Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:58:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

When Was The Last Time You Played "Spacemoth" by Stereolab ?

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, December 28, 2018, 12:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

It's the second track on their 2001 album "Sound Dust", its second half may well remind CABbers of a certain vintage of the jingle for (Coffee tastes nicer with ) Coffeemate, and it's a fucking brilliant tune. If you haven't played it for a while, you should play it today. If you have never actually heard it before then you should *definitely* play the fucker. Then it shall remain in your head for the remainder of the day, and the remainder of the day shall be all the more pleasant for it.

McChesney Duntz

Hah! Funnily enough, I had that very song (and the one that follows it, "Captain Easychord") in my head this morning - one of the more pleasant earworms in recent memory. Sound-Dust is an underrated album, I think (and Mary Hansen's last, sadly), and one that should hold a special place in the hearts of all CaBbers, because of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7WeSMj49_E

hummingofevil

Sound Dust was the cut-off for me where I started to lose interest with them.CAPTGPVITMN had some great bits but was over long and after that and Mary dying I kinda gave up on them. Can't wait to see them next year mind.

Went into record shop in Wrexham yesterday and guy running it was playing The Free Design. I complimented him on his selection and we had a little chat and I said "so you got any rare Stereolab 12s to sell me?". He looked at his collection and said "You going to be very disappointed!" which made me laugh. "Think Blues. Classic Rock."

Got a copy of Shannon's Let The Music Play, a Weather Report live album and an Inner City remixes record with the Magic Juan version of Big Fun so wasn't too bad at all. Also had lovely collection of Gary Numsn picture disks but I'm skint.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on December 29, 2018, 12:03:09 AM
Hah! Funnily enough, I had that very song (and the one that follows it, "Captain Easychord") in my head this morning - one of the more pleasant earworms in recent memory. Sound-Dust is an underrated album, I think (and Mary Hansen's last, sadly), and one that should hold a special place in the hearts of all CaBbers, because of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7WeSMj49_E

I'm not going to click on to that link- It's " Nothing To Do With Me " !!!! ( I actually havenae clicked onto that link, but I know that's what the song will be. Another fine composition. )