his mum is by describing her as "a Lenny Henry figure".

DrGreggles

Good day to be on Gittins' Patreon!

- Brian Gittins and Friends - the lost episode
- Brian and David Q & A video

Blimey, that lost episode took a turn. Was listening on my commute and forgot it wasn't a normal episode so it startled me a bit how quickly it fell apart. I'll stop shouting/ pointing now.

Wasn't the walk out planned? Sure I remember seeing it discussed on the patron.

Oh yeah, just read the Patreon comments. Bloody convincing! (must stop shouting, quite right)

Dusty Substance

Definitely staged but very nicely staged. It's got a few people on social media asking questions and Luke McQueen has been sharing tweets asking him what happened. A lovely Christmas treat.

McFlymo

ooooo it was staged was it? Fuck! Then that was some good acting, after his exit.
At one point I thought there was going to be a big reveal, like he'd come back in and the entire cast would go "Gotcha! Merry Christmas everybody!" but I was totally bought in and also thought, "naw, sure they recorded this months ago!"

bgmnts

Just got into Gossipmongers and bloody hell some very very funny lines in it.

BritishHobo

I'm catching up with series 2 - the Space Worm is appallingly brilliant, or brilliantly appalling.

DrGreggles

Gossipmongers makes me laugh out loud.
I don't care how untrue they are - if it's a well-written bullshit, I'm in.

Dusty Substance

New episode appeared during the week, with guest Steve Oram. The first since the "lost" episode at Christmas.

Quite right.

DrGreggles

That was from last year on the Patreon.
Apparently they had a recording day recently though, so expect some more Edwards Gold soon.

DrGreggles

Some fantastic stuff going up at the moment.
The pilot episode of 'Around the world in 80 days with David Edwards' was uploaded earlier and there was a hilarious car interview with him a couple of days ago.
Plus all the extended versions of podcasts are there.

I really recommend it.

BritishHobo

Fuck I hope Around The World becomes a proper series.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 22, 2020, 05:07:14 PM
Fuck I hope Around The World becomes a proper series.

I honestly haven't laughed as hard in AGES.

Watched this late last night and it was exactly the lift I needed. That third or fourth return to the swimming pool, fuck me.

DrGreggles

"I'm locked in the courtyard again!"
Had to pause this multiple times due to laughing, but I completely lost it at that line. I think it was the use of the word 'again'.

Episode 2 just arrived and judging from the country David's dropped into it's going to be a belter. I'm trapped in work for a few hours yet but am going to savour this one tonight.

New ep of Gossipmongers today too. Christ I'm glad for these diversions.

If anyone has a few quid to spare (not a given sadly), the content is top quality and being produced at a remarkable rate right now.

Crabwalk

Gossipmongers Series 3 Episode 1 is now available.

beanheadmcginty

I already knew two of the stories in this episode. The toilet vomit punch one was told to me by a mate at uni 20 years ago who swore it happened to someone he knew. And the alien in the cupboard one is pretty well known generally and I think it was extremely well advised that they censored it.

Dusty Substance

Ten minutes into the new one with Carl Donnelly and already laughed twice until it started to hurt. Firstly at David saying
Spoiler alert
"Eco skellington"
[close]
and then again at
Spoiler alert
"Half a century"when he meant five hundred years.
[close]

Crabwalk

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on March 25, 2020, 01:56:38 PM
I already knew two of the stories in this episode. The toilet vomit punch one was told to me by a mate at uni 20 years ago who swore it happened to someone he knew. And the alien in the cupboard one is pretty well known generally and I think it was extremely well advised that they censored it.

Pleeeeeease tell me how true alien in the cupboard rumour ends. Spoilered or DMed, however you prefer. I MUST KNOW.

batwings

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on March 25, 2020, 01:56:38 PM

Is it similar to this?:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wardrobe-malfunction/

beanheadmcginty

That's the one I was thinking of. Kid with Down's Syndrome is the way I heard it.

Dusty Substance

These quiz podcasts are hard work. Just found myself yelling "Torquay! It's obviously Torquay!" in my empty void of a flat.

DrGreggles

Literally crying at the stories about the bullshitter on the new Gossipmongers.

trabuch

I am very much enjoying the ups and downs of Cumbo playing Sims on twitch.

wooders1978

Quote from: trabuch on April 08, 2020, 04:11:31 PM
I am very much enjoying the ups and downs of Cumbo playing Sims on twitch.

Me too - unlucky in love is Steve

Catchphrase wankers appearing in the chat already with choccy pud pud amongst others tho

SteveDave

I'm glad I'm not listening to the light bulb story in public.