Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,475
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:56:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Benny Profane

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, December 28, 2018, 05:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Because I heard them on Peel in 1990, I idly put them on my Amazon wish list a while ago, which was then given to my Mrs to buy my Xmas pressies, so now I have a compilation of their albums. I will report in a few days, but do they have any fans round here?

Bastro were on the list as well. 2 bands I remember him playing that got no mentions anywhere else.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

A former member of Benny Profane once complimented me on my Boss Hog t- shirt at a Fall gig, circa 1992. HTH.

another Mr. Lizard

Can't say I'm an obsessive fan or owt but I did buy 'Skateboard To Oblivion' on 12". Probably around the same time as buying Bastro's 'Diablo Guapo' LP. Both overdue a repeat spin.

hermitical

Benny Profane were one of the many bands my Economics teacher put on and I DJ'd at whilst I was at sixth form and a mate who BP were his favourite band at the time. I didn't really pay much attention to them as I was more into US noise and hardcore - but as they are being mentioned in the same breath as Bastro maybe I will revisit.

Bastro, big fan, saw them in London supported by Happy Flowers. Saw Grubbs a few years ago as part of a trio and it was beautiful.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

I can't explain why I link the 2 bands together. Either they were doing Peel sessions at the same time, or near the same time. Isn't there an archive of recording/transmission dates for Peel sessions? Or they both had albums out at the same time and he was playing them.

hermitical

Just a couple of weeks between sessions in Jan 90 it seems