Author Topic: The Orville II - The Wrath of Deathmask Face  (Read 2104 times)

Malcy

• This is a Post Office isn't it?
    • Twitter
Re: The Orville II - The Wrath of Deathmask Face
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2019, 10:41:16 AM »
That was the best yet. The big battle was superb.

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2019, 10:11:25 PM »
I liked those two eps well enough, but the damned music was ridiculously OTT.

Great realisation of the world, and I liked Yaphit's fighting technique.

Alberon

• His heart is an empty fridge
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2019, 04:52:56 PM »
Yeah, this is genuinely good. As I said before it seems to have fit into the generally lighthearted Stargate SG-1 role while still slavishly copying 90s Trek style. The approach to the Kaylon homeworld last week did rip the music from the Vejur approach bit of ST: TMP.

Now I've finally got to wholeheartedly liking the show it will now be abruptly cancelled. Sorry for that.

Malcy

• Twitter
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2019, 05:17:06 PM »
Yeah, this is genuinely good. As I said before it seems to have fit into the generally lighthearted Stargate SG-1 role while still slavishly copying 90s Trek style. The approach to the Kaylon homeworld last week did rip the music from the Vejur approach bit of ST: TMP.

Now I've finally got to wholeheartedly liking the show it will now be abruptly cancelled. Sorry for that.

I hope not!

I'm loving the music and the sometimes not so subtle nods to Trek series & films. I can't stand the constant music in TV shows these days but this is a rare show i really enjoy it in. I read earlier about the Krill's god Avis. Obviously it's there for humour but it's also Latin for Bird. The Krill worship the 'great bird of the galaxy'. Wonder if it's a deliberate Roddenberry tribute or just something a fan has added to.

Malcy

• Twitter
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2019, 08:11:52 PM »
Good to have a bit of continuation from last week's. The music when Gordon and Oran left in the shuttle was very reminiscent of James Horner's 'Battle Of The Mutara Nebula' from The Wrath Of Khan. Not a bad thing at all.

Recognised the Krill ambassadors voice straight away. He was played by John Fleck who played Sillik in several episodes of Enterprise.

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2019, 12:10:08 PM »
I liked that episode, as you say, nice bit of continuity.

Really liked Gordon's escape from the shuttle-pod, it's the kind of thing older Trek couldn't really do, brought an extra edge to the action.

Malcy

• Twitter
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2019, 05:04:19 PM »
I liked that episode, as you say, nice bit of continuity.

Really liked Gordon's escape from the shuttle-pod, it's the kind of thing older Trek couldn't really do, brought an extra edge to the action.

I think the closet Trek got was beaming people out a shuttle before it exploded then they waited ages for rescue. Tom & B'elanna in Voyager i think.

No episode this week.