Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:05:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

ResetERA

Started by The Boston Crab, December 26, 2018, 07:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Genuinely hate these tryhard pricks trying to pick fault with everything and dictate the gaming consensus and find shit to be outraged about. The irony is that the vast majority of the cunts used to watch high school anime paedo shit, go on 4chan and use the word 'faget' ironically.

They just realised they were next in line to get hauled over the coals so they abandoned irony and now they double the fuck down on the woke shit. I wouldn't go into battle against the right wing with any of these fickle unprincipled pricks on my side. They just want to be on the winning team. Utter cunts. I'm on the same side as these pieces of shit and yet their very existence proves that utopia can only ever be a fantasy.

I'm lucky I never signed up for the place because I would be banned and my employer (the UK government) would probably terminate my contract.

madhair60

There are quite a lot of people on Era, is it possible you're generalising somewhat?

I'm on there and find it quite easy to ignore the boring stuff and just talk about games.

madhair60

Community that effectively replaced enormous gaming community NeoGAF after the owner of NeoGAF was accused of sexual harrassment and etc. It's basically the same as NeoGAF but far more performatively woke.

I'd argue, though, that annoying "wokeness" is still better than what NeoGAF is like at the moment.

If you also don't know what NeoGAF is I apologise for the drivel I just typed.

bgmnts

I remember NeoGaf. It was appalling.

Lemming

The idea of megathreads acting as sort of individual communities is pretty cool. I read a Star Trek one and a Magic The Gathering one a few times and it seemed relatively free from performative woke shit. I guess MtG doesn't offer much opportunity for wokeness, but Star Trek does and it seemed alright - there was the occasional diversion into social justice topics at the expense of actual Star Trek talk, but it was related to the topic at hand and the discussion always re-railed fast enough.

Stayed away from the actual videogame-based section of the site because I've long given up hope of any good gaming discussion online.

The biggest problem I had with Era - other than that I didn't really find the community funny or interesting, for the most part - was that the userbase is too big, and everything moves so fast that I couldn't be fucked with it. Either refresh every 5 seconds and devote over an hour a day to reading the latest posts, or get left behind. Screw it.

I'm semi-convinced that politicising gamers in a leftward direction was a deliberate ploy to undermine the economic left.

Quote from: madhair60 on December 26, 2018, 09:51:49 PM
There are quite a lot of people on Era, is it possible you're generalising somewhat?

I'm on there and find it quite easy to ignore the boring stuff and just talk about games.

I've had a good think and concluded that it's every registered member of that forum.

madhair60

That's fair. I know you're an analytical chap, and you've obviously put thought into this matter. I'll defer to you

Reading a thread about the Melee competitive scene. I want to see every poster's head on skewers outside my castle. How does anyone get to be like these people or talk that way? I would honestly love their DNA to be erased from the big broth.

Lemming

Post quotes. Can't go over there myself as I'm too fearful of getting sucked in.

I can't do it, wish I could delete the thread. Just don't like all their fannying around, think they could all do with a proper punch. Bit of reality. Give them a good winding.

Thursday

Went and signed up here as they sound like my kind of people. Thanks for the recommendation.

Twed

https://www.resetera.com/forums/etcetera.9/

Look at their po-faced General Bullshit section. Absolutely zero personal expression, just a bunch of unbearably centrist headlines. I have spent five minutes ever browsing that forum and already found two separate people declaring their love for Joe Biden. Are they all over 50?

Twed

What the fuck is this place? Why are they all so insipid?

Twed

I'm with Bosto, I want these fucks erased. I'm feeling hate crimey

Thursday

I mean they are gamers, not to give them a free pass or anything, but I just don't find myself getting angry about the very small percentage of them that AREN'T harassing female game developers and journalists.

Twed

But what if they're really ineffectual and wet? You should be angry about that because it's irritating.

Thursday

Hmm looking again, and there's a couple of anime threads, so they're definitely all paedos-in-denial. Okay fine.